Marriage & Divorce

Hi, is there a link or a way to divorce someone? My bacon hubby has been inactive for over 3 months. It refuses that i send requests to others as long as i am married but people are unable to request me, i don't show up in the list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morgane Snow

Comments

• Stark 3 Lannister 3 Greyjoy 5 Baratheon 2 Targaryen 2 Martell 6 Tyrell 1 Tully 2 Arryn?!0
  • Proud member and Officer of Frozen Fire and Steel
    "I am the Sword in the Darkness..."
    Currently recruiting for AvA

• wonderful, it worked, i tried other links that has not worked before.. ty ty ty
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Morgane Snow

• wonderful, it worked, i tried other links that has not worked before.. ty ty ty

You are most welcome.
    Stark 3 Lannister 3 Greyjoy 5 Baratheon 2 Targaryen 2 Martell 6 Tyrell 1 Tully 2 Arryn?!0
  • Is there a link to get rid of pending friend request and marriage proposal
  • http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/friend_remove/xxxxxx

put the id number of the player where the x's are to remove the pending result
    Stark 3 Lannister 3 Greyjoy 5 Baratheon 2 Targaryen 2 Martell 6 Tyrell 1 Tully 2 Arryn?!0
  • i dont know how to fix the pending marriage proposal issue.
  • i dont know how to fix the pending marriage proposal issue.
    You will need to ticket DB if you're marriage is pending, I think. https://gota.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
  • Is there a link to get rid of pending friend request and marriage proposal

http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/friend_remove/xxxxxx

put the id number of the player where the x's are to remove the pending result
  • http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/pact_remove/?type_symbol=marriage

Glad this worked, for me, I noticed a few links on other pages that are duds.
    Rather like my last bacon husband, great at accepting but has never sent even a scrap of bacon let alone a jug of ale!
    I really do think DB should get a grip and put a LINK under marriage pacts so that we can just delete someone that's obviously lazy.!
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss.......................the night is definitely long and most assuredly full of terrors!
  • edited August 28
    I have pact agreement to marry off my daughter, that has been "stuck". The request was sent by me but, the other party never accepted. Since then, that person has reincarnated, and I don't even know what their name is anymore. And I am unable to marry my daughter to anyone else, because the pact request is still pending. Is there a link, or another techie way, to release that pact proposal, so I can marry my daughter to another? I had hoped that reincarnation would have released the pact but, apparently it did not. I have used the "divorce" link with no problems. is there some way to alter that to revoke a pact proposal?
    "Zaldrīzes dohaeriros iksos daor." - High Valyrian
    "A dragon is not a slave."
  • AuralysAuralys ✭✭✭
    I have pact agreement to marry off my daughter, that has been "stuck". The request was sent by me but, the other party never accepted. Since then, that person has reincarnated, and I don't even know what their name is anymore. And I am unable to marry my daughter to anyone else, because a marriage request is still pending. Is there a link, or another techie way, to release that pact proposal, so I can marry my daughter to another? I had hoped that reincarnation would have released the pact but, apparently it did not. I have used the "divorce" link with no problems. is there some way to alter that to revoke a pact proposal?

@Vanessa the Wise Have you reincarnated? Also, have you tried asking someone to send the pact request to you instead? What is your ID?
    Grand Maester of Ancient Magic

Don't forget to hit Awesome if someone helped you in the forums.

Alliance Leader in Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Our GOTA Wiki Page: Last Sentinels of the Godswood

Looking for new members. We accept new players, RI'ers, AVA'ers, and social players, etc.

Send an in game Friend Request: Moriganna Stormborn

Reincarnations so far: 340
    Reincarnations to go: 0, I HAVE PERMED ALL 336 FEALTY TALENTS!

Tales:
    • #1 in Daughter of the North (July 13, 2018 - July 17, 2018)
    • #1 in The Dragon Queen (August 24, 2018-August 28, 2018)
    • #3 in Breaker of Chains (March 09, 2018 - March 13, 2018)
    Do you need help finding inactive players in your alliance? Want a spreadsheet of all of your alliance members? Send me a message here, or on facebook. I don't need to be a member/officer/leader of your alliance, I just need your ID# and a few days. Even if you have 5000+ members, I don't mind. I want to help. I can also help with your friends list!
  • edited August 28
    I am a "Loyalist" - I don't plan to reincarnate. I know that would most likely solve the issue but, I'm not going to lose everything I have to do it. I just thought that, if there was a link I could use, or a snippet of code, that I would try that. I have already tried going to another account and hitting the cancel button (my account is an old one, when we had those), and that didn't work. And I did have someone else send me a request as well, and they were prohibited from doing it - they were told my daughter was already betrothed. I guess I'll just live with it. If I send in a ticket, they will just tell me to reincarnate, and that's not an option I can live with. It would be really nice if those areas were fixed, so that we didn't have to jump through hoops or reincarnate to fix a bug.
    "Zaldrīzes dohaeriros iksos daor." - High Valyrian
    "A dragon is not a slave."
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    try this http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/sendpactremove('betrothal_daughter')/XXXXX
  • @ Vanessa the Wise, sometimes it bugs out and sometimes a ticket to DB helps. They may be able to clear it, they have in the past for me. Good Luck.
  • Yeah, GoTA Support should be able to help with that.
    Add me as a friend.

My player ID: 159443
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they just added "remove request" and "divorce" to the boxes to make it simpler...
    Colossal Dragons: Apophis, Nanabozho
    Mature Dragon: Manannan mac Lir
    Adolescent Dragons: Kutkh, Samartitxiki, Sun Wukong, Ti Malice, Veles, Wisakedjak
    Baby: Anansi, Azeban, Exu, Guidgen, Huehuecoyotl, Itomi, Juha, Lilith, Loki, Maui, Mendacius, Nahash, Seokga, Set, Susanoo, Wahn, Yun Harla
  • Zepp wrote: »
    It would be nice if they just added "remove request" and "divorce" to the boxes to make it simpler...

It would make it so much easier for the parties involved, as we all have to hand out the divorce link so many times to help those in need. It saves on tickets to the CS if there are no buggy issues involved. I'd love to see that implemented. Oh, "remove pact" button, where for art thou? :)
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    there's no divorce in westeros (past words of a db staffer on the issue).
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    A Blast from the Past!
    Me! wrote:
    The official response is that there is no divorce in Westeros (despite a veritable panapoly of examples from the source material…) therefore there is no divorce in Game of Thrones Ascent.

That is just my brief summary of the response they generally issue. The links above are workarounds with risks, I hope they leave them up because people need them for a variety of reasons. I also hope that they will have a hackathon and someone will put together the Divorce, Annul, “Remove” option to end pacts…

End 10 pacts and you get the Oathbreaker badge! Break three marriage pacts and you get the Married more than Margaery Achievement!

I've brought this up before. In fact, GRRM has stated that "divorce simply isn't common" in Westeros. And there are examples from Rhaegar and Ella - which is occasionally mislabeled as an annulment - to Doran and Mellario - although it is unclear whether they actually went through with the divorce - in the source material as well as other ways to break the marriage pact from annulments to Moon Doors...
    Adolescent Dragons: Kutkh, Samartitxiki, Sun Wukong, Ti Malice, Veles, Wisakedjak
    Baby: Anansi, Azeban, Exu, Guidgen, Huehuecoyotl, Itomi, Juha, Lilith, Loki, Maui, Mendacius, Nahash, Seokga, Set, Susanoo, Wahn, Yun Harla
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    Another Blast from the Past!
    Me! wrote:
    In a game world where valar morghulis, and in a real world where people sometimes stop playing games, sometimes you find yourself in a baconless marriage. What can you do? Right now, you can’t do much. However, we need a way to end marriages that feels Westerosi… So, I propose the “Marriage not so grand?” quest line…

Quest 1 (Activated from Pacts & Power tab after more than a month of marriage): Marriage not so grand?
    Choice 1 (Realm): The final solution
    Choice 2 (Honesty): Seek an annulment
    Choice 3 (Cunning): To the Wall with him/her

(All the following chains have 20 quests: 3h, Dialogue, BQ, 4h, Dialogue, Dialogue, Dialogue, 4h, Dialogue, Dialogue, BQ, Dialogue, 4h, Dialogue, Dialogue, Dialogue, 5h, Dialogue, BQ, Dialogue (in summary, 12 dialogue, 5 timed (3.4.4.4.5), & 3 BQ))

Path 1 (Battle-focused): Accidents happen
    Path 2 (Trade-focused: Bribing the magistrate
    Path 3 (Intrigue-focused): Skeletons in the closet, quite literally

In addition:
    Lineage achievement: More Marriages than Margaery
    In one incarnation, rid yourself of three spouses in three different manners. Upon completion - Confirmed Bachelorette/Bachelor achievement title.

If one spouse begins this quest-line, the other spouse has it locked and can not start the quest-line for a month

Additional lineage achievement: Jilted
    Be the victim of a Westerosi divorce proceedings…
    - Apostate achievement title -

Quest-line: On the receiving end
    Path 1: Fake death is better than real death
    (fake your own death and pay off the assassin)
    Path 2: Get the Magistrate on your side
    (bribe the magistrate)
    Path 3: Spitting image
    (Use a commoner that looks like you to take your place at the wall)

Each of these is a similar format to the initiator’s set except that the initial quest is a choice to play out the storyline or not. The second aspect is that these quests are not focused on a specific branch (as that would give too much power to your spouse to grief you).

Did I even put together a whole structure that could make this interesting and engaging while limiting the ability to exploit it?

• NNNN ✭✭✭
    edited September 3
    yeah I had actually been doing alot of writing in another thread so I figured I'd keep that post short.

To be sure whether there was or wasn't I had done some google searching and had myself come across that statement by GRRM.
    Was thinking about the Rhagear thing as well as a few other examples that are said to be annulments, but the way its phrased sounds like a divorce to me...."sets aside his wife for another" certainly sounds like divorce.

p.s wouldn't annulments make "true born heirs" bastards? since its invalidating the marriage.

edit: I like the questline idea, especially since it has quest for being on either side of it.
  • ZeppZepp ✭✭✭
    An annulment would technically make a "true born heir" a bastard as it erases the marriage.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    yeah was wondering because of Rhagear's case.....its also messed up how that marriage was in Dorne.
  • None of the above links worked for me to get out of my marriage. They were either error messages or just sat there. Any other links to try to end the pact?
  • Ok, I take that back. Not sure which one worked, but my marriage is no longer. Yay.
  • Good B)

Remember, if no link does the job, you can still send a ticket.
    Add me as a friend.

My player ID: 159443