Next Mega recurring - DIP Primary PLEASE!

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 28 in The Bridge
Let me preface by saying I'm a mid-level spender. $20 to $40 a month, at most, depending on the offer. That means even after nearly two and a half years playing this game, my top BASE in each skill is an immortalized MEGA character. I've been here since the very first mega event, and Borg Queen, to this day, is my highest base CMD. Basically, I've got them all.

Here are my highest base scores, with my bonuses:
CMD - Borg Queen - 1407
ENG - Ru'afo - 1539
SEC - Kortar - 1366
MED - Bell Riots Bashir -1350
SCI - Surak - 1378

Where is DIP, you might ask? It's here:
364tbbpiemhl.jpg

Yes, I know Minuet was DIP primary, and her proficiency is amazing. But isn't it a shame, after TWELVE mega-events, that the highest DIP score is a MED primary, and it's 1185 with my bonuses. Compared to the others, that's just... lacking. My second highest, Etana Jol, is an ENG primary. That's just not fair to the concept of the Mega.

To summarize: YES, I know DIP is a very common skill, and all of us have plenty of it. Even I have 12 characters with a base DIP over 1000. All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a Mega character with DIP primary and a high base. Just because it's about time we did.


EDIT: Yes, I should work on immortalizing Zhiantara Odo. I just had some 4/5 legendaries that I couldn't resist using my citations on. Odo is currently at 2/5. I also have Admiral Kirk at 2/5.
«134

Comments

  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addendum: Obviously Min wins on combined, pictured below. But really, it's time DIP had a base Mega comparable to the other 5 stats. Don't you think?

    0z4jo4xnd0j1.jpg
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭
    What we really want is Dr Kirk in an engineering uniform and holding a Bunsen burner. The first 6 skill crew.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they take someone from Year of Hell (since that's what the next mega is based on right?) who would it be? Perhaps Obrist? If so I'd guess DIP will be one of his skills. Of course there is no saying that it has to be someone from Year of Hell.


    Next time we have a Disco mega they could give us the perfect Medgineering crew. Jett Reno, maybe with ENG, MED and CMD (or SCI I suppose) or something like that...
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    You’re all missing my point. This has nothing to do with how many DIP characters there are. This has to do with the fact that after TWELVE mega characters, not a single one has had a base DIP to rival all the other base primary scores.

    It’s easy for whales to pop in and say they have plenty of strong DIP crew, but I’m saying that as a low to medium spender, the fact that after twelve mega events my best DIP is still Cornwell, and that’s silly, as she’s a MED primary anyway.

    Please understand I’m not talking about overall, I’m talking about within the context I outlined.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭
    yeah my free account has a total of ONE character over 1000 in dip, and that is purple.
    I may use 2 citations to get a gold over 1000. I would appreciate a dip.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re all missing my point. This has nothing to do with how many DIP characters there are. This has to do with the fact that after TWELVE mega characters, not a single one has had a base DIP to rival all the other base primary scores.

    It’s easy for whales to pop in and say they have plenty of strong DIP crew, but I’m saying that as a low to medium spender, the fact that after twelve mega events my best DIP is still Cornwell, and that’s silly, as she’s a MED primary anyway.

    Please understand I’m not talking about overall, I’m talking about within the context I outlined.

    How bout we compromise and say have a Mega event with a doctor theme but give the recurring heavy DIP cuz they have a great bedside manner?

  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    You’re all missing my point. This has nothing to do with how many DIP characters there are. This has to do with the fact that after TWELVE mega characters, not a single one has had a base DIP to rival all the other base primary scores.

    It’s easy for whales to pop in and say they have plenty of strong DIP crew, but I’m saying that as a low to medium spender, the fact that after twelve mega events my best DIP is still Cornwell, and that’s silly, as she’s a MED primary anyway.

    Please understand I’m not talking about overall, I’m talking about within the context I outlined.

    How bout we compromise and say have a Mega event with a doctor theme but give the recurring heavy DIP cuz they have a great bedside manner?

    Banjo, you’ve always been good to me. All I want for Mega-mas is my best DIP character to actually be a DIP primary, and to have a base score in the 1300s after bonuses. Maybe I should have put my last three legendary citations toward Zhiantara Odo instead of my existing 4/5 legendaries, eh? I just know that when I do, that’s when they’ll do what I’m asking for. #utopiaproblems
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    If it is Obrist, he’ll probably be SCI prime, DIP second, and ENG or CMD third

    Oh I hope we do get Ob, I will also unashamedly say he was quite a handsome man :p

    q37dyf5yaa4e.jpeg
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • ByloBandByloBand ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re all missing my point. This has nothing to do with how many DIP characters there are. This has to do with the fact that after TWELVE mega characters, not a single one has had a base DIP to rival all the other base primary scores.

    I think people understand your point, but what we (I'll lump myself in there too) are saying is that this seems like a solution without a problem.
    Rather than take up real estate on The Bridge with my random game thoughts, I've started doing log entries in the Starport recruitment thread in Fleet Central.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    You’re all missing my point. This has nothing to do with how many DIP characters there are. This has to do with the fact that after TWELVE mega characters, not a single one has had a base DIP to rival all the other base primary scores.

    It’s easy for whales to pop in and say they have plenty of strong DIP crew, but I’m saying that as a low to medium spender, the fact that after twelve mega events my best DIP is still Cornwell, and that’s silly, as she’s a MED primary anyway.

    Please understand I’m not talking about overall, I’m talking about within the context I outlined.

    How bout we compromise and say have a Mega event with a doctor theme but give the recurring heavy DIP cuz they have a great bedside manner?

    Banjo, you’ve always been good to me. All I want for Mega-mas is my best DIP character to actually be a DIP primary, and to have a base score in the 1300s after bonuses. Maybe I should have put my last three legendary citations toward Zhiantara Odo instead of my existing 4/5 legendaries, eh? I just know that when I do, that’s when they’ll do what I’m asking for. #utopiaproblems

    You’ve been good to me as well and I meant no disrespect. I guess it’s just easy to see your own little world and not others. You did the right thing with the citations. Instead of improving one crew member you improved three and that will help you much more. Keep rockin my friend. You know what you’re doing and again, I meant no disrespect

  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    For me personally I need another sci/com combo, a sci/med combo, a med/eng combo or a com/eng combo but I would probably happy with anyone that isnt cmd/sec or sec/cmd.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    This event features a SCI/COM combo. And a cool character at that. I hope you rank and get her. It’s always cool to fill a hole in your crew
  • I feel like this would help out newer players like me as well. I also would love to see a Mega Dip character. I currently have 0 FFFE Legendary Diplomacy primary characters.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    aqakbcrg1z7j.png
  • I would like to have a med/sci mega....
    My med is notoriously lacking in crew.
  • ByloBandByloBand ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still kicking loose some mental cobwebs, but I'd like to explain why DIP is the lowest priority stat for future mega event crew by attempting an analogy. I will "base" it around Captain Sisko's favorite sport, baseball.

    Baseball players are often compared using the idea of 5 tools: hitting for average, hitting for power, speed, defense, and arm strength. In modern baseball there is almost a 6th tool, that being specialization (ie closers, designated hitting, spot relievers, etc).

    As we know, STT has 6 tools/skills also, and like baseball they are not equal: Command, Diplomacy, Security, Engineering, Science, and Medicine.

    Any good baseball team needs a few strong defensive players (Science), a few players with strong throwing arms (Security), a few power hitters (Command), a few players with good baserunning speed (Engineering), and a few good specialists (Medicine), but with few exceptions everyone is expected to hit for average (Diplomacy).

    In other words, for most characters Diplomacy is just a part of doing business or part of their job, but they all have other jobs that come first. It is sort of like Diplomacy by committee, and you can see that in voyage stats. Whenever Diplomacy is the primary stat you can just fill the seats normally and you'll end up with a default Diplomacy score that is going to be really good with no effort. This cannot be said for the other skills. This is just like the baseball analogy above, no matter how you form your lineup, you'll always get a team that can hit for average, because without that ability players would not be on the team in the first place.
    Rather than take up real estate on The Bridge with my random game thoughts, I've started doing log entries in the Starport recruitment thread in Fleet Central.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    ByloBand wrote: »
    You’re all missing my point. This has nothing to do with how many DIP characters there are. This has to do with the fact that after TWELVE mega characters, not a single one has had a base DIP to rival all the other base primary scores.

    I think people understand your point, but what we (I'll lump myself in there too) are saying is that this seems like a solution without a problem.

    Let's simplify it. If you disregard all other crew except the 12 mega event crew, and compare their primary base stats as I showed...

    Borg Queen CMD 1234, DIP 892, ENG 660
    Kortar SEC 1209, CMD 921, DIP 404
    T’Kuvma CMD 1096, SEC 962
    Mirror Picard CMD 1042, SEC 982, SCI 583
    Prisoner Cornwell MED 1186, DIP 1049, SEC 594
    Surak SCI 1209, DIP 717, CMD 403
    Bell Riots Bashir MED 1195, DIP 847, SEC 585
    Ru’afo ENG 1362, CMD 757, SCI 506
    Minuet DIP 952, CMD 911
    Etana Jol ENG 1174, DIP 1016, SCI 399
    Kol of House Kor SEC 1139, CMD 953, DIP 521
    Thrax SEC 1134, CMD 1012, DIP 436

    *** Thank you Lady GaghGagh for posting the stats. ***

    Yes, a lot of them have DIP as a secondary, or in Minuet's case, primary. But there is a "heavy hitter" with a high base in each field except DIP. The highest DIP, as I mentioned, is Cornwell, but it's her secondary skill.

    SEC and CMD are obviously the favorites. On the other hand, there is only one SCI primary and one DIP primary. However, while Surak has a super-high base SCI, DIP does not.

    I find DIP to be the most "deficient" when compared to the base stats of all MEGA characters.

    To that end, my friends, and for the last time. This is NOT about what you have, NOR what you need. This is about what they have done so far, and where I believe they should go next.

  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    aqakbcrg1z7j.png

    Please tell me you understand that bragging about your DIP crew is literally the exact opposite of the spirit of this post.

    And if you’re going to, at least make it something to write home aboutb5oo9s3vr0go.jpeg


    Love it. I just wish you had two of the hot Hoshi Sato instead of two of the ugly ones. Meanwhile, are all the best diplomats women or are you just a fan?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    I just hope it's not another Kortar/Kol/Thrax duplicate, and that it's a three skill crew. DIP primary wouldn't really bother me (hopefully not DIP/CMD/SEC)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    aqakbcrg1z7j.png

    Please tell me you understand that bragging about your DIP crew is literally the exact opposite of the spirit of this post.

    And if you’re going to, at least make it something to write home aboutb5oo9s3vr0go.jpeg


    Love it. I just wish you had two of the hot Hoshi Sato instead of two of the ugly ones. Meanwhile, are all the best diplomats women or are you just a fan?

    Well, here’s the next two sets. I really don’t know who are the top DIP in the game, but it appears I, um, well, um,.....yic2389uddn5.jpeg
    eclrwgfc5dmk.jpeg


  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, those last two screenshots were in reverse order
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    Meanwhile, are all the best diplomats women

    10 Best Base DIP...
    Professor Sato
    Humbled Archer
    Zhian'tara Odo
    Admiral Kirk
    Human Torres
    Chancellor L'Rel
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Chancellor Gorkon
    UFP President Ra-ghoratreii
    Bridge Officer Number One


    10 Best Combined Average (Base+Prof) DIP...
    Mambo Picard
    Martian Quark
    Stranded Quark
    Smitten Jean-Luc Picard
    Bridge Officer Number One
    Professor Sato
    Interfaced La Forge
    Virtuoso Doctor
    Senator Vreenak
    Inglatu
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP may have a point. One of the ideas of the Mega event is to give access to legendary cards to all players which gives everyone a boost and levels the playing field a bit. We haven't had a boss DIP primary and we have had other cards doubled up skill wise. I wouldn't mind seeing this in a Mega event character.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    I agree with GhostStalker's point. If we assume there should be a balanced distribution of primary skills among the mega characters (albeit, an assumption that is without any promised basis), then we have 3 CMD, 3 SEC, 2 MED, 2 ENG, 1 SCI, and 1 DIP. The Megas are currently lacking in SCI and DIP primaries, so either would be reasonable to add next. Surak has a strong base SCI, whereas Minuet does not have a strong base DIP - so it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that the game should add a strong base DIP mega crew in the near future.

    One wrinkle is that CMD hasn't been the featured primary in quite some time, so a case could be made for that as well. (Newer players may lack the Queen, T'Kuvma, or Gunshow Picard, so they could reasonably desire a new CMD card.)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, there have been 12 megas already? My how time flies!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    aqakbcrg1z7j.png

    Please tell me you understand that bragging about your DIP crew is literally the exact opposite of the spirit of this post.

    And if you’re going to, at least make it something to write home aboutb5oo9s3vr0go.jpeg


    Oooooh, I want Layna! Muse is one of my favourite Voyager episodes!

    And since everyone is adding theirs, here’s my top 12 DIP folks.

    c8qwex7oix5k.png
    6ees7vm6nyt3.png




    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
Sign In or Register to comment.