Introducing Daily Adventures & Daily Tokens - Edited: May 18, 2018

edited May 20 in Citadel
Note: The release date in this post has been changed to later in the year to allow for further testing and development of this new feature that will ensure more consistent performance across all platforms. We will provide an update as the exact release date approaches.

Greetings Bannermen,

Coming later this year, we will be proud to offer all players level 5 and above an innovative way to enjoy Game of Thrones Ascent: Daily Adventures. Every day, you will be granted 5 Daily Adventure Tokens that you can use to access exclusive new Adventures. By winning these Adventures, you will be able to gain a variety of rewards, from craftable resources to Sworn Sword/Character XP, silver, and higher-tier crafting items.

Daily Adventures will be available across all mobile platforms May 24th.

How It Works

Every day at midnight UTC, you will automatically receive 5 Daily Adventure Tokens (this amount may change in future). These tokens will unlock one of the exclusive Daily Adventures through a dedicated menu screen.

2ujhqc9mzubf.png

In our initial rollout, winning Daily Adventures will gain you new resources which you can combine to produce new items. These items, in turn, can be combined to produce specialized Battle, Trade, or Intrigue Mark of R'hllor seals. Players who gather all three types of seals will be able to combine them to produce a new, powerful Mark of R'hllor seal.

The resources, craftable items, and seals for the initial release of Daily Adventures looks like this:

9spocsnu9kuo.png

For more details, please visit our Daily Adventure FAQ thread: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/discussion/5351/new-daily-adventures-faqs.

We hope you enjoy this new feature and look forward to your feedback moving forward. Enjoy!

Comments

• Will this work in the iOS app?
  • edited May 11
    So we have to buy 3 crappy seals to make one seal that is slightly better. Wow how disappointing. AvA favors % not base stats. The final product isn't worth more than 20 gold, yet will probably cost around 45g each.
  • asmall26asmall26 ✭✭
    Dutcher, do you ever take a non-negative approach about ANYTHING?
    A total of 12 different items at this point - none of which will have affixes. If that many are going to affect you then you should have been clearing up your inventory ages ago.
    A tiny amount of server space being used up.
    Yes, many players have full speed but I doubt it is most.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Yeah this is something......I checked out the FAQ thread before this one and it wasn’t answered there, will the person need to buy 3 mark of r’hllor seals in order to craft the three specialized ones, in order to craft the empowered mark of rhollar? Because that’s just plain stupid considering the increase.
    And also very important why does the 3 specialized mark of r’hllor “seals” have seal slots and show as permanent?
  • yitaminyitamin ✭✭
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the seal slots on and permanency of the intermediate seals is due to them just being a mock up done in photoshop and not actually captured from the game itself. But good eye, I've seen those a few times now and it didn't register on me once that they were different. I just looked at the numbers. :blush:
  • I take the input of 3 Mark Rhyllor Seals to evolve them to 2 points higher stats in battle et al as final. And not attractive for the player. I see the seal slots on the seal as the attractive part of the whole case if it is not a bug. That`s always a possibility at DB and would be a break of the scheme. Especially considering the Empowered version which shows no seal slots. So i can only honour DB`s intention to give the player something new for keeping them interested.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Seals on top of seals would just be too much.......unless a huge **tsk tsk** price cut for seals comes with it.

yitamin wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the seal slots on and permanency of the intermediate seals is due to them just being a mock up done in photoshop and not actually captured from the game itself. But good eye, I've seen those a few times now and it didn't register on me once that they were different. I just looked at the numbers. :blush:
    Yeah sure that’s it, I know they’re lazy and always screwing up images. Just wanted to get some confirmation on that screw up to make sure (after all they could have just photoshopped a seal to the new one, rather than appearently photoshop an item into a seal).
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    edited May 12
    @asmall26 I would be happy to take a non-negative approach if DB ever comes up with a non-negative idea :)

There is so much in this game to fix or to improve, all of which has been asked for multiple times yet DB prefers to completely ignore that and instead they come up with this? Sorry but it's really hard to stay positive and share my enthusiasm and love under these repeated circumstances. Just a suggestion DB, stop trying to re-invent another (broken) wheel and just follow the advice from the players that has already been handed to you 1000x on a silver platter:
    - ehem... first but not least.....House Arryn (or any 9th house with steal fealty)
    - AvA tournament hand weapons based on 100% strong and 100% rich tokens (clever tokens are still unbalanced, required 3x more than the others with current weapons).
    - 2 more Trade based Tales (still unbalanced, 2 tales short compared to battle & intrigue actions)
    - Where is my new Ice Dragon??? Or is the next upgrade just going to be called "Huuuuge Dragon"?
    - Black Gem crafting from the thousands of useless blue and red gems.
    - If you must get creative with new items to keep us 'interested', please use the dozens of already existing common, uncommon and rare useless materials & weapons that do nothing other than eat server space. Why create even more new useless ones to craft new even more useless seals? It just doesn't make any sense.
    - PtP Party max 15 ss
    - Alliance Management Tools (+fix / improve broken member list)
    - Fixes (numerous, oa): AvA results pending, need for refreshing the game every 5 minutes, broken achievements, ban legacy scripted accounts, reward issuing from AvA & Tales (either crashes, no rewards or given up to 4x!), broken & crashing app, multiple discrepancies between IoS, Web & Android (ava garrisoning/sending & multiple crafting), player search by character name, not "ID#", get rid of shop pop up offers (they crash the game and players can already see the shop on their main screen), broken 'animations', get rid of them (no one is fooled by these fake 'videos'), bring back SS death (or at least make it a little more expensive to revive them).....etc etc.
    Ok maybe I'm going a little nuts here but this is just a few of many if not hundreds of great player ideas. Take advantage of them please... it's eh... free. And they are probably a little better than whatever your employees are currently smoking.
    Arya Serious? If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    4x rewards, ha huh seems swiper has been swipping.
  • asmall26 wrote: »
    Dutcher, do you ever take a non-negative approach about ANYTHING?
    A total of 12 different items at this point - none of which will have affixes. If that many are going to affect you then you should have been clearing up your inventory ages ago.
    A tiny amount of server space being used up.
    Yes, many players have full speed but I doubt it is most.

We will need 3 MoR seals (54 gold at least, as they only are sold in gamble packs, almost never on rotation) to craft 1 seal.
    After farm mats, we will transform these 54 gold and 3 seals with 12-12-12 and 3% into 1 seal with 7-7-7 and 2%. 324 gold at least for one 6pack, against 90-108 gold from actual seals.
    Dont sounds reasonable for me and for most part of people that talk about this.
    Would be more fair if we have seal of 7, not Mark of Rhllor, as base seal.
    Just facts, not a negative approach... Im going to pass this one...
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    You can also get the seals from offers, and I think it was a QM item awhile back (as I have one that I never bought)....so maybe they put it as a QM thing, the exchange rate is ridiculous (you trade 3 1% speed for 1 2% speed that’s a good exchange, but a little 2 point increase in each of the base stats is stingy........an of course if we can’t gain them without buying them directly for gold or buying offers that include them it’s just a catastrophic failure).
  • You get the seals by doing the adventures, so they don't cost gold I don't think. I for one will be happy for them, as I am only at about 35% increase in my attack speed. I was saving up 150 gold to be spent on the next sale for trade gear, but this new feature will preclude my having to do that.
  • You get the seals by doing the adventures, so they don't cost gold I don't think. I for one will be happy for them, as I am only at about 35% increase in my attack speed. I was saving up 150 gold to be spent on the next sale for trade gear, but this new feature will preclude my having to do that.
    Nope. You can get firemilk, Hrakkar Blood, Far-Eye, Devilgrass and Poisoned Locusts only, doing adventures, not the original MoR seal, according blog post...
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited May 13
    You get the seals by doing the adventures, so they don't cost gold I don't think. I for one will be happy for them, as I am only at about 35% increase in my attack speed. I was saving up 150 gold to be spent on the next sale for trade gear, but this new feature will preclude my having to do that.
    No you get the non seal resources. the 1st diagram makes it clear the mark of r’hllor won’t be a drop from the new adventures or one of the new crafts, brimaester also pointed out in the new daily adventures faqs that the original mark of r’hllor seal won’t be crafted and would need to be purchased for gold or gotten from offers (real money purchases).
    Still here’s to hoping they either revise it in one way or another that makes it logical, or they just dump it and come with something else (could always go ahead and use those new adventures for a world event return :* :) ;) .........or tie it into ava I suppose :| ).

P.S speaking of world events, I screwed up with the 1st one and never got around to upgrading my ship (hadn’t realized when the craft would end).........soooooooooo if db really wants to be nice they should go ahead and throw those old w.e crafts my way (might only be for my benefit but I’d apreeciate it o:) ).
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    edited May 13
    That's actually the worst part of this whole deal. I get that they want to design something so the players make more purchases but the seals are not even a fixture in the shop. If you want to buy them... well, you can't until they come available from time to time which is hardly ever.
    Of course, as mentioned earlier it still wouldn't be worth the effort or the gold or the $ because all you would be doing is spending too much to maybe open up an extra MC seal slot (combining 2 speed seals into one and then what, add a joffrey seal to MC? :p ). I guess I'm just complaining about nothing. That's exactly what this whole thing is... a bunch of nothing.

The only thing I remotely like is the character XP but it looks like the max will be <1k / day and that's also just close to .... nothing.
  • You are right, I was mistaken. The way they word it is kind of misleading, and it doesn't make sense why you would want to win a 'prize' that requires you to spend massive sums of gold for an item that is, at best, slightly worse than what you could buy in the shop. I guess I will spend my saved up gold on the next Trade sale after all.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    I think the xp shown in the picture is regular sworn sword xp.
    What do you think would be a good number for the character xp adventure @Dutcher ? Each adventure cost one token and 1 level up per adventure? Im thinking that’s a good way to go, but I’d settle for 50% of the level bar per adventure.
  • Lotto wrote: »
    Will this work in the iOS app?

Initially, Daily Adventures will be released to web, shortly followed by releases to iOS and Android.
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    @NN Good question. It would have to be worth my time. Sending 5x1 ss isn't going to do much probably, no matter how much XP they give. Or can you send the whole party to these island destinations? If so, a couple hundred XP per ss will do, or even the 'normal' 50 ish XP per ss. That might make me want to press those buttons daily.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Nah no parties allowed, I taught we were talking about the character xp (which I’m assuming would show as a reward of the adventure and thus in the treasure chest, rather than in the regular ss xp gain location). The ss xp gain seems to be ok, it’s nothing special, and depending on how long the daily adventures it might well be total crap.....but I think ss exp was just tacked on, these are all suppose to be about what’s in the treasure chest.
  • GuderianGuderian ✭✭
    Yeah, sorry, I won't be buying three top-priced seals to get one slightly better seal. Even if the stats were slightly better, still not worth it economically. Plus I don't see myself ever going back to sending solo adventures every day. There's way too much lag without using the AP, and even 5/day is too much additional, mindless clicking for me. And the one thing this game did not need is more mindless clicking.

By my estimate, that comes to a minimum of 9 or 10 clicks per SS, so about 50 extra clicks per day, assuming you win every adventure and never have to redo any, and assuming you are using the same 5 swords on those adventures and they all happen to be conveniently located on the same page in your keep, and assuming you're not using any boons. So in reality, it's probably closer to 100 extra clicks per day. Not counting clicks for wasting more gold on the base seals and clicks for crafting these new seals, and clicks for scrolling down longer recipe lists (hopefully they'll be at the bottom of the buildings' item lists so it won't affect people not interested in this feature).

Basically, I am of the philosophy that, when considering improvements / new features to a game, one of the first questions to be asked should be:
    "Does this make it MORE or LESS of a clickfest?"
    It's very apparent DB's starting question is virtually always:
    "Will this allow us to squeeze a little more money out of some of our players?"
  • edited May 15
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    edited May 15
    +1 Guderian. I don't have a problem with DB wanting to squeeze little more money out of the players. It's a business and that's all part of staying alive. What I do have a major issue with though is a total lack of thought, a total disregard for player feedback and a very bad business plan. As you mention, this whole thing will indeed probably fail to add much additional revenue while only creating more inventory bloat, extra lag, many more clicks and more pissed off players.

@NN , yeah I'm talking about character XP as well, just assumed that was the XP stated at top, not in chest but you're probably right. Would have to be a lot of MC XP then, if no party. Half the level bar depends on each player's level so that won't work. Gimme 5k in the chest and I'll click it though :)
    Adding 2-3 levels a day if you win em all. Otherwise not worth it.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Dutcher wrote: »
    Half the level bar depends on each player's level so that won't work. Gimme 5k in the chest and I'll click it though :).
    I thought building upgrades added a specific % of the level bar no matter a persons level is, but I’m guessing it only did that/seemed that way before.
    I’d agree that a flat xp would be fairer since a percentage increase wouldn’t be as beneficial to lower level players. Not sure how much xp it takes to say go from level 2500 to level 2501 so I was just thinking of an easy way to ensure everyone got a decent amount of xp in correlation to their level, I suppose the percentage method also also db to prevent this from causing too fast a leveling at lower levels (though of course there’s the bq method).
  • Darren C BirdDarren C Bird ✭✭✭
    Brimaester wrote: »
    Note: This post was updated May 15th with a change to the release date, now May 23rd for web, and May 24th for mobile.

Greetings Bannermen,

Beginning May 23rd on web, we will be proud to offer all players level 5 and above an innovative way to enjoy Game of Thrones Ascent: Daily Adventures. Every day, you will be granted 5 Daily Adventure Tokens that you can use to access exclusive new Adventures. By winning these Adventures, you will be able to gain a variety of rewards, from craftable resources to Sworn Sword/Character XP, silver, and higher-tier crafting items.

Daily Adventures will be available across all mobile platforms May 24th.

How It Works

Every day at midnight UTC, you will automatically receive 5 Daily Adventure Tokens (this amount may change in future). These tokens will unlock one of the exclusive Daily Adventures through a dedicated menu screen.

2ujhqc9mzubf.png

In our initial rollout, winning Daily Adventures will gain you new resources which you can combine to produce new items. These items, in turn, can be combined to produce specialized Battle, Trade, or Intrigue Mark of R'hllor seals. Players who gather all three types of seals will be able to combine them to produce a new, powerful Mark of R'hllor seal.

The resources, craftable items, and seals for the initial release of Daily Adventures looks like this:

9spocsnu9kuo.png

For more details, please visit our Daily Adventure FAQ thread: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/gota/discussion/5351/new-daily-adventures-faqs.

We hope you enjoy this new feature and look forward to your feedback moving forward. Enjoy!

DB,, it might be an idea.. too speak to loyal players ..what items do you need... or want.. THIS isn't one of them... its waste of time... you have bottlenecked the rhollor temple as it is.. total waste of your time making this white elephant... bit like World events... here is an idea... fix the stuff you have.. sort out equipping ss.. inventory bloats.. make the game playable... it doesn't need this pointless luxury!! A comment from DB would be nice...?????
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    What??????? W.E total waste of time white elephant, I must respectfully disagree.
    WE were like watching paint dry.... LOL
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Well as someone whose more into adventure and multiplayer shooter games everything in this game is pretty boring, but w.e was a nice community event, where as the likes of tales is a tedious, annoying, extremely slow and laggy for no reason individual event.....and let’s not even get into ava that has be revised like 10 times and is still incapable of drawing in a great many of the player base (as engaging as pounding on each other can be, they just can’t seem to create a version that flows smoothly, feels rewarding, and actually make you feel like your doing something).

P.S it’s not like I had no issues with w.e........I have issues with everything >:) >:) , but hey why can’t we have an individual event, an alliance event, and a community event.
    edited May 16
    there are lots of players that have played for 5 years... yep I'm one of them.. there are many many people DB should speak too... what would make this game better... if they were only to ask.. out of lots of ideas..one might spring up... ava Is ok..tales are ok.. but both these SHOULD be amazing a selling point for new players... but DB don't communicate with people.. :(