Seal/Set Specialties

How many of you take the time to forge a specific specialty for your character using stacking seal/item effects? What effect have you specialized in? Most do speed obviously but I'd love to hear about some more unique ones.

I have specialized in double wounding in AvA, mainly with a *Vegan Poutine* ton of Alliser Thorne Insignias. I'm up to well over 50% chance to deal 2 wounds for every attack. Good for wearing down a defender garrison or scaring off other alliances harrying us.

Comments

  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    eh haven't managed it yet but one of my end goals is to hit the ss instant revive cap (guessing its 70% like everything else).
  • NN wrote: »
    eh haven't managed it yet but one of my end goals is to hit the ss instant revive cap (guessing its 70% like everything else).

    Ha! I suppose that's the most effective counter to a killer specialist, though it must have limited uses outside of that.

    I think single AvA action specialties would be very useful- items and seals that increase the action effects on coin or camp health. Speed is technically the most useful the most often, but the least interesting. Items like Bolton Pikeman that leave a wound on a successful attacker would be quite interesting as well, although there aren't enough items and seals to push that percent chance high enough to be worth it at this point.
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Totally limited to defending.........now one thing I always wondered about the extra wound, does that just increase the chance of a critical hit? example would 20% chance of causing an extra won't increase the roll for a critical hit from 0-5 to 0-25 instead? or is it a separate roll entirely and thus makes it possible to do cause 3 wounds if you get the extra wound plus critical hit?

    Ehhhh I don't think most people focus on barters or aid to really care about the extra silver or health, and the megas get the vast majority of their vp from attacks, so personally I would prefer not to take any extra than I need so as many of my other guild mates can get attacks in with max vp payout.
  • I specialize in Intrigue, Spy mostly and I sort of just fell into it when I first started and became active in AVA. Granted I'm still very much learning I enjoy doing this and know that I can help out my alliance without doing any damage to our own camps.
    Proud member and Officer of Frozen Fire and Steel
    "I am the Sword in the Darkness..."
    Currently recruiting for AvA
  • NN wrote: »
    Totally limited to defending.........now one thing I always wondered about the extra wound, does that just increase the chance of a critical hit? example would 20% chance of causing an extra won't increase the roll for a critical hit from 0-5 to 0-25 instead? or is it a separate roll entirely and thus makes it possible to do cause 3 wounds if you get the extra wound plus critical hit?

    Not sure to be honest. The interface doesn't show how many wounds you are dealing, just how many the defender has after the attack. I would guess they are separate rolls entirely, because additional wounding can have two clearly distinct rolls for the same effect based on its wording in the item description (see Many-Faced Gods Water Bowl- it has both on one item).
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    Not sure to be honest. The interface doesn't show how many wounds you are dealing, just how many the defender has after the attack. I would guess they are separate rolls entirely, because additional wounding can have two clearly distinct rolls for the same effect based on its wording in the item description (see Many-Faced Gods Water Bowl- it has both on one item).

    :o ummmm very interesting

  • NN wrote: »
    Ehhhh I don't think most people focus on barters or aid to really care about the extra silver or health, and the megas get the vast majority of their vp from attacks, so personally I would prefer not to take any extra than I need so as many of my other guild mates can get attacks in with max vp payout.

    How about Howland Reed's Insignia? Increase harass attack, speed, and health recovered. I think it might be the best seal in the game. A set stacking those effects would be very useful, and does not take out any additional health from the target to give you more.

    But it does seem so that the most unique and useful specialties would be defensive and recovery centered, since offensive actions must strike a balance to yield the most VP without doing unnecessary damage.

  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    That is a great one that I have occasionally contemplated making a set of.
  • I think I shall make a battle set around it. If I have the time and money. My killer set was battle/intrigue but I decided to make it more tightly focused on intrigue to destroy defenses through steal, sabotage, and killing defenders. Converting my sealed dragon to a tan one, and producing a Spear of Oberyn the Red Viper.
  • What about the 20% of getting +8% in the skill seal? is it usable in Tales at all
  • I can confirm that the chancy seals (X% chance of Y% stat) have worked in the past, and likely still do work in tales. That said, they are likely not great choices for tales as you probably want reliability over the rare random high scores. You tend to lose in tales by your weakest stats and choices, so when that seal is not working 80% of the time, that's when you'll probably have needed it the most. I'd take a 2% seal over a 25% chance of 8% seal any day.
  • 8% gives 24 if you have 300 so that's a half percent. So if you are in the 66's or less you can look for gamble to pass a round. So yes it's not the general rule. It's unclear Wether it's displayed or not
    that remain unclear
  • NNNN ✭✭✭
    yitamin wrote: »
    I can confirm that the chancy seals (X% chance of Y% stat) have worked in the past, and likely still do work in tales. That said, they are likely not great choices for tales as you probably want reliability over the rare random high scores. You tend to lose in tales by your weakest stats and choices, so when that seal is not working 80% of the time, that's when you'll probably have needed it the most. I'd take a 2% seal over a 25% chance of 8% seal any day.

    I can confirm players have claimed it didn't work in the pass, I have no idea if it currently works or not.
  • yitaminyitamin ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I spoke up because I can confirm first hand that I've seen the chancy stats work in tales. What you choose to do with that claim is up to you, but at least you have a name here, not some vague rumour passed down the line. The stat change wasn't visible up front when picking your sword, but you could tell it worked by the higher tolerance on the rolls, and with enough tests it was working as you'd expect, adding that percent or not adding that percent, in about the estimated chance. In my case I was using a 50% one, so I saw it more often than a 25% would. If you put 4 on, I'd expect it to work the same, working every time (100% chance), but showing no stats change up front, only modifying the tolerance on the rolls.

    Of note, when your stats are calculated per sword, those values are rounded up (500.01 and 500.99 both become 501). The two sword rounded values are added up, then the SUM / ( SUM + difficulty) * 100 calculation is done. This one rounds down (75.01 and 75.99 both become 75), and this is the number to beat on the tale. If you match it or roll under, you win, if you roll above, you lose.
Sign In or Register to comment.