Who else is beyond disappointed by the lame Whisperer Titles?

Did DB staff who selected these titles not watch/study Game of Thrones? Varys, Spider, Whisperer, Little Birds... Qybern, Whisperer... Surely they could have run with those somehow? It's almost like another spy penalty, shot at the spies, which is beyond old. Get it together DB, Use Whisperer relevant titles. Why are Ghosts and spirits being used during WHISPERER?
Bellatrix Darke

Best Answer

• ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I just assumed that they hated spies so much that they were using this phase as another giant FU to spies...
    Colossal Dragons: Apophis, Nanabozho
    Adolescent Dragons: Kutkh, Samartitxiki, Sun Wukong, Ti Malice, Veles, Wisakedjak
    Baby: Anansi, Azeban, Exu, Guidgen, Huehuecoyotl, Itomi, Juha, Lilith, Loki, Maui, Mendacius, Seokga, Susanoo, Wahn, Yun Harla

Answers

• TullyManTullyMan ✭✭✭
    I see a 'Ghost', but I see no 'Spirit' among the titles...

...was the spirit of Jack Daniels 'Whispering' into someone's ears mid-rant, I wonder? :p
  • edited January 10
    TullyMan wrote: »
    I see a 'Ghost', but I see no 'Spirit' among the titles...

...was the spirit of Jack Daniels 'Whispering' into someone's ears mid-rant, I wonder? :p

Exactly what do you think the "Shadow of the Dreadfort" is? I'll give you a clue. It's a spirit. Notice the capitalization? No? Because it's a description NOT a listed title. Or perhaps you didn't learn that in English Comp? Perhaps you'd like to read the history of the Dreadfort and edit your insulting comment. What alliance are you in? I'd love to show you why it's not smart to be on the wrong side of whisperers.
    Bellatrix Darke
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Seemed to me it was meant as a light hearted joke not an insult.
    And I don’t get how Shadow of the Dreadfort equals spirit either, is their some book or show remark/statement that makes the connection? The feeling I get from the title is more inline with statements like “He cast a big shadow”, “The House was surrounded by an ominous shadow” (that second one is indeed sometimes use to imply paranormal things are a foot, but most times it’s just meant to convey that it’s a scary place in which horrible things have or will happen).

But yes either way most of the original titles are beyond lackluster and is greatly outshined by the superlative and 2nd rank titles (even though those simply have whisperer at the end).
  • edited January 12
    NN wrote: »
    Seemed to me it was meant as a light hearted joke not an insult.
    And I don’t get how Shadow of the Dreadfort equals spirit either, is their some book or show remark/statement that makes the connection? The feeling I get from the title is more inline with statements like “He cast a big shadow”, “The House was surrounded by an ominous shadow” (that second one is indeed sometimes use to imply paranormal things are a foot, but most times it’s just meant to convey that it’s a scary place in which horrible things have or will happen).

But yes either way most of the original titles are beyond lackluster and is greatly outshined by the superlative and 2nd rank titles (even though those simply have whisperer at the end).

The Shadow of the Dreadfort is the rat cook who haunts the Dreadfort. Didn't you watch the show either? When Sam and Gilly and Bran are all there and Sam tells the story? SMH...

And implying someone is drinking Jack Daniels is not only not funny, it's gross. If it's not Absolut or a small batch whiskey, it isn't even allowed in my house. So, know your audience or your comedy routine is just an irritant...
    Bellatrix Darke
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Well unfortunately I can’t recall all the things that are said or even done in the show, however a google search of the rat cook indicates that happened at the nightfort not the dreadfort, as the story goes the rat cook is also still believed to be alive roaming the halls so he’s not considered a spirit.

Well you are correct that a comedian should know their audience, and the part about jack daniels not being allowed in your house is chuckle worthy......neither of those changes the fact you went nuclear, and insulted someone’s comprehension skills(/intellect).....I’m going to presume you took great offense to the reference that your OP was a rant, well you made a valid point so that too should just be considered a joke (even if it was potentially meant in a serious manner).

P.S Like I said you made a valid point, but as I was writing I came up with rationale for using ghost and “spirit” (of course there’s other crappy ones) as a true spy is like a ghost.

P.P.S I don’t think the spies are ever called whisperers even though the title of master/mistress of whisperers is pretty much only ever held by those who have a wide spy network, in fact Varys little birds are said to have had their tongues removed which means they do no whispering.......so we can look at it as a whisperer either being one who gossips and spreads rumors or a whisperer being like a puppet master whispering in peoples ears, controlling people (ideally from the shadows).
  • No.
    Bellatrix Darke