Shan's PSA: I will be unavailable from 08/16 until 08/27 included.

•• Community Guidelines summary: be cordial, take the time to rethink what you are about to post. ••

For an issue in game please submit a ticket to support and, if you feel it is needed, post in the relevant bug category (Engineering Room for STT - Live Bugs for GOTA) Thank you, and see you soon! ˜Shan

GoTA Events Calendar (Updated June 14)

edited August 13 in Citadel

GoTA Events Calendar
Note: Web builds are released every Wed between 6:30-7:30am ET (10:30-11:30 UTC), unless otherwise specified.

July

Wed, July 4: No Scheduled Build
Fri, July 6: Breaker AvA Phase begins
Tues, July 10: Breaker AvA Phase ends
Wed, July 11: Bonus Weeks: Crafting Luck Increase & Timer Reduction ends (with the new build)
Fri, July 13: A Daughter of the North Tale begins
Tues, July 17: A Daughter of the North Tale ends
Wed, July 18: Enduring Legacy Quest Ch14 "The Final Trial" released
Wed, July 18: Quartermaster Update
Wed, July 18: Seal Peel, SS & Seal Slot Bonus Week begins
Wed, July 18: RI Week begins
Wed, July 25: RI Week, Seal Peel, SS & Seal Slot Bonus ends (with the new build)
Fri, July 27: Outcast AvA Phase begins
Tues, July 31: Outcast AvA Phase ends

August

Fri, August 3: The Free Folk Tale begins
Tue, August 7: The Free Folk Tale ends
Wed, August 8: Enduring Legacy Quest Ch15 "Fateful Dreams" released
Wed, August 8: Sworn Sword Experience (Adventures Only) Bonus Week begins
Wed, August 15: Sworn Sword Experience (Adventures Only) Bonus Week ends (with the new build)
Wed, August 15: Quartermaster Update
Fri, August 17: AvA (Regular) Wildfire Phase begins
Tues, August 21: AvA (Regular) Wildfire Phase ends
Fri, August 24: The Dragon Queen Tale begins
Tue, August 28: The Dragon Queen Tale ends
Wed, August 29: Enduring Legacy Quest Ch16 "Woman of Winter" released
Wed, August 29: Increased Drop Rate Bonus Week begins (more details later)

September

Wed, September 5: Increased Drop Rate Bonus Week ends (with the new build)
Fri, Sept 7: Hand AvA Phase begins
Tues, Sept 11: Hand AvA Phase ends
Wed, Sept 12: Quartermaster Update
Fri, Sept 14: Slaver's Bay Tale begins
Tue, Sept 18: Slaver's Bay Tale ends
Wed, Sept 19: Enduring Legacy Quest Ch17 "Return to the Cold" released
Wed, Sept 19: PtP Doubled Experience Bonus Week begins
Wed, Sept 26: PtP Doubled Experience Bonus Week ends (with the new build)
Fri, Sept 28: Raider AvA Phase begins
Tues, Oct 2: Raider AvA Phase ends

October

Fri, Oct 5: Arya and the Hound Tale begins
Tue, Oct 9: Arya and the Hound Tale ends
Wed, Oct 10: Enduring Legacy Quest Ch 18 "Bounty of the Land" released
Wed, Oct 10: Adventure Week (25% Reduction) Bonus begins (with the new build)
Wed, Oct 17: Adventure Week (25% Reduction) Bonus ends (with the new build)
Wed, Oct 17: Quartermaster Update
Fri, Oct 19: Alchemist AvA Phase begins
Tue, Oct 23: Alchemist AvA Phase ends
Fri, Oct 26: Breaker of Chains Tale Begins
Tue, Oct 30: Breaker of Chains Tale ends
Wed, Oct 31: Enduring Legacy Quest Ch 19 "What the Forest Hides" released

Comments

• Just curious, is the Adventure Week actually an Adventure Month or has there been a mistake in dates?
    "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone"

Audrey Tallhart CLIII

26 Stark, 2 Lannister, 18 Greyjoy, 17 Baratheon, 18 Targaryen,18 Martell, 34 Tyrell, 18 Tully, 1 Adventure Party

1 adolescent, 1 red adolescent, 2 young, 1 tan young
  • ZizzyCro wrote: »
    Just curious, is the Adventure Week actually an Adventure Month or has there been a mistake in dates?

We tend to call all Bonus events 'weeks', regardless how long they are. Sorry that it does have the potential to cause confusion.
  • I cant wait for the oracle phase and the start of extra xp. B)
    Stark 3 Lannister 3 Greyjoy 5 Baratheon 2 Targaryen 2 Martell 6 Tyrell 1 Tully 2 Arryn?!0
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    speaking of adventure reduction times and the likes, I get that its mostly directed at new players/players not at the speed cap, but how about actually reducing the overall adventure time rather than just adding a 25% speed increase for players, or simpler put how about actually having that 25% reduction stack with the 70% cap so we can all benefit.
  • NN wrote: »
    speaking of adventure reduction times and the likes, I get that its mostly directed at new players/players not at the speed cap, but how about actually reducing the overall adventure time rather than just adding a 25% speed increase for players, or simpler put how about actually having that 25% reduction stack with the 70% cap so we can all benefit.

I actually thought this was already the case, since I never really payed attention, but it really should be like you say. It should be the same like during RI week when they really do reduce the vol 1 timers by half, not just add 50% to speed increase.
    "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone"

Audrey Tallhart CLIII

26 Stark, 2 Lannister, 18 Greyjoy, 17 Baratheon, 18 Targaryen,18 Martell, 34 Tyrell, 18 Tully, 1 Adventure Party

• NNNN ✭✭✭
    ZizzyCro wrote: »
    NN wrote: »

I actually thought this was already the case, since I never really payed attention, but it really should be like you say. It should be the same like during RI week when they really do reduce the vol 1 timers by half, not just add 50% to speed increase.

ummmm, well if its actually that way during reincarnation week then it might be that I have it/remember wrong......I really don't think that's the case but I'll definitely make sure to pay attention to my timers and compare it to times on the wiki I know to be correct.
  • Let us know what you find please! :)

Audrey Tallhart CLIII

• The reduction does come off the top, not part of the 70%, Both with adventures and the RI week. My character is at max speed and gets a reduction of time during both those events. :)
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    cool good to know, guess its one more of those times where I was wrong
  • JMC2016JMC2016 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Wed, Dec 13: Crafting Timer Reduction & Increased Luck Bonus begins

Will dragon related recipes be including in the increased luck bonus?
  • I don't see a release date for House Arryn. When will that be available?
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    lol, I think the Mayan calendar has a 13,000 year cycle, it may be in there somewhere. Unfortunately our (roman) calendar doesn't look that far forward. I'm not getting my hopes up but good to see that the questions is still asked at least 1x per day!
    Arya Serious? If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Can the Tales rewards be released BEFORE the seal slot/peel & ss sale ends or can the sale be extended? I think there are many that would still like to be able to use the freshly won gold, especially considering they had to spend some extra gold on Tales this week instead of on the seal slot/peel & ss sale. Thank you.
  • Not sure if this is the proper place to post this.

I am seeing prefix and suffix items in the shop again. Are rare items (blue) upgradeable with gems as well? Is this here to stay?
  • DutcherDutcher ✭✭✭
    Yes, and unfortunately yes. The maze of inventory clutter and bloat is back again. Long live the maze of inventory clutter and bloat! I love this, oh dear gods of the Seven, how I missed my fair black and white screens of death while trying to load.
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    While I welcome the return of upgradable end-stage crafting and store-bough rare items, I am currently putting together a horde of mats for the December luck week, and so am not happy about the non-end-stage rare items being upgradable... It is a delicate balance.
    Colossal Dragons: Apophis, Nanabozho
    Adolescent Dragons: Kutkh, Samartitxiki, Veles, Wisakedjak
    Young Dragons: Sun Wukong, Ti Malice
    Baby: Anansi, Azeban, Exu, Guidgen, Huehuecoyotl, Itomi, Juha, Lilith, Loki, Maui, Mendacius, Seokga, Susanoo, Wahn, Yun Harla
  • Why not just sell all the things you don't need?

Audrey Tallhart CLIII

• Ok DB, you brought back the affixes because some people complained? But other people complained that they have lots of useless non-stackable rare items that they only craft to use in AvA or to craft another item. So now we're going to have inventories getting clogged up and making it very difficult to find the gear you equip. Hooray for filters on iOS when equipping gear for the SS, but try to scroll up and down looking for the item you need for your main when you have 100s of unused extra items that don't stack. Frustrating. As for the browser players without any filters...

It's great to have the items in the shop for the occasional bonus legendary or peerless item to equip on our SS, but it's our CHOICE whether to buy those items. Rare items getting an extra 2 battle or 2% on swindle are normally useless and just clog up our inventories. Please apply this change only to the shop and not crafting, or come up with a different way of stacking.
  • Haha, sorry DB, damned if you do, damned if you don't... :D

Audrey Tallhart CLIII

• ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    Zizzy, it is about applying a sledgehammer solution to a razorblade problem.

End-stage craftables and store items should be upgradable, items that are used to craft other items or for AvA should not be.
    Colossal Dragons: Apophis, Nanabozho
    Adolescent Dragons: Kutkh, Samartitxiki, Veles, Wisakedjak
    Young Dragons: Sun Wukong, Ti Malice
    Baby: Anansi, Azeban, Exu, Guidgen, Huehuecoyotl, Itomi, Juha, Lilith, Loki, Maui, Mendacius, Seokga, Susanoo, Wahn, Yun Harla
  • Zepp wrote: »
    End-stage craftables and store items should be upgradable, items that are used to craft other items or for AvA should not be.

That sounds reasonable :)

Audrey Tallhart CLIII

• Oracle is re-starting today? We have received no notice! Is this 7-9 a type O?
  • Oracle is re-starting today? We have received no notice! Is this 7-9 a type O?

We've known for over a week, there was a blog post, on their facebook, and in this group. On this forum 1, 2. And I believe there was a link to the blog post via twitter as well.
    Don't forget to hit Awesome if someone helped you in the forums.

Alliance Leader in Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Our GOTA Wiki Page: Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Looking for new members, we accept new players, reincarnators, ava'ers, and social players, etc.

Send an in game Friend Request: Moriganna Stormborn

Reincarnations so far: 292
    Reincarnations to go: 48

Do you need help finding inactive players in your alliance? Want a spreadsheet of all of your alliance members? Send me a message here, or on facebook. I don't need to be a member/officer/leader of your alliance, I just need your ID# and a few days. Even if you have 5000+ members, I don't mind. I want to help. I can also help with your friends list!
  • Oracle is a no go for Taking the Blackfish. Still cannot get past level 1 , no visible data on upgrade screens. Disappointing.

Fishlinduo Tyrell leader of Taking the Blackfish
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    camps only go as high as level 1 in oracle
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    can we get the calendar info pinned as an announcement like with the most recent build notes?
  • Are there any more experimental AvA phases scheduled at this time?
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    next experimental ava should have 400-500 camp garrison limit (why only ever go higher????), and to prevent 6 people filling an entire region, a 50-60 gp cap..................and we shall call that phase "David"
  • may be a stupid questions, but have the 7 day long AVA's been discontinued ?
  • Not officially, no. But not many really want to see them come back either. Not until AvA development is complete and until players actually start enjoying sending waves on 27 minute timers for 7 days straight with no sleep, at least.