Disruptor Beam Forum Skins

While not available yet (there is still some serious issues with actually being able to read posts) this is what I've been working on all day. As I mentioned earlier in the day I've never made a skin before so it may take a bit.

It's used through Stylish which is an add-on/extension available for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Baidu (not quite sure what that is).

The only thing that has been changed is the colours. Anything you see now as light will be changed to dark. So if there are any admin that would like to point me to the css that can help in getting the text boxes and the posts altered (or anyone else) I'd be more than grateful!
Proud member and Officer of Frozen Fire and Steel
"I am the Sword in the Darkness..."
Currently recruiting for AvA

Comments

• I hope you can get it working - it looks better - the white colour scheme also hurts my eyes as well.
    Thank you for doing this!
    Lady Sansa of House Blacktyde, First of her Name, Keeper of the Spreadsheets, Mistress of Spies, Mother of Dragons, Cats and Small Children, Breaker of Plates and Purveyor of Political Plop.
    Interim Leader of Phoenix Ascending.
    Dragons - one Adolescent (Samphierion), one Adolescent Tan(Dancarys) and a Young Green(Bob).
  • Disruptor Beam Dark

It's still a work in progress but its where reading and posting and the main page is easier on the eyes.
  • Just commenting so that it notifies me when you do make it :)
    Thank you for putting in the effort!! :)
    "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone"

Audrey Tallhart C

10 Stark, 2 Lannister, 18 Greyjoy, 12 Baratheon, 2 Targaryen,10 Martell, 34 Tyrell, 10 Tully, 1 Adventure Party

1 adolescent, 1 red adolescent, 1 young, 1 tan baby
  • ZizzyCro wrote: »
    Just commenting so that it notifies me when you do make it :)
    Thank you for putting in the effort!! :)

+1
    Stark 3 Lannister 3 Greyjoy 5 Baratheon 2 Targaryen 2 Martell 6 Tyrell 1 Tully 2 Arryn?!0
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭
    Thanks for the effort, something needed to be done, and you delivered.
  • You're very welcome. If anyone finds something I've missed please let me know. I am still working on it and will post here when I've updated it.
  • Just wondering, any luck with it? :)
    "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone"

Audrey Tallhart C

10 Stark, 2 Lannister, 18 Greyjoy, 12 Baratheon, 2 Targaryen,10 Martell, 34 Tyrell, 10 Tully, 1 Adventure Party

• ZizzyCro wrote: »
    Just wondering, any luck with it? :)

I've been swamped by work, but I'll get back to this today.
  • So my biggest issue right now is getting rid of the white above where it shows the Starfleet Debriefing in screen cap 1 up above. If I can find the code that will darken that I'm sure it will take care of the white that is showing on the other pages as well. So that's what I'm currently working on. There's just A LOT of code to scan through and the Bootstrap CSS that is used for the forums put it into one giant block of code instead of having it neat and orderly. I may have to reach out for some help but I promise I'm not giving up.
  • Thank you <3

Audrey Tallhart C

• Hi, Thank you for the effort on this! By the way is this a pbproboard base?
  • Hi, Thank you for the effort on this! By the way is this a pbproboard base?

I honestly don't know what the base code is but any help is appreciated.
  • Okay so here's an update on what I have.
    Main page: I've tried going through the code looking for what it takes to get rid of the white frame but have yet to succeed in finding it. I honestly don't think it looks that bad.
    raa8r46j3hqy.jpg

Catagories: Here is the page that is causing most of the issue. I know the code that causes the date, time, author, comments, etc to go dark but it still leaves a white outline around the entry. When you have multiple discussions it gets annoying and also changes colours of the time once you click into a category.
    id9fa8chd6yd.jpg

Comment sections:
    zolaf14zxdm1.jpg

Reply box:
    xid7tqq8esbx.jpg

New Discussion page:
    wqanvhgxgvf2.jpg

I'm going to see if I can reach out to a mod or admin to see if they can help with the white issues, and I will also reach out to the help forum at Stylish.
  • Stylish has updated so I'm going back through and making sure what I've done still works.