Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Updated And Revised - 10/11 (Mega-Event Part 2)

245

Comments

  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    They were in the holodeck. There’s the connection

    That's all we need too. From what I understand, this is not a hologram mega, but a holodeck mega. With that being said, I do hope we get a new 5* Doctor in the finale.

    Be careful what you wish for, he'll end up "Activaton Day Doctor" with a single middling med stat.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    They were in the holodeck. There’s the connection

    That's all we need too. From what I understand, this is not a hologram mega, but a holodeck mega. With that being said, I do hope we get a new 5* Doctor in the finale.

    Be careful what you wish for, he'll end up "Activaton Day Doctor" with a single middling med stat.

    On that note, maybe dilithium miner doctor?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    They were in the holodeck. There’s the connection

    That's all we need too. From what I understand, this is not a hologram mega, but a holodeck mega. With that being said, I do hope we get a new 5* Doctor in the finale.

    Be careful what you wish for, he'll end up "Activaton Day Doctor" with a single middling med stat.

    On that note, maybe dilithium miner doctor?

    Or a "Doctor" with Engineering:
    Dr. Lewis Zimmerman

    (would be handy for future Doctor events)

    Yes a pioneer in hologram technology. He would be so great!
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Flemming wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    They were in the holodeck. There’s the connection

    That's all we need too. From what I understand, this is not a hologram mega, but a holodeck mega. With that being said, I do hope we get a new 5* Doctor in the finale.

    Be careful what you wish for, he'll end up "Activaton Day Doctor" with a single middling med stat.

    On that note, maybe dilithium miner doctor?

    Or a "Doctor" with Engineering:
    Dr. Lewis Zimmerman

    (would be handy for future Doctor events)

    Yes a pioneer in hologram technology. He would be so great!

    It would go a long way to restoring the excitement I had before the mega started to see he was coming.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    k5uogyx8prtg.jpg
    Agreed, I really liked his character and the banter between him and The Doctor.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Author Doctor is a repeat character in one event.
  • Aren't all Doctors holograms ?
    DB: Do Better. Disrupt the Beam's Revenue Stream.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Really hope to see holograms like Cyrus Resblock or Warship Janeway in the upcoming 2 events.
    Thank you!
  • [TGE] GTMET[TGE] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't all Doctors holograms ?

    Not if it is dr Lewis Zimmerman who created the EMH and based the image and personality on himself
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    Really hope to see holograms like Cyrus Resblock or Warship Janeway in the upcoming 2 events.
    Thank you!

    I hope so, too. I spent a ridiculous amount of resources leveling them both up. And Warship Chakotay, too.

    They are small bonus, of course, but still.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Aren't all Doctors holograms ?

    Not if it is dr Lewis Zimmerman who created the EMH and based the image and personality on himself

    There's also Warship Doctor who was an android....but he was also a hologram of an android so nevermind.

    Maybe a non-canon Mirror Doctor...if Mirror Vic can be human, why not?
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    How about something like they did with Odo - PE teacher doctor?

    edcutlip-wonderyears.jpg
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't all Doctors holograms ?

    Not if it is dr Lewis Zimmerman who created the EMH and based the image and personality on himself

    There's also Warship Doctor who was an android....but he was also a hologram of an android so nevermind.

    Maybe a non-canon Mirror Doctor...if Mirror Vic can be human, why not?

    Or The Doctor onboard the Equinox.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've avoided commenting on the revised reward structure until now, but this week's event highlights the issue I have with it. The ranked 5* reward character is Data. If you are a big Data fan, and have invested (time, money, whatever) in building up your Data variants to be able to compete for more of him... your efforts no longer matter. Now you need Guinan and Barclay and the EMH, but NOT Data, in order to max your chances to win Data V. That doesn't feel right to me.

    I've got plenty of bonus crew variants for the event, so my ability to win Data V will be tied to chronitons, not crew, but that's not really the point. The new structure creates a disconnect between the prize and the tools you need to get the prize.

    Perhaps variants of the ranked 5* should also count in the events? That would mean 2 weeks in a row with bonuses from the same character - while I imagine some players would dislike that if the character is someone they don't care for or don't have, but to me that would be a better solution than the current implementation.

    That is a good point on how confused this change made things. I assumed Data’s would be bonus. Looked again and it’s not so. I have a lot of Data’s that are now not bonus crew for a Data event. That’s pretty disappointing

  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I've avoided commenting on the revised reward structure until now, but this week's event highlights the issue I have with it. The ranked 5* reward character is Data. If you are a big Data fan, and have invested (time, money, whatever) in building up your Data variants to be able to compete for more of him... your efforts no longer matter. Now you need Guinan and Barclay and the EMH, but NOT Data, in order to max your chances to win Data V. That doesn't feel right to me.

    I've got plenty of bonus crew variants for the event, so my ability to win Data V will be tied to chronitons, not crew, but that's not really the point. The new structure creates a disconnect between the prize and the tools you need to get the prize.

    Perhaps variants of the ranked 5* should also count in the events? That would mean 2 weeks in a row with bonuses from the same character - while I imagine some players would dislike that if the character is someone they don't care for or don't have, but to me that would be a better solution than the current implementation.

    That is a good point on how confused this change made things. I assumed Data’s would be bonus. Looked again and it’s not so. I have a lot of Data’s that are now not bonus crew for a Data event. That’s pretty disappointing

    Very good points. At least the winable 5 star should have his variants be bonus crew. I've got confused over this for every event so far myself, even initially thinking I could share my Bartender Whindbag for this week's shuttles.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Look if you wanted data you should have played last week when Guinan was the reward where you need Beverly to win.... if you want to use your Guinans, you need to use them next week when data is the reward....it’s simple!

    (Apologies to “pre-tapes call-in talk show” by mr show)

    That’s lame. The point isn’t wanting Data. It’s Data variants meaning nothing in a Data event

  • It's not a Data event, though. Data will not be part of the storyline for next week's event; he's simply the ranked reward.

    Though I do agree with the larger point that this revised reward structure is borked.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I know we already have him in his regular outfit but we need the Doctor with his can't anyone turn off the program when leaving sickbay look and add the quote to ship battles. His ship ability should be called Turn Off the Program!!!!! with high evasion.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Look if you wanted data you should have played last week when Guinan was the reward where you need Beverly to win.... if you want to use your Guinans, you need to use them next week when data is the reward....it’s simple!

    (Apologies to “pre-tapes call-in talk show” by mr show)

    That’s lame. The point isn’t wanting Data. It’s Data variants meaning nothing in a Data event

    Banjo, it's a joke making fun of how silly the structure is. If you've never watched the classic episode from Mr. Show, watch the below link, you will get it then


    Oh, my bad. I’m a dorkfish. (There’s an old reference to counter yours). Carry on as if my dorkfishness never chimed in.

  • LMAO! Ive never seen that skit Before, funny as heck !!
  • Cam Taliis wrote: »
    How about something like they did with Odo - PE teacher doctor?

    edcutlip-wonderyears.jpg

    Hmmmm. Maybe Officer Doctor from his role on Alice. More in keeping with the MASH vibe.
  • Another week off for me. At least I can read some Trek novels now.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • ghsh3cs4gzd2.jpg

    Now give us Endgame Janeway, darn it! :)
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go for Data, he's easily one of my favorites. Except he's in this galaxy, and not his featured faction. Sad, no Data for me, not worth it.
Sign In or Register to comment.