Newbie Questions

I'm new to this game and am trying to figure some things out. I noticed from reading through the achievements tab that there are six different types of building. I can tell battle and religion but how can you tell economy from trade? In my mind those two concepts go together. is there a page that lists which building is which type? Or, better yet, is there an instruction or wiki page anywhere?

Comments

• No in game explanations. None, don't bother looking. As for 'buildings', there are 8 houses (House Arryn - steal fealty is still missing making the game unfinished). There are three main action types for attack or defense: Battle, Trade & Intrigue. Each of the buildings you will have to build will have stats added to one or several of the action types. As far as I know, there is no difference between economy and trade. The word economy is not really used anywhere as far as I know.

Yes, there is a decent wiki page, but you have to use adblocker or the pages will not load quickly:
    gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Hope this puts you on the right path, we're all excited whenever a new player appears (this doesn't happen often anymore and it's quite an experience!). Best advice I can give you is to join an active (and less than 100 member) alliance who are newbie friendly and can answer most of your questions.
    If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

Dontos for the Iron Throne....Arya Serious?
  • NNNN ✭✭
    edited October 27
    yep the wiki also eats up alot of memory in my chrome browser unless I use adblock.
  • Playing the ipad version, but I cannot reincarnate. The icon is there, but when I go through the process, pick a new talent, then it loads back up and nothing changes.
  • IoS and Android versions are buggy. Especially when reincarnating, I would suggest borrowing a pc (or better yet iMac) from someone, and then press the button.....or stay away from reincarnation completely, like me :)

• ArienArien ✭✭
    Dutcher wrote: »
    IoS and Android versions are buggy. Especially when reincarnating, I would suggest borrowing a pc (or better yet iMac) from someone, and then press the button.....or stay away from reincarnation completely, like me :)

That’s pretty strong claim. I’ve got over 90 deaths in my pocket and I think not a single one was done in browser. They were done in the iPad app (very few of them on iPhone). I actually strongly prefer the iOS app and resort to playing in browser very rarely - mainly for missing features like mass sell; send spies in groups by type in AvA; getting BQ number; etc.

It’s certainly possible someone else has serious problems with the iOS app. But it’s not universal truth.
    Playing the ipad version, but I cannot reincarnate. The icon is there, but when I go through the process, pick a new talent, then it loads back up and nothing changes.

This happened to me once. About a month or two ago, I think. I was buffled and I have no idea what was different that time. Second attempt went well. I think I did it on different device, but I’m not sure.
  • Well. I will try a reinstall.
  • Ok. That failed.
  • ArienArien ✭✭
    Considering you reinstalled, I suppose you don’t have just a “device account”, but you actually linked your account to DB, am I right? In such case it should be possible to try Dutcher’s advice and perform the “reincarnating act” in the browser. After you name your character and start going through Prologue goals, you can switch back to the app.
  • NNNN ✭✭
    I've done restarts on an alt account that failed to go through properly (it would reload back to the same account) but if not the 2nd then the 3rd try always ended up being successful...............for the record I had done it on my laptop with a kongregate account.
  • Arien wrote: »
    I actually strongly prefer the iOS app and resort to playing in browser very rarely - mainly for missing features like mass sell; send spies in groups by type in AvA; getting BQ number; etc.

The browser version allows those. I think it's the android version that may be missing some of the features you mention.

• NNNN ✭✭
    I think you read it wrong @Dutcher
  • Right, sorry Arien. Thanks NN.

• Where is the INN we are supposed to get at level 4?
  • How can one make friend requests if one doesn't do Facebook?
  • NNNN ✭✭
    kon chat, amror gate, or the add friend thread her on the forum.

P.S you can actually look on facebook for a add friend gota group that is public, that way you will be able to see peoples comments and get their id without needed to actually sign up or log in to facebook.
  • ....or just search all alliances (easiest from the AvA button - regional rankings tab), click on every player profile in every alliance, and press 'add'. You'll have plenty friends in no time.

• AuralysAuralys ✭✭
    edited November 6
    Vonnie wrote: »
    How can one make friend requests if one doesn't do Facebook?

There are several places you can find friends to add that are not on Facebook.

• The "Add me" thread on the forum.
    • Look at forum signatures, many have links to add that person in game as a friend.
    • Join an alliance, either add every member and hope they are all active or scroll to the last page of the members list and add those players. They are usually the newest players in the game, and are more likely to be active. And are probably also in need of friends.
    • Open the power list (large throne icon on the main screen) and add players that are around you in power rank. Make sure they do not have a ? banner.Click "Prev" or click "Top".
    • Open the AVA menu and browse the alliances and their members lists. Everyone in the top 10-20 are very likely to be active players.
    • Open the PTP list and start sending barters.
    Alliance Leader in Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Send an in game Friend Request: Moriganna Stormborn

Reincarnations so far: 223
  • SemeonusSemeonus ✭✭
    edited November 17
    Hey guys. Few questions.
    How is it better to train SS? To gain a stat or a specialization? And what is the difference i.e. advantages of each option?

And it is interesting that my "spy" and "barterer" SS have to harass, because it is more successful. So this means that their trade and intrigue stats are useless?
  • NNNN ✭✭
    stat works best for tales, specialization works best for everything else (so long as you plan to use the action they are specialized in)
    stat combines with you main/character stat (except in tales where only ss stat matters) and thus increase your overall stat in that category (battle/trade/intrigue), specialization is a % increase of your stat for a particular action if combines with your character's % increase for that action to give you your final stat for the action (again except in tales where only ss stuff matters)

if your spy and barterer (merchant) have more success with harass, then either the quest/camp/or player you attacked had higher spy and barter stat vs harass stat, or your harass stat for one reason or the other is higher than your spy and barter stat......reasons for that include not having put any talent points to increase your spy and barter action, equipment, buildings, etc.
  • Dear lords,

Please consult. What PtP actions are more profitable? Fight, barter, swindle or steal?
    Please share your experience.
  • NNNN ✭✭
    Semeonus wrote: »
    Dear lords,

Please consult. What PtP actions are more profitable? Fight, barter, swindle or steal?
    Please share your experience.

Swindle is the most profitable if you can find high level low trade players, barter is second since you can just hit the same target and you get silver whether you win or lose.
  • GimGim ✭✭
    Talents table, level 500 : when unlocked do you have to top l500 again with RI to be able to use your points in the l500 unlocked ?
    Gim - Clarence Mayweather, 450 - Tully, Nordmen Alliance Officer - 1 teen dragon - 0 RI
    ID 13491120
    Did not watch any full GoT episode so far, barely the Ed Sheeran Cameo

Toolbox: Tales pass rate - Luck calc - Events timer - AvA action/vp board - Adventure rewards board and more..Calendar - AvA camps upgrades - fb GoTa page
  • The level unlocks need to be repeated each reincarnation, other than for talents you've already made permanent through reincarnations. Even then, you'll still have to wait for the level unlock to kick in for things like the fealty buildings, as just having the talent point permed doesn't bypass the need to hit level 13 to actually build the building.