Which crew to focus on next?

I am at the stage now that I have immortalised 13 2* uncommon crew and I have completed all the Mon-Fri cadet challenges on Epic.

I've been working on my 3* rare crew for Sat/Sun challenges and have Sniper Ezri FE at 100 but 1/3* and Commando Crusher FF at 100 and almost FE. Still working on the others which are Level 70.

I then have various 3* rare at Level 70, mostly 1/3* and a bunch of 4* super rare crew at around level 40-50 and two Legendaries (Ru'Afo & Bashir, Julian Bashir) at Level 80 and 40 respectively.

Mostly crew got on recent events and voyage drops so quite a few dominion trait crew etc

I have the ISS Enterprise at level 7/10 and can now regularly do 3 hour voyages.

1) What crew do I need to focus on to get to 4 hour voyages? Rare or super rare and what level do they all need to be at to start making an impact?

2) Also, in the event shuttle missions I get to 3 hour shuttles and my percentage goes down to about 30% success rate. I assume that's down to having poor level crew so is it 4* super rare's that really make the difference here or can I level up a bunch of 3* rare and do much better than I am at the moment?

3) I also got a free super rare citation (as we all did) - wondering if it's worth FF my Ikat'ika who is 3/4* or using it for one of the others (or one still to come) but the rest are 2/4* at best.

Thanks very much.

Comments

  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the free citation, use it for a new crew not in the portal, such as a crew from a faction or skirmish event.

    I suggest focusing on two or three cards at any one time and leaving the rest until they are fully fused or in an event.

    For the 3* crew: you can do any weekend mission with only a few. More might be needed to crit them all, but to pass, only a few are needed. To this end, I would focus on Doctor Selar, Lieutenant Saavik, Maquis Takeover Torres, Sniper Ezri Dax, and Lwaxana Troi (or Vedek Winn Adami). Those are the only 5 still in my crew.

    I advise saving all premium pulls you earn until you knock out all unneeded 2* crew or are willing to immediately airlock any new 2*. Next, focus on the 3*. When you have the core you want, then go for more.

    I struggled with placement and crew slots until I immortalized all 2 and 3 star crew. With those no longer cluttering my space, I was able to do about 20 saved pulls and have a wonderful crew.

    Good luck.
  • For the 3* crew: you can do any weekend mission with only a few. More might be needed to crit them all, but to pass, only a few are needed. To this end, I would focus on Doctor Selar, Lieutenant Saavik, Maquis Takeover Torres, Sniper Ezri Dax, and Lwaxana Troi (or Vedek Winn Adami). Those are the only 5 still in my crew.

    I only have Sniper Ezri Dax and Lwaxana Troi from that list. I have holodeck 3 Brahms, Ensign Robin Leafler, Temproal Shift Kes, Senator Cretek (just got her) & Expedition Vash as Females.
  • Lefler and Vash are good for the Sat-Sun Cadet Challenges.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That list is my final list. I had to make do with others for a time. Find a few who work.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefler and Vash are good for the Sat-Sun Cadet Challenges.

    Wait a sec...as non-aliens I don’t think either one would be available on Sundays. This is why I stick with Saavik for SCI and COM nodes on the weekends.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you may be spreading yourself too thin. Dump any 1/3 crew who won't be used for the weekend challenges — they will drop later (many, many times). Pare your roster down and focus on your essentials. There will be time at a later date to expand.

    Btw, for weekend challenges I only use five 3* crew. (I don't cover MED because I don't need to, but if you wanted that, you'd probably need six.)


    Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    It sounds like you may be spreading yourself too thin. Dump any 1/3 crew who won't be used for the weekend challenges — they will drop later (many, many times). Pare your roster down and focus on your essentials. There will be time at a later date to expand.

    Btw, for weekend challenges I only use five 3* crew. (I don't cover MED because I don't need to, but if you wanted that, you'd probably need six.)

    Thanks. Does that mean I should focus on the 3* I need and then 4* crew?
    Or do I still level up 2*?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain JM wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    It sounds like you may be spreading yourself too thin. Dump any 1/3 crew who won't be used for the weekend challenges — they will drop later (many, many times). Pare your roster down and focus on your essentials. There will be time at a later date to expand.

    Btw, for weekend challenges I only use five 3* crew. (I don't cover MED because I don't need to, but if you wanted that, you'd probably need six.)

    Thanks. Does that mean I should focus on the 3* I need and then 4* crew?
    Or do I still level up 2*?

    If you've got your weekday cadet missions completely covered, then I'd say dump the ones you don't need (unless they're fairly close to being leveled up), and don't collect any more. Again, you can always do that at some point in the future, to fill out those collections.

    After you've acquired and leveled up the 3* crew you need for the weekend challenges, then you can think about 4* crew. I'd suggest that for the moment you only keep the 4's who are main cast characters or have a high proficiency that would be helpful in Gauntlet. Some of the latter include Antaak (very good MED proficiency) and Lieutenant Valeris (decent SEC+SCI proficiency). I no longer use Valeris much, since I've got crew with better stats, but Antaak still finds his way into Gauntlets, mainly when he matches featured traits.

    I've found it helpful to only be working on 3 or so crew at a time. Otherwise, it will take longer to get any traction. You'll be better off having a few fully-equipped and leveled crew who are at full strength, rather than a whole bunch of them who are only halfway there. Besides, watching your count of immortals go up is always a satisfying thing. :)


    Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Lefler and Vash are good for the Sat-Sun Cadet Challenges.

    Wait a sec...as non-aliens I don’t think either one would be available on Sundays. This is why I stick with Saavik for SCI and COM nodes on the weekends.

    Of course I have used them on the Saturday Cadets, not Sunday

    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Captain JM wrote: »

    2) Also, in the event shuttle missions I get to 3 hour shuttles and my percentage goes down to about 30% success rate. I assume that's down to having poor level crew so is it 4* super rare's that really make the difference here or can I level up a bunch of 3* rare and do much better than I am at the moment?

    3) I also got a free super rare citation (as we all did) - wondering if it's worth FF my Ikat'ika who is 3/4* or using it for one of the others (or one still to come) but the rest are 2/4* at best.

    .

    Shuttles (NOT shuttles in events) are open ended... no matter how good a crew you have, you will end up losing about a third of them, so don´t worry about losing shuttle missions. This is not the case of events.

    Don,t use your free citation on a 2 skill character , they are not the best with voyages. Even this weeks Odo has better voyage stats (and he is so so), and he is main cast. (we will all get a free chaplain Odo in the galaxy part). So if you only get him to the third star, it would boost your Young crew vastly to cite him up
  • Pol wrote: »

    Shuttles (NOT shuttles in events) are open ended... no matter how good a crew you have, you will end up losing about a third of them, so don´t worry about losing shuttle missions. This is not the case of events.

    Don,t use your free citation on a 2 skill character , they are not the best with voyages. Even this weeks Odo has better voyage stats (and he is so so), and he is main cast. (we will all get a free chaplain Odo in the galaxy part). So if you only get him to the third star, it would boost your Young crew vastly to cite him up

    It was event shuttles I meant. I know you’re supposed to fail standard ones but it would be good to do better in event shuttles.

    Okay, thanks on Odo. I’ve got chaplain odo 1/4* and he’s my next threshold award so will definitely get him to 2/4* and if I can get the third threshold award I could get him 4/4* if there’s another one in the community award.

  • Captain JMCaptain JM ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »

    If you've got your weekday cadet missions completely covered, then I'd say dump the ones you don't need (unless they're fairly close to being leveled up), and don't collect any more. Again, you can always do that at some point in the future, to fill out those collections.

    After you've acquired and leveled up the 3* crew you need for the weekend challenges, then you can think about 4* crew. I'd suggest that for the moment you only keep the 4's who are main cast characters or have a high proficiency that would be helpful in Gauntlet. Some of the latter include Antaak (very good MED proficiency) and Lieutenant Valeris (decent SEC+SCI proficiency). I no longer use Valeris much, since I've got crew with better stats, but Antaak still finds his way into Gauntlets, mainly when he matches featured traits.

    I've found it helpful to only be working on 3 or so crew at a time. Otherwise, it will take longer to get any traction. You'll be better off having a few fully-equipped and leveled crew who are at full strength, rather than a whole bunch of them who are only halfway there. Besides, watching your count of immortals go up is always a satisfying thing. :)

    Thanks Data1001. I assume by "main cast characters" I assume you mean those who were actually in the various TV series?

    I am trying to focus on a few at a time but it's hard to know which are best to focus on at times. And then events come along every week. However, the cadet challenges Sat/Sun are obviously the first. I have now completed Saturday on normal.

  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Captain JM wrote: »
    I assume by "main cast characters" I assume you mean those who were actually in the various TV series?

    Main cast characters = those who were main cast in any of the Trek shows. Examples: for DSC, Burnham would qualify, Mudd would not; for DS9, Odo would qualify, Sarina Douglas would not; in TOS, Spock would be main cast, Apollo would not; in ENT, Sato would be, Shran would not. Generally it's those whose actors' names are featured in the opening credits of a show, but there are some other characters who borderline qualify because of multiple appearances, such as Q, and perhaps Barclay.

    The main cast characters are far more likely to show up in multiple events, whereas one-off or guest star characters may only be featured crew in one event, if any.


    Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    Captain JM wrote: »
    I assume by "main cast characters" I assume you mean those who were actually in the various TV series?

    Main cast characters = those who were main cast in any of the Trek shows. Examples: for DSC, Burnham would qualify, Mudd would not; for DS9, Odo would qualify, Sarina Douglas would not; in TOS, Spock would be main cast, Apollo would not; in ENT, Sato would be, Shran would not. Generally it's those whose actors' names are featured in the opening credits of a show, but there are some other characters who borderline qualify because of multiple appearances, such as Q, and perhaps Barclay.

    The main cast characters are far more likely to show up in multiple events, whereas one-off or guest star characters may only be featured crew in one event, if any.

    Thanks. That’s what I thought. Not seen Discovery but easy to check main characters. Thanks.
    That makes it a lot easier.

  • edited September 2018
    Captain JM wrote: »
    For the 3* crew: you can do any weekend mission with only a few. More might be needed to crit them all, but to pass, only a few are needed. To this end, I would focus on Doctor Selar, Lieutenant Saavik, Maquis Takeover Torres, Sniper Ezri Dax, and Lwaxana Troi (or Vedek Winn Adami). Those are the only 5 still in my crew.

    I only have Sniper Ezri Dax and Lwaxana Troi from that list. I have holodeck 3 Brahms, Ensign Robin Leafler, Temproal Shift Kes, Senator Cretek (just got her) & Expedition Vash as Females.

    David makes good points on crew. If you got Gilora Rejal in last Dominion event, work on her, she can take you far as she has ENG/SCI and the traits. She is one of my standing crew members and is quite handy. Also look for Pvt. Money, shes good for the 5th weekend mission(coming storm) on epic also with the veteran trait and that extra gun you'll need. The ones you've mentioned above, yes work on those!
    When I first started this game(back in Feb.) I learned as rule of thumb follow the traits in the missions you play and keep those crew. Try to get though half of all the missions, so ep 1-4 normal-epic, and normal(all) to the best you can on elite with the rest.
    Also, look at posts here for help along the way. Someone was saying that choosing Romulan victory was a better choice than OF A because of the final mission unlocks a very good mission to farm some not so easy items.
    Another piece of advice, keep working on your collections, esp. common and uncommon, knock out those crew members so you can have room plus they can raise your stats and give DYC.
    Good luck.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt kind of sad when I froze Gilora and Money. They served me very well until their replacement crew showed up.
  • I felt kind of sad when I froze Gilora and Money. They served me very well until their replacement crew showed up.

    I still use Gilora as I've found the Astrophysicist triat and the ENG skill is handy even in voyages. Money I froze because of only having the 1 skill.
  • Yes, I did get Gilora in the event so will work on here too. Thanks.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t start dumping crew unless you’re having a crew slot overflow issue.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Isn't there always a crew slot overflow issue? Currently got
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Don’t start dumping crew unless you’re having a crew slot overflow issue.

    Isn't there always a crew slot overflow issue? Currently got 104/105 crew slots full but not yet dumper anything. If I can get a few 3* levelled up I can freeze some 2* I don't need for cadet challenges.
Sign In or Register to comment.