New to the forums and cannot create a thread, post here please :)

If you are account on these forums is less than 2 days old and does not have enough points, you will not be able to create a new thread.

Please use this thread in the meantime :)

Comments

• Hey,
    I want to start over and pledge to a new house, how do I do this?
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Rhaea wrote: »
    Hey,
    I want to start over and pledge to a new house, how do I do this?

Restart or Reincarnate

The differences between the two being: you can restart at any time but you can only reincarnate after finishing Volume 1 of the story line, and reincarnating gives you a permanent talent point where as restarting does not.

http://gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Reincarnation

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/gota/viewthread/1477

• edited November 2017
    Hello,

After the last AVA my account keeps reseting itself 4 times already. I play for a day and the next day all my sworn swords are dead and it's like day 1 after the AVA. Im in a circle, whats happening?
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Hello,

After the last AVA my account keeps reseting itself 4 times already. I play for a day and the next day all my sworn swords are dead and it's like day 1 after the AVA. Im in a circle, whats happening?

send a ticket to support about it, by the sound of it your account isn't updating (the new activity you do on your account isn't being logged/saved in the server, or that previous version of your account is saved somewhere and it keeps overwriting the new data whenever you fire up the game and it goes to load up your account)
  • Waking the Dragon-II, I have been sending out invites but none of them are being sent.. does not matter what I do, refresh, restart, send them under different areas, nothing, nada, nix.... Yet I'm getting requests fine
  • Waylander wrote: »
    Waking the Dragon-II, I have been sending out invites but none of them are being sent.. does not matter what I do, refresh, restart, send them under different areas, nothing, nada, nix.... Yet I'm getting requests fine

This boss quest (in Volume 2) is bugged, invites don’t work. You can let people join using the full link (assuming you play in browser), but not through invites.
  • Hi,

Items from the Baby Dragons and Blood Gems Offer appeared in my Storage yesterday, but I definitely never bought the offer at any point during the time I've played. I sent a ticket to support and was told to ask for a refund, but since no money was taken from me, there's nothing to refund. I was wondering if this was a bug of some sort? Was I accidentally given these items for free?
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Well you could have crafted the items (the items in those offers are craftable), or did you redeem a gold/iron bank code while the offer was available (If its equal to the amount of the offer you get the offer bonuses i.e if you redeem a $20 code, it will basically be crediting your account for buying whatever $20 offer is running that day)
  • ranenskyranensky ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    NN wrote: »
    Well you could have crafted the items (the items in those offers are craftable), or did you redeem a gold/iron bank code while the offer was available (If its equal to the amount of the offer you get the offer bonuses i.e if you redeem a $20 code, it will basically be crediting your account for buying whatever $20 offer is running that day)

Definitely didn't craft the items. Newbie and I've just started serial reincarnating (have only reincarnated once), so I was focusing on that and wasn't planning on hatching a dragon for a long while.

By redeeming a code, do you mean typing in a special offer code in the Shop or just buying Gold? I've never redeemed a code, but I have bought Gold for $20 twice now.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    maybe you got them from the quartermaster then or even from daily login rewards (though you would have noticed unless you did it while distracted)...could also be from quest or boss quest, level up rewards...............it all depends, what items are we talking about? if its blood gems then since you didn't buy it or craft it I suppose its a bug, if it's peerless black gems then might have gotten a couple from the quartermaster while you weren't paying attention (I sometimes open my chest only to find myself 1 minute later wondering what it was I had gotten, as my mind was simply too distracted while I did it).....absent of gaining it from crafting, buying, redeeming kings gift or offer code, tales, ava, quartermaster, daily login rewards, level up rewards, lorebook rewards, quest rewards, bq or alliance challenge reward......it must be a bug.
  • I have 3 Flawless Blood Gems, 36 Pyres (5 regular, the rest with better stats) 6 Dragon Horns (1 regular and the rest with better stats). I reached the end of Volume 1 on my first character and I'm halfway throug it on my current character and afaik, no quests in Volume 1 gives such good rewards. I'm not in an alliance, so no ava or quartermaster. Never done tales. And while it is possible that one of the items was from daily rewards, there's no way all of them were.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    well only way to get blood gems is to craft it or buy an offer that contains it, and to craft it you have to get dragon blood, which since you don't use the quartermaster, don't do ava, and don't do tales you shouldn't have been able to craft one much less 3.......so yeah seems like your account got credited for an offer (seems like either a $20 or $50 one, not sure I don't pay to much attention to resource offers).

Ok so now that its clear what items we are talking about, and since you said you didn't buy it.....seems the system glitch/hiccuped/bugged/or you stumbled upon a way to exploit purchases without realizing it, well idk if db is investigating it but from the reply you said support gave you, it seems they gave you a general reply after interpreting you message to basically read something like "I didn't buy/didn't mean to buy these items" (and they are support, so shouldn't they ask you if you want to request a refund instead of telling you to ask for a refund??)

P.S you sure you didn't have a drunk moment or something and purchased the offer? might want to check the purchase history of your account on whichever platform your using (since db refuses to implement a in game purchase history....which I want to be able to track gold purchases, but obviously money purchases should be included as well)

have you ever made a purchase before and have an issue where it didn't go through or the payment went through but your account wasn't credited with the items.

have you made any purchases recently, it could actually be as simple as your account being credited for the wrong offer.

were you among the ios players whose account was out of sync with the web version? could be that the purchase you made on your device when it wasn't syncing with the latest account data didn't get credited to your account until you logged in to the web version or until after db fixed the ios app, and as a result it ends up crediting you for the offer at that time, rather than the one at the time of your purchase..........or since it wasn't syncing the data properly it showed as being credited but it obviously didn't sync/save it to your account, so maybe when db did the fix they ran a process to re-credit the affected accounts for all purchases made withing x amount of time.
    Bottom line I could speculate all day long (some might make sense, otherwise might just be total nonsense), and I doubt db is really going to get into it on the forum.....but if they haven't yet, they will sooner or later see your post on here, and look into it.......after all we're talking about something that could potentially end up being a undermining of the game's purchase processing ??system?? ??code?? ??process?? Idk the right word to use or the exact term for it but you get what I mean. (most likely though its just some minor bug or misunderstanding).

P.P.S if you really want it looked into, then request the refund..........since the items can be crafted they would have to actually look at the purchases on your account to ensure they don't refund or exchange ineligible items, not to mention to see what card/etc. the money would need to be refunded too.
  • Checked and rechecked the receipts and emails before I even contacted support. 3 purchases, 2 on the web, 1 on ios, and none of them were the offer. Never made a drunk purchase, never had any issues with the payment not going through or not receiving the items immediately after payment, never had any sync issues.

Support replied that since they don't have access to financial information, I'd have to contact whatever platform I'd made the purchase on for a refund (e.g. Bluesnap/iTunes). They also said that they "confirmed a purchase I made," except it was one of the 3 purchases I'd mentioned above, and definitely not the special offer, so that was no help. So yeah it sounds like they misunderstood the situation or something.

Thought I'd report this issue somewhere to see if it was actually an issue, before it becomes some full-blown exploit for items in the future or something. Gonna try and contact support again and see if I get a different response, otherwise I guess I'll be trying to hatch a dragon instead of reincarnating and wasting the items.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    yep sounds like a good idea.

P.S well your one of the very honest type but I don't think most people wouldn't draw attention to it if they saw extra items in their inventory, plus not all players use the forum so you might not be the only one its happened to..........your just the only one on here pointing it out and bringing attention to it.
  • I cannot reincarnate. I have completed all of level 1. I go to character and select reincarnate. I then choose a talent to keep. Then I press reincarnate and it takes me back to my old character. How can I get over this?
  • does anyone know why our ss have max rank 127?
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    emax wrote: »
    does anyone know why our ss have max rank 127?

because db chose that number to be the max rank
  • Looking at Enduring Legacy Quest, Chapter 4 I want to let DB know how much I absolutely wanted there to be a be a point at which I could press an option to say, 'No I'm not a coward and I'm not running away, House Bittersteel will stand beside House Stark.' Or one of my adviser's would say. 'After that wasteful adventure in the Storm land's you're going to fall for this again. It's a trap!' Or for one of them to point out that after the war against the Night King there will be no glory and rewards for cowards.
    Ok if Season 8 ends with everyone in Westeros dead that advice will have been wrong, but let's be optimistic, even if not a happy ending, some recognisable human civilization with a gradually increasing feeling of contentment, and increasing living standards, with surviving lords and ladies who have shown themselves to be good leaders running things. House 'Whichever' as at the least second family in their region.
    Thinking of the Tales,( for which there is no thread, perhaps because you don't want people leaping out shouting. 'It's a trap.' Why on a World of Ice and Fire would my Character want to do that ). I can report that parts 5,7 and 9 were good and enjoyable and showed the power building needing to create 'Second greatest House in a region.'
    But part 11 Gathering Storm, as a Lord from any region I tick the box marked, no I don't believe this it's a trap. But having done that I still wind up sending troops and money on what is for a Northern Lord a 'Fool's errand.' Which got one daughter killed and leaves a second one grief strickenly mad?
    Fine ok its extremely difficult I can only presume to do a separate between season storyline for each House, yes ok, but 'Running away to the Summer Islands.' rather than for example, salvaging relationship with your eldest daughter as first priority?
    No offense to the writers but also doing something that can do nothing to grow the power of your house, rather than growing the power of your house.
    What should House Bittersteel be doing in the North, I should be trying to persuade Jon Snow/Sansa Stark to make me governor of the Dread Fort, as it is Lord less and needs defending. Ok I might die but massive power gain. I should be trying to get vacant holdfasts added to my lands. I should be trying to trying to gain the wardship's of orphaned heirs of major Northern Houses running their lands till they come of age, and gaining influence for future alliances by being 'Kindly Uncle Aegor.' I should also be making every effort to get Jon Bittersteel hitched too Alys Karstark who in the TV series, we presume, has not been married to a Thenn. And Ella betrothed to Ned Umber. Marriage alliances too two great houses, and governor of the Dreadfort marvellous degree of power.
    Though doubtlessly to be unsuccessful for S8 plot reasons, my character is a widower, the Lady of Winterfell is a divorcee/Widow. Petyr Baelish is no longer casting a shadow over her. Let the flirting begin..... not probably.
    Anyway I know you potentially have till 2019 to fill but please no running away, please consider with no offense to the writers, polling the banners to ask what they think, I suspect 90% would answer how does running away help me gain power. My suggestion would be grand world tour/vacation is a thing for post Season 8 and the post 'Victory.' period?
    How about some flash backs, again separate flashbacks for different backgrounds, may be very difficult but is a time filling option.
    (Very long first post, but here it is)
  • Looking at Enduring Legacy Quest, Chapter 4 I want to let DB know how much I absolutely wanted there to be a be a point at which I could press an option to say, 'No I'm not a coward and I'm not running away, House Bittersteel will stand beside House Stark.' Or one of my adviser's would say. 'After that wasteful adventure in the Storm land's you're going to fall for this again. It's a trap!' Or for one of them to point out that after the war against the Night King there will be no glory and rewards for cowards.
    <sniped>
    (Very long first post, but here it is)

Hi and welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

I have forwarded it to our writer :)

There are certain choices we need to make due to the nature of the show, that being said we will take your feedback into consideration and we hope that you will be enjoy the next chapters in the story.
  • Hi. I need help removing some guys from AvA Traitor. Their human was at work and the sw’s got stuck in the game... Any help for that?
  • Hi. I need help removing some guys from AvA Traitor. Their human was at work and the sw’s got stuck in the game... Any help for that?

The sworn swords should get kicked automatically by DB (I’m not sure when that happens, though). If they are really stuck, the player needs to send a support ticket (support link is down below on this page).

If the problem is the player plays on iOS and can’t access AvA anymore, there is a workaround to reach it: Go to “Alliance”, then “Diplomacy”, then click on any “Engage” button. It does nothing to the alliance, it just opens the AvA screen. Then the player can remove the sworn swords from the camp.
  • Hi!

I got the prompt to claim my AvA prizes, but due to internet connectivity issues, I had to reload the page. The prompt didn't show up again, and the rewards aren't in my storage. Is there any way to claim my AvA rewards, or should I just wait?
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Same here. Has happened before, just wait, the button to claim will appear again later today, tomorrow or the next day. If it takes too long, you can send a ticket to support.

Note to DB: This usually happens when the claim rewards pop-up is trying to pop up at the same time as shop offers and other annoying in-game notifications and pop-ups. Please disable all other notification pop-ups first before issuing AvA and Tales rewards. This will prevent the problem.
    Arya Serious? If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
  • @Sun and Spear
    Did you get a new claim button pop up yet and were you able to claim your AvA rewards?
    I haven't, so I sent a ticket, just letting you know. If it doesn't happen today it's probably time to do the same.
  • edited December 2017
    How often does the peerless gear in the shop refresh? I have refreshed with gold around 20 times and realized that only about 6 peerless gear items change and only cycle through a few different items. I am waiting on Brienne's Harrenhall dress to appear in the shop but I haven't seen it at all in the last couple of weeks. Certainly wasted a lot of gold just to figure out it won't pop up with a manual refresh.
  • @Dutcher I haven't, and sent a ticket yesterday. No response yet though.
  • That's about the worst possible place to spend your gold, on ss refreshes or gear refreshes. It's DB's version of the sucker bet. You'll be far better off just asking in the forum for the item you want to be added soon, or send in a ticket. While you do that, I would also ask them to refund your lost gold.
  • I am looking for some advice. I have hatched and grown one adolescent dragon. I was considering trying to grow it to mature, but the ancient horn craft seems so horrible and the Dothraki rider craft ain't easy either. I am considering hatching a second dragon and growing it to adolescent as well. Do you think it would be better to try to hatch a second dragon or try for the mature? I am a generalist intrigue player, play AvA and dabble in tales.
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    For AvA you want speed, so it depends on how fast your attacks are now and how badly you need a bigger dragon to reach the speed reduction cap. The General (non-colored) Mature Dragon can also be a great help in tales. In your case I would therefore eventually want 2 mature or colossal dragons (one Generalist and one Intrigue (tan).

Regarding the ancient horn, the base luck has been increased and if you are able to gain a flawless blue gem somehow (from tales Top 500 and/or 90k renown for example), it will get you to 95% success rate on the first attempt (almost guaranteed). Without those flawless blues you might be wasting a lot of time trying to get the horn however, and having 2 Ado's first might help you get to where you need to be in tales.

So even though it's a coin toss and depends on several factors as well as personal preference, I would recommend using some extra speed seals for AvA now while you are evolving the dragons, evolving your second dragon to Ado first, then when you can access flawless blue gems for the ancient horn start maturing them both.

Hope that helps.
  • Hi Dutcher,

Thanks for the advice. With spy I am already over the 70% speed cap for AvA thanks to my speed gear, foreign diplomat upgrade and the 8% speed tactics my alliance uses. With Sabotage and Steal though I am at 65% -- pretty close, but the mature dragon would help there.

I am mediocre in Tales and have no flawless blue gems. I have not ranked highly enough in Tales to get any. I suspect you are correct that a second adolescent dragon would help there.

Let me know if this additional information changes your advice.