AvA Test Phase - All Player Issues & Feedback

Greetings Bannermen,

This thread is dedicated to conversations around Issues and Feedback for the AvA test Phase (see: https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2018/3/5/gota-ava-test-phase-to-address-pending-actions). Normal Issues and Feedback rules apply. Hope you'll be able to take part and provide whatever feedback you can!

BUG REPORT FORMAT (Example)
Description: After I first logged in, I went to the AvA regions and no camps were there. I restarted the game, but they still didn’t show up in AvA.
Here’s how you can test it:

Reproduction steps:
1. Head into the game.
2. Click on the AvA button on the top-right.
4. Head to a region.
5. Look for any camp icons.
6. Note that no camp icons are there.

Expected: I am able to see camps in AvA.
Actual: I cannot see camps in AvA.

FEEDBACK or SUGGESTIONS FORMAT (Example)
1. Explain what you were doing when you had the problem or saw the opportunity for a suggestion.
2. Detail how you would like it changed and explain why.
3. Be respectful and give as much information and reasoning as possible.
4. Include screenshots or specifics when relevant.

Please keep all posts respectful so we can help to deliver the best AvA experience.

Comments

• Greetings Bannermen,

Some folks are already asking about the 'lower resource and shorter timer' requirements for camp upgrades. Here are some details:

Battle (per camp level):
    - 10 seconds to upgrade
    - 1 Stone (Common Resource)

Trade (per camp level):
    - 10 seconds to upgrade
    - 1 Cloth (Common Resource)

Intrigue (per camp level):
    - 10 seconds to upgrade
    - 1 Fish (Common Resource)

Hope that helps!
  • Will there also be rank rewards for this test phase, or only the VP threshold ones per player?
  • Will there also be rank rewards for this test phase, or only the VP threshold ones per player?

There won't be rank rewards; only the regular personal threshold rewards.
  • Will you adjust the VP needed for each personal treshold reward? Getting to 1M+ will be impossible in 24h...
  • Confused. I understand that daylight saving in ET does not start till after this phase? It is stated that Test AvA starts 1100 ET and 1500 UTC a time difference of 4 hours rather than the usual 5. Could you confirm that the times are correct or revise them. Thanks.
  • Will the usual spoils be allocated for successful attacks. I see no mention of these. Thanks
  • eagllrdeagllrd ✭✭
    Will you adjust the VP needed for each personal treshold reward? Getting to 1M+ will be impossible in 24h...

good qustion but will they do it and answer
  • Confused. I understand that daylight saving in ET does not start till after this phase? It is stated that Test AvA starts 1100 ET and 1500 UTC a time difference of 4 hours rather than the usual 5. Could you confirm that the times are correct or revise them. Thanks.

Yes, you're right! We will correct the time in the blog shortly. It should read 16:00 UTC.
  • eagllrd wrote: »
    Will you adjust the VP needed for each personal treshold reward? Getting to 1M+ will be impossible in 24h...

good qustion but will they do it and answer

As this is an (additional) test phase, we have chosen to focus on testing the new update. This means the threshold rewards will stay as normal. Please keep in mind, there will be a regularly scheduled 4-day AvA phase starting next week.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    That’s very fair and certainly acceptable.
  • From blog post:

"The test phase will last no longer than 24 hours.
    The test phase will start Wednesday, March 7th at 11:00am ET (15:00 UTC) and end no later than Thursday, March 8th at 11:00am ET (15:00 UTC)."

No longer and no later... does this mean the phase can be cut short or is this more like "in case it's not working properly"?
  • AuralysAuralys ✭✭
    From blog post:

The test phase will start Wednesday, March 7th at 11:00am ET (15:00 UTC) and end no later than Thursday, March 8th at 11:00am ET (15:00 UTC)."

No longer and no later... does this mean the phase can be cut short or is this more like "in case it's not working properly"?

If we go by past test phases, then yes, it's so that they can stop it, fix anything that has exploded and then assess if they want to continue with the test. :) They sort of have a narrow window to run this test with Breaker of Chains on the 9th.
    Alliance Leader in Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Our GOTA Wiki Page: Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Looking for new members, we accept new players, reincarnators, ava'ers, and social players, etc.

Send an in game Friend Request: Moriganna Stormborn

Reincarnations so far: 268

Do you need help finding inactive players in your alliance? Want a spreadsheet of all of your alliance members? Send me a message here, or on facebook. I don't need to be a member/officer/leader of your alliance, I just need your ID# and a few days. Even if you have 5000+ members, I don't mind. I want to help.
  • Auralys wrote: »
    From blog post:

If we go by past test phases, then yes, it's so that they can stop it, fix anything that has exploded and then assess if they want to continue with the test. :) They sort of have a narrow window to run this test with Breaker of Chains on the 9th.

Yes, that's exactly correct, though we currently don't foresee much risk of an early shutdown (but good to be prepared!). Thanks for chiming in, Auralys!
  • DinnyinDinnyin ✭✭
    I'm seeing "results pending" against an undefended camp for approximately 2 mins and 15 seconds with a 160 GP wave. Is this helpful?
  • RanxeroxRanxerox ✭✭
    I'm on an IPad running the game app through DB...and the AvA is not functioning at all. I did open a camp and run an attack but now the game is not letting back into the camp nor is it recognizing any other alliances in any region. Any one else having this issue? If not, I'll put in a ticket.
  • Passives are not being added to alliance ranks each hour, at least on Vale...
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    McFarcry wrote: »
    I'm on an IPad running the game app through DB...and the AvA is not functioning at all. I did open a camp and run an attack but now the game is not letting back into the camp nor is it recognizing any other alliances in any region. Any one else having this issue? If not, I'll put in a ticket.
    No need for a ticket
  • RanxeroxRanxerox ✭✭
    That's not particularly helpful. The AvA has no functionality and I have SS trapped in the AvA. I cannot access the camps, even though it shows in the region.

• NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    It wasn’t meant to be helpful. I’m simple pointing out the fact that it’s a test phase and this is a feedback thread for the phase, therefore the best thing to do is exactly what you have already done (post here about your issue).

P.S I’m pretty sure I’f you submit a ticket about such an issue it will have to be passed on to the “engineers” for them to resolve it.......I’m positive that will take you a few days. Really it would just be wasting your time and adding an unneed ticket to the queue.
  • McFarcry wrote: »
    That's not particularly helpful. The AvA has no functionality and I have SS trapped in the AvA. I cannot access the camps, even though it shows in the region.

Open your safari browser, enter on DB page, login and try to play, ungarrison and so on. After this back to app and check...
  • Brewmaster wrote: »
    Passives are not being added to alliance ranks each hour, at least on Vale...

Passives still not being added in all regions...
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed on occasion I’ve had to refresh a couple times for the camp to show up (using safari on iPhone), and or restart the app a few times (currently playing one account in the browser and one using the app).......not sure if that’s exclusive to this phase, as I don’t usually play this way.
  • RanxeroxRanxerox ✭✭
    Check. More detail: I'm able to get into the AvA and I can see my camp (trade camp in the North) but when you scroll the camps, it does not recognize that the camp is built. Clicking on the Build Camp button on other unbuilt camps does nothing. If I try to run an attack through "View Camps", I get a message saying I have no camps in this region.
  • ArCaNNeSArCaNNeS ✭✭
    Still getting pending results ;)~ on Chrome Db platform.
    z08gm7ea8xe2.png
    "Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Golden Nightmare Lanah D'avalon - Big Mama's House .
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    I believe we are all still getting/will still get pending results....I think what their testing is more a fix to lessen the pending and fix the issue where a wave doesn’t resolve before the end of the cooldown.

Edit: since I have no idea what you guys (db) are aiming for, for the record all my waves have so far resolved within 3mins (more like 2 but let’s say 3 just to be safe).
    An though likely unnecessary, There’s currently a winter storm going on where I am.
  • 3 hours in to test phase and when I look at rewards screen it shows that I have already reached, AND CLAIMED, the top of the tree.

In fact I have 52K VPS!!
  • Three hours in and two full waves of 244 GP have not registered in the log or awarded VP in the personal totals. Just like last phase when they weren't resolving before end of cooldown.
    Bellatrix Darke
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    SunstarKoD wrote: »
    3 hours in to test phase and when I look at rewards screen it shows that I have already reached, AND CLAIMED, the top of the tree.

In fact I have 52K VPS!!

So it’s showing you already reached and collected the 2mil vp reward? did you reach that point last ava?

Three hours in and two full waves of 244 GP have not registered in the log or awarded VP in the personal totals. Just like last phase when they weren't resolving before end of cooldown.

So the wave didn’t resolve? Or it showed as resolved but didn’t award vp or register in the log?
  • The wave appeared resolved and sent out as if it had, but didn't award VP or register in the log.
    Bellatrix Darke