Discovery season 2......guessing future plot welcome. WARNING! MAYBE SPOILERS HERE!!!!!!!!

I think it's fair enough for those who want to avoid spoilers to use the other thread but this one may be a bit more relaxed.
So this red "angel".... Something related to "canon" from previous trek or something brand new?

Comments

• easypeasyeasypeasy ✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Could it be this race? https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_humanoid
    Or even a "Q" playing around with time and space again?
    Have you got any sane or wacky theories?
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that it's an Iconian.
  • Picard loves RedsPicard loves Reds ✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Never mind. Have fun all!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any speculation about the Red Angel. I can't think of anything obvious that fits what we've seen to date. There are elements that recall the Iconians, the Preservers, and the Q. The relationship with Spock brings to mind V'Ger connecting with him. (Which is not to say I think V'Ger fits into this whatsoever, because I don't; it's just a parallel to that one aspect of the Red Angel.)

I do have one speculation, though, which is that L'Rell and Voq's pale offspring grows up to become The Albino. He'd be younger than Kor, Koloth, and Kang, but it's hard to tell in "Blood Oath" just how old any of the four are, except that they're all in their twilight years. It would account for his complexion and his feud with the House of Kor. I don't expect this to be something followed up on, though, so it'll likely just remain an idle speculation.
  • I don't have any speculation about the Red Angel. I can't think of anything obvious that fits what we've seen to date. There are elements that recall the Iconians, the Preservers, and the Q. The relationship with Spock brings to mind V'Ger connecting with him. (Which is not to say I think V'Ger fits into this whatsoever, because I don't; it's just a parallel to that one aspect of the Red Angel.)

I do have one speculation, though, which is that L'Rell and Voq's pale offspring grows up to become The Albino. He'd be younger than Kor, Koloth, and Kang, but it's hard to tell in "Blood Oath" just how old any of the four are, except that they're all in their twilight years. It would account for his complexion and his feud with the House of Kor. I don't expect this to be something followed up on, though, so it'll likely just remain an idle speculation.

After watching that episode, the Albino is the first thing that came to mind.

I hope it's something they follow up on somewhere down the line, for now I want them to leave the Klingons alone for a while and focus on the red bursts storyline. The Klingon episode certainly felt like they were tying up the Voq/L'Rell storyline.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any speculation about the Red Angel. I can't think of anything obvious that fits what we've seen to date. There are elements that recall the Iconians, the Preservers, and the Q. The relationship with Spock brings to mind V'Ger connecting with him. (Which is not to say I think V'Ger fits into this whatsoever, because I don't; it's just a parallel to that one aspect of the Red Angel.)

After watching that episode, the Albino is the first thing that came to mind.

I hope it's something they follow up on somewhere down the line, for now I want them to leave the Klingons alone for a while and focus on the red bursts storyline. The Klingon episode certainly felt like they were tying up the Voq/L'Rell storyline.

Ever since "Blood Oath" aired, we've wondered who The Albino was, and whether he was a Klingon whose appearance was only Klingon-esque or some other race. There are some dots in "Point of Light" that look like they could be connected, but there's nothing to say decidedly one way or the other. I'll be disappointed if they actually say one way or the other. Even having the speculation confirmed isn't as satisfying as picking up on the possible clues and theorizing.

There are two reasons to estrange Tyler from L'Rell and the Empire: Either to split them up between shows (Tyler moves to Georgiou/S31 spin-off, L'Rell maintains presence throughout Disco) or to set-up more soap opera stuff between them on either or both. I'm willing to take "Point of Light" as a necessary establishment of these things, but I sincerely hope future episodes feel more organic and less like a rushed effort to hit some bullet points.