July Daughter of the North Tale

Hello,

I am a newer player and I am looking ahead to the July tale. The tale is split 50-50 with Trade and Intrigue. So if I use 2 Trade SS and 2 Intrigue SS, what should my 5th SS be? I am going to reincarnate before the next tale and my current SS vary from 15th to about 19th level.

Cheers!

Lord Dragonfury

Comments

• I have Peerless SS for Battle, Trade, and Intrigue. Leveling them up as I grab all the fealty buildings.
  • TiamatTiamat ✭✭
    You could buy any SS (of course peerless is better) and train his status in both, trade and intrigue. I have at least one B/T, T/I and B/I for every tale, trained only in the status.
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    I use a fifth wheel SS for all my Tales. While having three gives you an extra 50ish points, the convenience of only one SS that is always on Tales duty supersedes that.

rxltmv95s6gl.png
    Colossal Dragons: Apophis, Nanabozho
    Adolescent Dragons: Kutkh, Samartitxiki, Sun Wukong, Ti Malice, Veles, Wisakedjak
    Baby: Anansi, Azeban, Exu, Guidgen, Huehuecoyotl, Itomi, Juha, Lilith, Loki, Maui, Mendacius, Seokga, Susanoo, Wahn, Yun Harla
  • LuthyenLuthyen
    edited July 1
    It depends on your inventory also. Example if I have a large assortment of trade gear but my Intrigue gear is limited. In that case I would not make my dual trained SS 50/50 Trade/Intrigue. Instead I would find the balance the SS will need to give equal help in both categories . Maybe a 70/30 for me.
  • SarevokSarevok ✭✭
    Not happy at all... Attempt 1 in Great Hall for a peerless item using +5 black gem = fail 7 Luck
    Attempt 2 in Great Hall for a peerless item using +5 black gem = fail 14 luck
    Attempt 3 in Great Hall for a peerless item using +5 black gem = fail 21 luck
    Attempt 4 in Great Hall for a peerless item using +18 blue gem = fail 22 luck (red comet ran out)
    Attempt 5 in Great Hall for a peerless item using +5 black gem = fail 27 luck.
    Tale ends. next time daughter in the north runs I better get a peerless 1st attempt!
    Worst luck to date in great hall. I got 2X Rangers armour's, A ranger, and a cart companion all with 5 attempts, using +5 blacks. 2 peerless seals both 1st attempt. must be to balance my previous luck?
  • Sarevok wrote: »
    Not happy at all... Attempt 1 in Great Hall for a peerless item using +5 black gem = fail 7 Luck
    Attempt 4 in Great Hall for a peerless item using +18 blue gem = fail 22 luck (red comet ran out)
    Tale ends. next time daughter in the north runs I better get a peerless 1st attempt!
    Worst luck to date in great hall. I got 2X Rangers armour's, A ranger, and a cart companion all with 5 attempts, using +5 blacks. 2 peerless seals both 1st attempt. must be to balance my previous luck?

So you're whinging that you got ridiculously good luck previously and now you got a bit of bad luck??

You do know that DB don't actually reprogram the game specifically for you to balance your luck right? Sometimes you get good luck, sometimes bad luck. In the last tale I had the first 13 rounds as trade. 13 in a row! Sounds virtually impossible right? Well, it happens about 1 in 4,000 times...
  • SarevokSarevok ✭✭
    Sarevok wrote: »

So you're whinging that you got ridiculously good luck previously and now you got a bit of bad luck??

You do know that DB don't actually reprogram the game specifically for you to balance your luck right? Sometimes you get good luck, sometimes bad luck. In the last tale I had the first 13 rounds as trade. 13 in a row! Sounds virtually impossible right? Well, it happens about 1 in 4,000 times...

yes I like to complain about DB. got a titans ship last night from the qm so that's ok :)
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Well, it happens about 1 in 4,000 times...
    when are we going to agree statistical probabilty doesnt really mean jack squat :# :# :# :# :# unless it happens in a computer program thats programmed to adhere to it?
    really though 1 in 4000, ok and whats the provabilty that of all the players you would be the one that 1 in 4000 event happened to at that exact moment? the rabit whole is deep and only ever makes sense in reality when we want to believe it does :* :* .
    all that said is meant to bring me to one point......its a game, I'm not 4000 people so I'd certainly rage over such bs....well guess your just a better less tantrum throwing man than myself.

• NNNN ✭✭✭
    yes I like to complain about DB. got a titans ship last night from the qm so that's ok :)
    may you forever be cursed and lose 90% of your tales runs. why???? for I am bored, and now I am jealous because I still can't get that stupid ship.

• Guess you'll double curse me, then.

Because I have two of those ships.
    Add me as a friend.

My player ID: 159443
  • NN wrote: »
    Well, it happens about 1 in 4,000 times...
    when are we going to agree statistical probabilty doesnt really mean jack squat :# :# :# :# :# unless it happens in a computer program thats programmed to adhere to it?
    really though 1 in 4000, ok and whats the provabilty that of all the players you would be the one that 1 in 4000 event happened to at that exact moment? the rabit whole is deep and only ever makes sense in reality when we want to believe it does :* :* .
    all that said is meant to bring me to one point......its a game, I'm not 4000 people so I'd certainly rage over such bs....well guess your just a better less tantrum throwing man than myself.

Ummmm...it IS programmed in a computer program to adhere to statistical probability. You really think that there are people just screwing around with things to mess with you? Sure...they hire staff that think "Oh, NN just evolved a dragon on his 2nd attempt, so let's mess with him and make sure he gets bad luck with tales this time"...

The chance that you would be the 1 in 4,000 people? It's about 1 in 4,000...

Considering EVERY time you start a tale, there is that 1 in 4,000 chance, it's actually pretty common. If 10,000 people play tales and each ran an average of 100 tales, then that would happen 250 times at some point during that tale. On average to 1 in 40 people each tale, although of course it could happen to the same person twice. To make it even clearer, I do probably attempt 100 tales each time and I've probably done 40 of them, so statistically you could say that I was due that happening. Of course, that doesn't take into consideration the times that I failed before I even got to the 13th attempt...

If you don't understand statistics, then fair enough. But pointless to rage when 1 of a thousand possible bad things happens to you in a game based on probability.

I'm guessing you don't play the lottery as clearly the chances of winning that are zero in your mind if 1 in 4,000 seems like zero too...
  • SarevokSarevok ✭✭
    NN wrote: »
    may you forever be cursed and lose 90% of your tales runs. why???? for I am bored, and now I am jealous because I still can't get that stupid ship.

i have 3 :) 2 book of the brother, only 1 tyrions surcoat, about 6 5 eggs in over 2 years of gameplay
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited July 23
    @Stinksofsquid never did I in this thread say I believe db has someone watching my actions and messing with things to counter any good luck I get, and even if I have said sonething along those lines before (maybe in one of the threads about rolls) never have I said it in an absolutely serious manner.....so yes I say some bs when I'm kind of ticked off with my roles, but I think its quite easy to tell when i'm saying that and when i'm making a serious argument (in part because my arguments tend to end up being long as hell, version the one sentence add on a throw in that kind as serves to point out how feed up amd ticked off i am about something).

p.s counter measures are a thing in computer programming amd life as a whole, as well as most companies being greedy bastards that will screw pver their customers/players amy which way they can if they believe they can get away with it amd there's profit to be made....and yes im serious about that. though wether db is like that with rolls or not isnt something I know nor truely believe.

edit: you also clearly missed my point that since it is a computer programmed it can be programmed any which way, and it being programmed in a way that has single players experience such low **tsk tsk** negative odds is aggravting.

@Sarevok @Lord Holyblade I hate both you bastards, may the night king turn you both into white walkers. (edit: night king not knight king)
  • SarevokSarevok ✭✭
    yes you are most probably right. I have found that when I have spent gold at the shops, opening seal slots, locked talents etc that I am far more likely to get a good item from the QM than if I haven't spent any gold. I saved up 49 gold for my first shop item, the flaming sword which I evolved, and picked a dragon egg that same day. when I saved up 53? for another egg I picked another egg. Then went months without anything of note. I think I got the ship because I bought a random tale pack for daughter in the north?
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    ah so you have figured out the secret
  • You’re both nuts. What you’ve said makes no sense.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    go down the rabbit whole, enter the matrix, open your 3rd eye...............only then shall you realize the truth, only then shall you be able to see the sense of that which you now think makes no sense.
  • SarevokSarevok ✭✭
    NN speaks the truth! to get given peerless gear, rank under 500 in tales, or rank 1,2 or 3 multiple times in ava... your cheating or buy in game gold, or save the peanuts DB hand us and when you buy something they occasionally tempt you too get more gold... eg giving me an egg, ofc I wanted a dragon! lucky Im patient. others are not, and would buy materials in packs to grow the winged lizard ASAP! or even when I pull book of brothers, I was torn, use 2 seals I got from the QM, being the aegon seals, or buy +1% ss xp seals, even though I used aegon's, I still long for it too be full! 2 is not enough! but self control is the key. and how can allainces compete with loaders and bots that auto attack in waves each 27 mins, 24/4. impossible. only competition is other cheaters.
  • SarevokSarevok ✭✭
    bought time for new weapon/armour/ companion from QM anyway.. why not ramsay boltons jacket or a heartsbane? more upgradeable companions needed. one suggested evolveable direwolf, good idea. or each house has its own personal royal guard/ commander. eg baratheon standard bearer 40/0/0 +6 fight attack/def +4 aid attack/def +3% faster battle attacks on quest/adventure
  • So basically you're complaining that you don't get enough good free stuff from the QM and you're complaining that when you do get good free stuff from the QM because you are then tempted to unlock seal slots or buy items to evolve/improve it?

I got top 50 in tales last time. Been participating since the very start, crafting gear, improving items with seals and honing tactics WITHOUT spending $$$. You're right, if you're outside top 500 now, then you cannot catch me without spending $$$, but I earned my right to be in top 50 because I worked at it from the start.

Top 3 in AvA? My alliance has been in 3rd twice and we do not cheat. Some have bought in-game gold, but that doesn't help as much with AvA. Other than illegal methods, what helps with AvA is lots of time and an alliance with good tactics and teamwork.

Most of the so called "loaders and bots" you refer to are actually real people who are so passionate about the game that they set timers to ensure that they send out waves every 27 mins. There are some who cheat, but many who just play an intense game. And the latter DESERVE to win more.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    nah 24/4 no way.

p.s the suposed record for longest time without sleep is supposedly just over 11 days..........yeah right.

• When you have a log of a player sending out waves every 27/28/29 minutes for 4 days without any breaks, please report that. 99% it's either bots or account sharing. Otherwise, you're complaining about nothing.

Some of these players WILL send waves every 27/28/29 minutes for 18 hours a day for the entirety of AvA. And those kinds of players are drawn to the same alliances.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    that or the scripters want you to think that way :D :D :D :D :D :D .
    no really though you dont here me complaining about it (atleast not at the moment), I simply pointed out the fact that he specified every 27 mins 24/4, and also we know there are scripters (and I'd argue that most of the so called dedicated players are indeed scripters/bot users) so idk why you went at him so hard on that point as if the scripters aren't out there scripting away or there's a bunch of people playing 24/4.

p.s yes im aware he's likely over exaggeration (though some scripters are that foolish), but he said "loaders and scriters" "waves each 27 mins" "24/4" so thats the measuring stick im going by.