Books and Shows

So i have insomnia and a really bad case of ADHD, and a bit of a speed reader

was wondering if you guys could help me find some new books or shows to watch while i am up late at night

read and watch mostly scfi, space opera, military scfi, and a ton of the different flavors of fantasy

read about 60k or so books( usally one or two a day ) and burned thru a lot of different shows, so getting harder and harder to find good stuff

any thoughts on some good stuff?

• Do you know Dark Skies (90ies show, not the very bad movie with the same name)

It was canceled after 1 Season but imho it was a great X-Files style show, explaining all huge events in the 60ies with an alien conspiracy. It is rarely known, so maybe you don't know it yet.
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    ya allready watched that one, thanks tho
  • British sci fi tv

The tripods
    Space 1999
    Blake's 7

America sci fi

silent running (Bruce Dern)

Books Fantasy & Sci Fi

A warlock in spite of himself
    The lens men series
    Dragon riders of pern
    Stainless steel rat

Should keep you busy for a week

• MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Read or watched all those, expect 2of the brit ones ill check them

Read pern alot when younger, stainless is still funny
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25
    Well they're all non-canon now, but a lot of the Star Wars books are quite fun. The Heir to the Empire trilogy is a great starting point. And a personal favorite of mine is K. Travis's Mandalorian series, starting with the Republic Commando books. (Sadly this series was unfinished, but it's still awesome!)

And since we're on a Trek forum, I have to shout out to The Eugenics Wars (two-book series), featuring Khan's backstory.

Oh, and on the fantasy side I'd highly recommend Robin Hobb's Farseer series, starting with Assassin's Apprentice. (Starts with a trilogy, and then goes long.)
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Loved the farseer books lol, read about ever starwars and star trek book out there, really liked the x-wing siers
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Loved the farseer books lol, read about ever starwars and star trek book out there, really liked the x-wing siers
    Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about those and yes they were great. Especially if you grew up playing X-Wing, because the battle scenes are crafted perfectly on what you do in the games.

Let's see...have you read the Sword of Truth series? Those are quite excellent too.

And in sci-fi...Ringworld?
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Ya read all those but thanks
  • Discworld series would be my suggestion. 41 novels and most are gold. A lot like Douglas Adams.