Shan's PSA: I will be unavailable from 08/16 until 08/27 included.

•• Community Guidelines summary: be cordial, take the time to rethink what you are about to post. ••

For an issue in game please submit a ticket to support and, if you feel it is needed, post in the relevant bug category (Engineering Room for STT - Live Bugs for GOTA) Thank you, and see you soon! ˜Shan

The most annoying thing in Tales

RobaiRobai ✭✭
edited June 24 in Ear of the King
Stop changing SS order randomly!
It's so annoying.

When I choose five SS in specific order that order should stay for the whole Tale.

Comments

• TiamatTiamat ✭✭
    +1

Also they got to have a better sorting system in the "Your Sworn Sword" tab, like in the AvA, by specialization.
  • RobaiRobai ✭✭
    edited June 24
    Also it would be nice if they make some Tales group, where you add SS to that group and those SS are removed from the big list, so that they won't appear in any other list (that is, can't be selected for AvA, BQ, AC, Adventures, etc.).
    When selecting SS for Tales you can select SS from Tales group only.
    Of course, you can can move SS from Tales group back to general list any time you want (unless those SS are in Tales atm).

The same idea would be for Adventures group.
    For example, I'd like to move all SS that are lower than lvl 127 to Adventures group (during AvA I'd move some of them to AvA group).

And AvA group would be nice too.
    For AvA also subgroups (or just several groups) would be nice too (let's call them SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4).
    When sending attacks in AvA you should be able to select also SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4. This would be a quick way to select 32 SS. For example, when I want to send only 32 spies, not all 100 spies (I don't now a quick way to do that).
    That should work also when changing regions, that is, you can select SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4 when adding SS to camps too. You should be able to remove one group too (currently I don't know how to remove just a selected group, because "remove all" removes all SS from that camp, not just selected type of SS).

Moving SS to groups would reduce some lag IMO.
  • RobaiRobai ✭✭
    edited June 24
    In Options menu add this:
    - if SS is in Tales group then he can see and equip only Peerless items
    (in Tales non peerless items is for beginners only anyway, but by default this option can be unchecked)
    (this would save so much time for me, so this option would be so awesome since I want a quick way to equip items for Tales SS, I don't want to see any non peerless item on the list for this)
  • TiamatTiamat ✭✭
    Excelent ideas, @Robai.

Does DB team read this forum? If yes, they could save so much time from deciding what to do just taking ideas from the current not-so-big player base.
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Yes, DB reads this forum. But generally only for fixing player emergencies and not for the purpose of picking up good ideas or granting player wishes. Over the years I've seen maybe a small handful of player input grabbed and used, out of thousands of suggestions. Using a counter strategy may work better or the "Brer Rabbit approach":
    Please please DB, don't create any more alliance management tools, nor house Arryn or SS keep sorting & selection menu's and we really don't need any more bug fixes either, thanks!
    Arya Serious? If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    There are some things to do that can help you keep track of which SS go with which Tales... for example, I try to remember the SS names for each of my teams. This is My Azor Ahai team:

lkj0k0ftcmyl.png
    Colossal Dragons: Apophis, Nanabozho
    Adolescent Dragons: Kutkh, Samartitxiki, Veles, Wisakedjak
    Young Dragons: Sun Wukong, Ti Malice
    Baby: Anansi, Azeban, Exu, Guidgen, Huehuecoyotl, Itomi, Juha, Lilith, Loki, Maui, Mendacius, Seokga, Susanoo, Wahn, Yun Harla
  • Robai wrote: »
    Also it would be nice if they make some Tales group, where you add SS to that group and those SS are removed from the big list, so that they won't appear in any other list (that is, can't be selected for AvA, BQ, AC, Adventures, etc.).
    When selecting SS for Tales you can select SS from Tales group only.
    Of course, you can can move SS from Tales group back to general list any time you want (unless those SS are in Tales atm).

The same idea would be for Adventures group.
    For example, I'd like to move all SS that are lower than lvl 127 to Adventures group (during AvA I'd move some of them to AvA group).

And AvA group would be nice too.
    For AvA also subgroups (or just several groups) would be nice too (let's call them SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4).
    When sending attacks in AvA you should be able to select also SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4. This would be a quick way to select 32 SS. For example, when I want to send only 32 spies, not all 100 spies (I don't now a quick way to do that).
    That should work also when changing regions, that is, you can select SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4 when adding SS to camps too. You should be able to remove one group too (currently I don't know how to remove just a selected group, because "remove all" removes all SS from that camp, not just selected type of SS).

Moving SS to groups would reduce some lag IMO.
    this is very good information.

• yitaminyitamin ✭✭
    edited July 20
    I'm pretty sure that the order isn't random, it does what most of the rest of the game does. Any special order you see when you create a list lasts only as long as that sessions lasts, then the next time you load it, you get "inventory" order from then on. I can see how it might be irritating if you really like things in a different order but I've long since made my peace with the game's preferred order. At least it does something predictable if not preferred. Random really would **tsk tsk**.
  • RobaiRobai ✭✭
    yitamin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that the order isn't random, it does what most of the rest of the game does. Any special order you see when you create a list lasts only as long as that sessions lasts, then the next time you load it, you get "inventory" order from then on. I can see how it might be irritating if you really like things in a different order but I've long since made my peace with the game's preferred order. At least it does something predictable if not preferred. Random really would **Chech'tluth**.

Of course it's not technically random since even random generator gives numbers by the exact algorithm (100% predictable when you know the algorithm and the seed).
    By random I've meant that the order changes (it doesn't matter if it's actually random or predictable change). The thing is that it shouldn't change. Morevover, we should be able to control the order.
  • I believe the order only changes when you log out (or the game crashes/freezes). So try and finish a tale in one go if you can.
  • Yeah, that's when it happens.
    Add me as a friend.

My player ID: 159443