Please reconsider shutting down AVA.

I realize the last AVA had a few bugs. Thus is life. I played the entire run, We, as an alliance never gave up. It was a hard fight in the Reach! I enjoyed the extra challenge. Please, please reconsider your decision to stop them. I have played over 5 and a half years. I have not given in yet. Let's go out in style together. Let us have our last few AVA's. You, I and the alliance. That is how it has been from the start. It should end the same way. One for all and all for one. Please let us have the AvA's. Rhaenys Targaryen Barristans Dragons Guard
Lola

Comments

• It was damned frustrating attempting to "play" AvA last event. Unresolved battles that might or might not actually have been resolved given that VP might or might not have been awarded for them, and some of the SS's reverted to defenders almost immediately. Frankly, under similar circumstances if another AvA were scheduled, I'd just put a full GP's worth of defenders wherever our leader wanted them and go on to do other things. Just not worth the frustration and stress. Oh, and by the way, thanks for the extra gold. I'm thinking back to PtP battles and using it to set up maximum defense and aggression if I do it.
  • Please reconsider the remaining ava’s Some of us fought the good fight regardless of the struggles the code and software presented. Some of us would like to continue to finish out strongly. I’ve been with DB for 5 1/2 years and met some amazing friends along the way, for the most part I have a strong bet of players that I started with from the beginning. It takes a special set of circumstances to allow a game friendship to foster a relationship like that. We’ve continued to grow over the years and just want a fair shake here at the end. Thank you for all the fun times!
  • Lola wrote: »
    I realize the last AVA had a few bugs. Thus is life. I played the entire run, We, as an alliance never gave up. It was a hard fight in the Reach! I enjoyed the extra challenge. Please, please reconsider your decision to stop them. I have played over 5 and a half years. I have not given in yet. Let's go out in style together. Let us have our last few AVA's. You, I and the alliance. That is how it has been from the start. It should end the same way. One for all and all for one. Please let us have the AvA's. Rhaenys Targaryen Barristans Dragons Guard

I am in favor of DB running another AvA, however it should be clear before the start if it is going to be a real functioning AvA or another unAvA like the last one. My alliance will only participate if we are guaranteed before hand that it will be a true AvA, we will not enter an AvA Snow (a bastardization of an AvA). At the same time we support the principle of other alliances knowingly entering a dysfunctional unAvA, if they so choose. Best of luck to those of you on this mission.
  • Yes please do run another AvA before the end. Even if it's buggy. I was really looking forward to one last hurrah together with old friends.
  • I figured it out. I split my GP into every Region. Whichever Regions gave me Pending; I pulled out and reinforced another camp in a Region that gave me results. My VP tally was rarely correct once I got all GP hitting somewhere. It was usually a fourth of the actual. The only problem I had was waiting two days for DB to fix something. My Alliance quit all around me but I went on and got 50K VP with every Alt. If I had not waited two days, I would have collected 100K with every Alt.
  • Based on recent news re: Tilting Point's investment in DB dedicated only to STT and their partnership to develop a new game together, DB seems to have other business priorities right now.

Based on DB's couple of announcements since it became apparent that the last AvA was a disaster, I read between the lines and don't think they have the dedicated GoTA staff to resolve the bugs. Since I assume AvA simply reuses the code from the last one with a few updates (rewards, titles, etc.), the errors can only get WORSE unless they have the staff not just to plug in the updates but also to go back and debug code, test, etc. Given the Jan 3 shutdown date do you really think they're at that level of staffing right now?

I completely empathize with your pleas but I don't think it's going to happen.
  • I am for another AvA before the lights go out! Call it the Chaos phase and let everyone take their chances on it working or not.
  • How about everyone backs down a bit an give the folks at DB a bit of thanks instead of throwing the toys out of the pram. the staff at DB are only human not white walkers.