Announcing the Wildfire AvA Blitz
We are pleased to announce the coming Wildfire AvA Blitz. This 24-hour phase will begin Thursday, August 16 at 11:00 ET (15:00 UTC) and will end Friday, August 17 at 11:00 ET (15:00 UTC).
Like all blitz phases, Wildfire will be a change from the ordinary, and a challenge for Alliances big and small. This post will explain in general terms how Wildfire will differ from normal AvA phases. We will also post a set of FAQs to answer some common blitz-related questions, and in coming days will also publish a changelog with more details about the Wildfire blitz.
Always an Experiment
By design, blitz phases are different. While we have worked hard to design and test every aspect of the phase, it is important to keep in mind that some changes will be more to your liking than others. Remember, a blitz is not your normal AvA and are best-suited to Alliances looking for a different kind of AvA experience.
Low Risk and Low Cost
Like our last couple blitz AvA phases, Wildfire will require little in the way of silver or consumables for you to play. Also, there will be no cost to replace Sworn Swords throughout the phase, and camp contributions have been disabled, both to increase the importance of actions and to help level the playing field for all players.
Of course, like all phases, in addition to threshold rewards and character XP, Wildfire will include first and second rank regional titles, as well as Superlative titles.
Proximity of Attacks
Back by popular demand, Wildfire will include “Proximity of Attack”. Put simply, attacking enemy alliances who are closer to your leaderboard rank—whether above or below your Alliance—will yield greater rewards on successful attacks. The further away the target Alliance is in either direction, the less VP you will gain by a successful attack. This only will apply to harmful actions; helpful actions will provide a static VP amount to allow you more flexibility. The changelog will have more specifics on this change, if you are looking for them.
To help you make the best use of this change, the Leaderboard will center on your Alliance, regardless of your rank, and display the fifty Alliances above and below you.
Like in the previous blitz phase, Oracle, the Passive VP (Victory Point) timer will update every 15 minutes (normal phase timers “tick over” every hour). Effectively, this means that Passive VP will be updated for each Alliance four times an hour, and the leaderboard will be updated accordingly.
The purpose of this change is to provide Alliances with a more up-to-date reflection of their Passive VP earnings so their Leaders can make more accurate strategic decisions. Of course, from the earlier Oracle phase, we know this will disrupt the usual “by the clock” strategies of many Alliances--by design.
Overview of Changes
While the changelog will provide you with specific details--many of which you will recognise from the Oracle Phase--here is an overview of changes for WIldfire to help you and your Alliance get ready.
- Sworn Swords can be Replaced at no cost, and with a reduced replace timer, to allow players to easily replace those fallen in battle.
- Personal VP thresholds adjusted for shorter phase duration to make sure that rewards are attainable.
- Impact of Actions balance set to was was used in the Oracle phase.
- Garrison Points (GP) set to flat amount and lower the GP per player limit to provide a more level playing field for all players and open up participation.
- Reduced cooldown for sending waves to allow players to maximize the amount of actions they can send within the short phase.
- Action cooldown from gear will be counted towards this event.
- Increased Frequency of Passive VP Timer, from hourly to every 15 minutes.
- Low camp resource requirements, to lower risk/cost for participating .
- No specialization Bonuses on camps, to avoid possible camp imbalances. Primary camp stat bonus is still in effect.
- Lower GP required to Spy, to allow players to better use the lower GP levels.
- GP-related fealty talents not counted towards this event, to provide a more level playing field through uniform availability of Sworn Sword.
- Camps restricted to a single level (with large Silver and Health pools), to keep focus on actions instead of camp maintenance.
- Players cannot directly replenish Camp Health and Silver Pool with silver, but will have to replenish them through actions, to increase active gameplay.
- Impact values of actions increased, to further empower actions.
Good-luck to all the Alliances planning to participate in Wildfire. We encourage all of you to follow the FAQs in the forum for more details, as well as the Wildfire changelog, once posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Hey! You will be signed out in 60 seconds due to inactivity. Click here to continue using the site.