Add House Arryn

Please

Thank you

;)

Comments

• ZeppZepp ✭✭
    I'm surprised it took so long for an "Add House Arryn" thread to pop up... It is, by far, the most requested change in the game, and one that seems years overdue...
  • I did many reincarnations (over 200) and waited for the last runs as house Arryn. But last Xmas I stopped the reincarnations because I didn't want to wait until the end of this game. Therefore now I'm playing normal with all my gained talent points and enjoy it. Well, I don't know if I would play Arryn when it comes one day because it would destroy my new level status which enables me to play the game with all it's features like AvA, Tales, full AP with 240 SS, PtP and so on. It seems to be too late!
    217 permanent talent points:
    Stark: 34 Lannister: 18 Greyjoy: 26 Baratheon: 26 Targaryen: 26 Martell: 26 Tyrell: 34 Tully: 26 / Arryn: 0 Battle: 1
    18 Dragons: Colossal: 2 - Mature: 6 - Adolescent: 8 - Young: 2 - Baby: 0 - DragonEgg: 0 - Dormant Egg: 0
    Alliance: Ghosts of Wynterfell - Send me an ingame Friend Request: Ingolf Lannister
  • I agree with Ingolf, I just decided to settle down and I am not really intrested in another House. It would probably have to have a really great weapon that can only be crafted their for me to even consider it anymore.
    Stark 3 Lannister 3 Greyjoy 5 Baratheon 2 Targaryen 2 Martell 6 Tyrell 1 Tully 2 Arryn?!0
  • Of course, some are done reincarnating, and some never have, but there are still many that would go for house Arryn.
    Zepp wrote: »
    It is, by far, the most requested change in the game, and one that seems years overdue...

And also the one we will probably never get, no matter how much we ask. We keep getting new quest volumes, which will make it even harder for them to try. If they had just started working on it, just bit by bit, the first time they said it was too much work, we'd have it already. As much as I love DB and this game, that is the one thing that really disappoints me. But oh well, I'll just get the useful talents that exist now.
    "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone"

Audrey Tallhart C

10 Stark, 2 Lannister, 18 Greyjoy, 12 Baratheon, 2 Targaryen,10 Martell, 34 Tyrell, 10 Tully, 1 Adventure Party

1 adolescent, 1 red adolescent, 1 young, 1 tan baby
  • Ok, given the latest lay-offs at DB, it seems like they don't have enough people even if they wanted to give us house Arryn. I'm just hoping the game survives.
    "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone"

Audrey Tallhart C

10 Stark, 2 Lannister, 18 Greyjoy, 12 Baratheon, 2 Targaryen,10 Martell, 34 Tyrell, 10 Tully, 1 Adventure Party

1 adolescent, 1 red adolescent, 1 young, 1 tan baby
  • This will never happen. Ever.
  • Considering STT is "the engine" driving the company, the developers should remember where their company actually got its start and give the community House Arryn. You would see an immediate influx of enthusiasm for the game and dollars.
  • House arryn is kidnapped and turned into wight by the walking dead. Go dead and won't alive again.
  • We may never get it, but I will keep asking...

When I remember

The fact that they never finished this game should bug them to no end.

No Steal Fealty = Unfinished game

But,

Please

Add House Arryn

Thank you

• Please don't add house Arryn! My main Character just started Power leveling and i don't want to start over!
  • edited October 20
    I did many reincarnations (over 200) and waited for the last runs as house Arryn. But last Xmas I stopped the reincarnations because I didn't want to wait until the end of this game. Therefore now I'm playing normal with all my gained talent points and enjoy it. Well, I don't know if I would play Arryn when it comes one day because it would destroy my new level status which enables me to play the game with all it's features like AvA, Tales, full AP with 240 SS, PtP and so on. It seems to be too late!

It would mess up everything for me too!! :s :s :s
  • I would only agree to this IF DB would open up and perm that house in advance for the high level players that are done with RI. It has cost us a lot of time getting that level that high up.
  • This is the only way to make the scripted 5k level accounts obsolete, or at least give the fair players a small advantage over them! Build house Arryn now and strike a blow against the cheaters!
    (Of course it would be bad for the fairly played 5k level accounts but let's be honest, how many of those are really around?).
    If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

Dontos for the Iron Throne....Arya Serious?
  • Now is the perfect time to begin working on House Arryn. with the introduction of character XP into AvA, combine it with script-detection software and release House Arryn. @Dutcher there are still plenty of 5K accounts around.
  • Hi Lizzie, yes, I know, but how many of those were achieved through fair/honest play? There would be some but not many is my guess. Most would be scripted or shared accounts.

• When last asked, DB explained that they can't add any new house. The code is such a 'spaghetti' mess that it would mean re-writing the entire game as it is impossible to trace back the code strings. They dare not touch the core mechanics or they risk crashing the game completely.
  • NNNN ✭✭
    interesting, interesting...............nope all I read from that is we can't do it because we aren't good enough programmers and we've already screwed up and didn't keep the games code detailed and organized in a way that would allow us to implement such a change, even though we should have had it planned out from the beginning.

Ehhhh seems like excuses to me, if one really isn't good enough to get something done, they get someone who is good enough to do it......unless of course they don't really want it done.
  • We had this discussion years ago, and from what I can remember Aunt Pol is correct. The code is spaghetti, due to DB using several different outside contractors to develop different parts of the game then tried to piece the different parts together as they went along which of course caused so many weird and persistent bugs and fails. Anyone who was a part of the original code development is by now long gone and there aren't that many left who even know how to enter the darkness let alone find the way out (main reason why it takes so long to fix even the simple bugs). They have made many improvements since last year but creating a new house to actually finish the game is probably too daunting for them. I could be wrong about any or all of the above but this is what I understood from the many posts in the old forum over the last 2 years. Maybe Nod can chip in here to verify, I think he's the only one who has any clue about the coding.

• DB never envisioned that the game would last so long or be so popular. They originally anticipated that players would have about 10 to 15 SS and only enough gear to run them. There was no AvA or even PtP and they vastly underestimated how competitive their players would be. Various programmers were brought in, on limited contract, to build those player directed changes. Each programmer did their own thing in their own way and didn't leave any record of how they had done things.

It was only recently that they realised that they should have capped certain aspects of the game (such as levels, inventory etc). Some have now been capped. If I was polite, I'd call it a 'learning curve'.
  • I don't understand why people are still so obsessed with 'House Arryn'! Is it just the completionists? Is it the serial RIers? As a player who hasn't RI'd for about 2.5 years and is now over level 1,500 with a significant collection of SS and gear, I certainly don't want another house at this late stage!

Maybe it would be good for those serial RIers, but for many of us it would force a really frustrating choice: either miss out entirely on an exciting new addition to the game, lose lots of SS, gear and levels that we've worked hard for or spend huge amounts of money to perm SS and gear but still lose lots of levels and have to grind our way back to where we are now.

Yes, I think the 9th slot is there to be filled (I wondered if there would be a White Walker house at one point), but I think the game has gone away from that point now. Adding a new house causes more problems than it solves in my view.
  • NNNN ✭✭
    edited October 26
    Aunt Pol wrote: »
    Each programmer did their own thing in their own way and didn't leave any record of how they had done things.

actually wrote a long reply before that I then decided to just not bother post, but since you mention this I will touch on it a little just to say that it is indeed a matter of them not having things kept organized and detailed enough (how do you let outside programmers have the run of your game and allow them to go about doing things without outlining how you want it done or having them detail how they did what they did is beyond me)
    Also even in the case of the game code being like a bunch of twisted knotted wires, one can certainly either have a couple staff members dedicate the time to sort through it and or hire a competent professional to do it.

• Axell Brax Axell Brax ✭✭
    edited December 7
    Ok after reading this thread I am disappointed that a new house looks unlikely but nearing the end of my reincarnation quest means I can now make plans. 21 RI's left should be done soon :smile: 3 years of RI is enough!
    Total reincarnations: 316
    42 Stark,42 Lannister, 42 Greyjoy, 22 Baratheon, 42 Targaryen,42 Martell, 42 Tyrell, 42 Tully