lost 1 dracary unclear why

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The same has just happened to me! Not sure when it disappeared. I had 2 and (eventually) crafted a third to enable crafting harnessed dragonfire. Then discovered one of my 2 had disappeared
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 21
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Blue gem bonus is not displayed because it is not permanent. It is added during the craft however, you lost nothing (blue peerless = 7).
    Arya Serious? If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
  • edited June 23
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Yes, it does count the bonus. It just doesn't show/display the added luck bonus from blue gems (because luck from blue gems is for that craft only and doesn't get added after the craft fails as opposed to black gem luck).
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Gim, I think you don't understand what I am trying to tell you. When using a Blue gem (not black, just any blue), the added luck bonus will NOT display (not on the luck counter and not on the blue bar and not even after refreshing, it will never show up) but it WILL count! You just won't see it working but it works. It's called having "blind trust" in DB or a "sucker bet" :)
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Dutcher is correct gim, I think you just not really getting what he’s saying.
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Blue gem:
    It counts, the luck bonus is added.
    However, it does not display the added bonus to the accumulated luck count.
    The blue bar does not increase either.

Black gem:
    It counts, the luck bonus is added.
    The increased accumulated luck count is displayed.
    The blue bar increases.

I can't explain it any simpler than that.
  • GuderianGuderian ✭✭
    Alas, the blue gem confusion strikes again. Hmm, if only there were an extremely simple solution to this problem that has gone on since the whole luck / blue gem systems were introduced...

On a side note, I suppose it's not actually possible to confirm that they function properly, is it? I know it IS technically possible, with enough tries, to confirm that they DON'T function, if that were the case. E.g., if you know the max luck of an item (what is it, 20 for dracarys?), and you keep failing until you have at least 13 luck, then use a peerless blue gem (+7) and still fail with what should have been a 100% chance of success, then that would indicate the blue gem doesn't work. But since every item has a small amount of base luck, there doesn't seem to be any way to truly confirm the temp luck works successfully.

So it seems we've all been relying on the silence from the community on that front (i.e., no one has proven they DON'T work) as confirmation that they do work, which is far from scientific and frankly disturbing that that's our only proof.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    The same could be said for black gems, you might see the change in the luck number/bar but does it actually work? Or is it just displaying properly but not actually functioning/applying properly?.
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Both right. All I can say is I have found no evidence of anything being wrong or not working regarding the gems. Bad luck, yes seen plenty of that and also good luck. I have also tried the 'dracarys' method many times using a peerless or flawless blue on a last attempt and every time when I figured it should be 100% success, it was. If it didn't work only 1 time I would immediately say it's scientifically proven that it isn't working correctly. But that has never happened. Thankfully the DB hamsters can still count.
  • GuderianGuderian ✭✭
    edited June 27
    NN wrote: »
    The same could be said for black gems, you might see the change in the luck number/bar but does it actually work? Or is it just displaying properly but not actually functioning/applying properly?.
    True, but far less likely, imo. If black gems didn't work, that would mean all of us who have hatched/evolved dragons or other gear have been really, really damn lucky every single time we succeeded, since instead of 50 or 60 or 70 luck, we'd have only the base luck (provided the rest of the luck system functioned as intended). So from an observational standpoint, I don't think very many evolve attempts would be successful, and there wouldn't be too many people out there with very many dragons. Still, your point is valid that nothing in the game can be confirmed beyond what is displayed for us to see.
    Dutcher wrote: »
    Both right. All I can say is I have found no evidence of anything being wrong or not working regarding the gems. Bad luck, yes seen plenty of that and also good luck. I have also tried the 'dracarys' method many times using a peerless or flawless blue on a last attempt and every time when I figured it should be 100% success, it was. If it didn't work only 1 time I would immediately say it's scientifically proven that it isn't working correctly. But that has never happened. Thankfully the DB hamsters can still count.
    Well I'm glad there are other people out there who have been watching closely enough to test for an impossible failure. I concur that my experience has been the same for my own dracarys tests, though I don't have a huge sample size since they usually succeed by the 2nd or 3rd try. As you say, there's no evidence to suggest blue gems don't work, and therefore I believe they do. I just wish we had a way to prove a positive instead of not proving a negative, even if that "proof" is just in the form of adding a display.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Lol I was just going with the flow, in truth when I 1st started doing luck craft and saw that the bar/number didn’t change with blue gems, I also thought it wasn’t working. I also don’t really see any reason it couldn’t have been done in a way that blue gems raise the bar during the attempt when used and then on failure the bar returns to showing the current permanent luck points the player has.
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    ^^ exactly