What Intellectual Property Should DB Try To Develop A Game?

My Current STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
3. Actively pursue characters I care about. If a reward character doesn't interest me, don't pursue it (even if there is a potential disadvantage in the next event).
4. Contribute to the fleet.
5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
6. Have fun.
7. Voyage.
8. Have fun!

What Intellectual Property Should DB Try To Develop A Game? 5 votes

Killjoys
20%
One of Nottingham 1 vote
The Expanse
20%
Emperor Borg Drone 1 vote
Final Space
0%
Westworld
0%
Ghost Adventures
0%
Grey's Anatomy
40%
TarrantRogueAngyl 2 votes
I don't play games by DB anymore
0%
I don't play games by DB
0%
I don't play games
20%
Etienne 1 vote

Comments

• The Expanse
    Well, this sure is a popular thread :D
  • Grey's Anatomy
    In truth... I only made this to see how many people scroll this far down...
    My Current STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Actively pursue characters I care about. If a reward character doesn't interest me, don't pursue it (even if there is a potential disadvantage in the next event).
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • The Expanse
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    In truth... I only made this to see how many people scroll this far down...

I do. Also, if I see a poll, I have to take part in it :D
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited November 6
    I don't play games
    None of the above. If Timelines is their big money maker, they should develop another Star Trek game.... if isn't broke, don't fix it... or go with what works.

There would be a lot of benefits in going in this direction especially creatively. Some ideas that don't work for one game maybe perfect for another and it would allow DB to go in different directions from their established games. Plus CBS is taking about several new Star Trek series and they have stated that it's their goal to have new ST on every week or even every day. This is going to create a much larger fan base and people wanting to play ST.

Of course, DB needs to run some ads during these shows to draw people in. That's how I found this game. I was looking for a ST game but couldn't find one that worked for me until I saw a TV ad Timelines.

I understand there maybe an argument for diversification but Star Trek is not ephemeral like other shows. It endures..... if DB is smart, that is the way to go. IMHO

My second choice would be Dr. Who which is also a show that has longevity.

My 3rd choice would be for DB to develop a game that is completely unique and is not dependent on other peoples Intellectual Property and licensing agreements.

Another option is to develop Timelines elite. That once a captain hits say lv 90 - 100 that they go to the more advanced version of the game with even higher lv. cards to obtain. This would be the most cost effective option as very little additional development would be needed as you could just build on what you already have in place.

I could throw out 1000 ideas on what could be reasonably done like looking at what's in the public domain and building a game around something that once was popular and could be again with the right hype. However, I am not sure that DB is the kind of company that is looking for longevity and is more a make money fast and get out type endeavor.