With the end in sight, can you now reveal to us...

I would love to know the reason behind one of GoTA's great mysteries, the mysteriously-absent House Arryn. Years ago, someone found what looked like evidence that it was planned in the code, but DB was always cagey about why it never happened. Back then, many thought that it was because it might spoil a future in event in the show/books but barring a major twist in the story, it doesn't seem to be the case. Was it as simple as there having just always been other priorities that made it impossible to do the amount of work necessary to go back and write all the quests for a new house? Was there some other reason?

Best Answers

• ShanShan admin
    Accepted Answer
    Sakiaba wrote: »
    I would love to know the reason behind one of GoTA's great mysteries, the mysteriously-absent House Arryn. Years ago, someone found what looked like evidence that it was planned in the code, but DB was always cagey about why it never happened. Back then, many thought that it was because it might spoil a future in event in the show/books but barring a major twist in the story, it doesn't seem to be the case. Was it as simple as there having just always been other priorities that made it impossible to do the amount of work necessary to go back and write all the quests for a new house? Was there some other reason?

Interesting question, and I will have something to share about this very soon!
    When it is ready I will post it the Remembering Game of Thrones section :)

Answers

• Probably insufficient budget.

It's always curious to me that this was in the game:

seal_of_the_eagle_statview.jpg