Finally Fed Up with DB

1235»

Comments

  • Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited August 25
    Did anyine here play Sonic Runners before it was shut down??

    If so, anyone will tell you anyone will tell you about the odds of the dreaded spin wheel!!! Now that was just outright money grab with terrible odds.

    I personally think there is worse in the world than the rng in a mobile game. If your silly enough to plough loads of cash in to a card collecting game you know has dodgy rng, has quite a few bugs and glitches, has (as some claim) somewhat spotty customer service, and could go offline at any point, then more fool you.

    You'd have been better placed actually spending your money on your children, or booking a holiday away with them, or putting it towards buying some serious Trek merch if that floats your boat.

    Sorry to sound harsh and troll like but i find the OP so silly and purile in the context of a game designed to get players' money. Its like moaning that the games at the fairground are rigged. We all know they are, and occassionally somebody has to win to keep up the image...but dont kid yourself this game is anything but a buisness thats out to make cash.

    As the UK gamble aware motto says:


    WHEN THE FUN STOPS. STOP.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭
    If your silly enough to plough loads of cash in to a card collecting game you know has dodgy rng, has quite a few bugs and glitches, has (as some claim) somewhat spotty customer service, and could go offline at any point, then more fool you.

    You'd have been better placed actually spending your money on your children, or booking a holiday away with them, or putting it towards buying some serious Trek merch if that floats your boat.

    Why don´t you revisit some of your hard games and stop to tell people what do to with THEIR money. Their money, not yours. They worked for it, not you. And they are free to do with it however it pleases them.

    Also with your terms like silly and fool you insult the very people who keep the game alive for everyone. Also you. Probably surprising to you furthermore there are peeps who can do everything (and more) you suggested and still treat themselves to some stuff in this game ;)
  • Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited August 25
    If your silly enough to plough loads of cash in to a card collecting game you know has dodgy rng, has quite a few bugs and glitches, has (as some claim) somewhat spotty customer service, and could go offline at any point, then more fool you.

    You'd have been better placed actually spending your money on your children, or booking a holiday away with them, or putting it towards buying some serious Trek merch if that floats your boat.

    Why don´t you revisit some of your hard games and stop to tell people what do to with THEIR money. Their money, not yours. They worked for it, not you. And they are free to do with it however it pleases them.

    Also with your terms like silly and fool you insult the very people who keep the game alive for everyone. Also you. Probably surprising to you furthermore there are peeps who can do everything (and more) you suggested and still treat themselves to some stuff in this game ;)

    Lol

    They can spend on whatever they want. But do we have to listen to them moan about it bei g unfair and tell us what to do with our money as a result.

    Its like the old woman carrying a side of beef and moaning she has no bread.

    Also when does a suggestion become a "telling"??

    As for the off hand people can do it all comment. Really?? I had no idea. For I live in a victorian workhouse and have no idea of the finances of this world and how people use it.

    Sounds like the fun stopped for you on this thread a while ago.

  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesmer wrote: »
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Vesmer wrote: »
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    .
    And you say you're going to continue to spend - on an app you claim is unfair and should be banned.

    And so what? What’s your point? I can afford spending for campaigns, monthly card, DYC and other guaranteed stuff even if the app has flawed RNG and in fact is a gambling app (and I think you smart enough to google what’s with ongoing issue to consider micro transactions loot boxes apps as a gambling)

    If I thought a company was cheating me out of my money, as you're claiming DB are doing with you, I wouldn't give them my money. It's not a question of being able to afford it or not.

    And if I was petitioning authorities claiming that the app was in violation of both store policy and national law, and if I genuinely believed those things to be true, then I would expect the app to be pulled imminently - in which case spending money would be a complete waste - or at the very least, significantly reworked, most likely in my favor - in which case, spending hundreds of dollars immediately before an anticipated rework would be questionable.

    By the way, when words are blue, like this, you can press them with your finger or move your mouse cursor over them and click them. It's a "link", and it connects you to other relevant websites. If you scroll back to my earlier post, you can see I already linked you to information about loot boxes. And your post immediately before that seemed to consider all gambling the same, as if you were completely unaware of loot boxes and loot box legislation. How mysterious! o:)

    Well, how the fact that some player continue to spend money in the game makes RNG implementation not flawed? I see that instead of talking objectively about this matter you decided to make this personal. How nice of you. Do me a favor please - just sod off

    At this point, I am convinced that you are nothing more than a troll. Not just this thread, either, but the entire way you’ve conducted yourself on the forum to others since joining. Shan hasn’t had to whip out the blue text for a while but it’s coming here, thanks to your baseless accusations and combativeness.
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Vesmer wrote: »
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Vesmer wrote: »
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    .
    And you say you're going to continue to spend - on an app you claim is unfair and should be banned.

    And so what? What’s your point? I can afford spending for campaigns, monthly card, DYC and other guaranteed stuff even if the app has flawed RNG and in fact is a gambling app (and I think you smart enough to google what’s with ongoing issue to consider micro transactions loot boxes apps as a gambling)

    If I thought a company was cheating me out of my money, as you're claiming DB are doing with you, I wouldn't give them my money. It's not a question of being able to afford it or not.

    And if I was petitioning authorities claiming that the app was in violation of both store policy and national law, and if I genuinely believed those things to be true, then I would expect the app to be pulled imminently - in which case spending money would be a complete waste - or at the very least, significantly reworked, most likely in my favor - in which case, spending hundreds of dollars immediately before an anticipated rework would be questionable.

    By the way, when words are blue, like this, you can press them with your finger or move your mouse cursor over them and click them. It's a "link", and it connects you to other relevant websites. If you scroll back to my earlier post, you can see I already linked you to information about loot boxes. And your post immediately before that seemed to consider all gambling the same, as if you were completely unaware of loot boxes and loot box legislation. How mysterious! o:)

    Well, how the fact that some player continue to spend money in the game makes RNG implementation not flawed? I see that instead of talking objectively about this matter you decided to make this personal. How nice of you. Do me a favor please - just sod off

    At this point, I am convinced that you are nothing more than a troll. Not just this thread, either, but the entire way you’ve conducted yourself on the forum to others since joining. Shan hasn’t had to whip out the blue text for a while but it’s coming here, thanks to your baseless accusations and combativeness.

    Oh man, seriously? Trollophobia? Especially I like that part about “entire way I’ve conducted myself to others since joining”. But whatever.

  • I’m sure this has been suggested, but has DB ever considered a cumulative drop percentage?
  • AdiAdi ✭✭
    edited August 25
    In my other game I play they made a change and if you don't get the "Legendary" from that banner in 10 pulls then you get a free one. Not a random character, but the one in the banner.
    If we are afraid this will rise the price for the packs then DB could chose the Legendary.
    If you didn't get one after 10 pulls the you get a question: Do you love Burnham? If you answer no then you get Cadet Tilly. If you answer yes you get Shinzon. If the system see that you airlocked Minuet you get one free.
    Everyone is happy. :D
  • edited August 25
    Place your bets on what time on Monday this discussion is closed. I got 500 quatloos on 10:20AM EST..... :p
    Dear DB: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Place your bets on what time on Monday this discussion is closed. I got 500 quatloos on 10:20AM EST..... :p

    It depends on how many other comments are here after the arguments. I say 8:30 Eastern time.

    This thread has been amusing to me. It reminds me of my kids keeping a useless argument going to get the last word or to prove their point or because the other one started it. I'm certainly guilty of not following my own advice from time to time, but we tell our kids that they don't have to show up to every argument to which they're invited.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

    You are a whale cause that much popcorn at a theater would set you back a hundred bucks or more.

    Ha! I’m trying to stress how this just keeps getting better and better. I’m so gripped I keep going back for more popcorn

  • ShaneyShaney ✭✭
    Again, I shall repeat the bigger issue for those in the back that are too busy calling each-other names. You can 'stop' your spending all you want, and yes you can even really stop spending and not get weird with the "I will only spend campaigns and monthlies".

    Go look at the top of the leaderboard every week, or like right now. Also while youre there, go look at the back of any card you have in your crew roster right now. See those names? The names stamped on the back of every card? Those are the real whales, the people who spend the money you don't want to talk about here becasue it's a gross amount. The drop rates or the promise of a gold card if you fail in 10 pulls will never happen because those names you just looked at? They will spend for them in the current environment. STT would be cutting off its own arm and leg to please the small spenders if they reduced the pipeline of the big spenders. The current system has been around for 4 years and will continue until this game goes away like other games.
  • Prime LorQa [10F]Prime LorQa [10F] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Place your bets on what time on Monday this discussion is closed. I got 500 quatloos on 10:20AM EST..... :p

    It depends on how many other comments are here after the arguments. I say 8:30 Eastern time.

    This thread has been amusing to me. It reminds me of my kids keeping a useless argument going to get the last word or to prove their point or because the other one started it. I'm certainly guilty of not following my own advice from time to time, but we tell our kids that they don't have to show up to every argument to which they're invited.

    I'll take 9:15am Eastern Daylight Time.
    And can I get 1:7 odds that Vesmer gets the last post before it's closed? If so, I'm in for another 200 quatloos on that one.
  • Prime LorQa [10F]Prime LorQa [10F] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Place your bets on what time on Monday this discussion is closed. I got 500 quatloos on 10:20AM EST..... :p

    It depends on how many other comments are here after the arguments. I say 8:30 Eastern time.

    This thread has been amusing to me. It reminds me of my kids keeping a useless argument going to get the last word or to prove their point or because the other one started it. I'm certainly guilty of not following my own advice from time to time, but we tell our kids that they don't have to show up to every argument to which they're invited.

    I'll take 9:15am Eastern Daylight Time.
    And can I get 1:7 odds that Vesmer gets the last post before it's closed? If so, I'm in for another 200 quatloos on that one.
    Place your bets on what time on Monday this discussion is closed. I got 500 quatloos on 10:20AM EST..... :p

    It depends on how many other comments are here after the arguments. I say 8:30 Eastern time.

    This thread has been amusing to me. It reminds me of my kids keeping a useless argument going to get the last word or to prove their point or because the other one started it. I'm certainly guilty of not following my own advice from time to time, but we tell our kids that they don't have to show up to every argument to which they're invited.

    I'll take 9:15am Eastern Daylight Time.
    And can I get 1:7 odds that Vesmer gets the last post before it's closed? If so, I'm in for another 200 quatloos on that one.

    My odds are on Shan having the last comment

    Well played. :D
    I meant besides Shan.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Place your bets on what time on Monday this discussion is closed. I got 500 quatloos on 10:20AM EST..... :p

    It depends on how many other comments are here after the arguments. I say 8:30 Eastern time.

    This thread has been amusing to me. It reminds me of my kids keeping a useless argument going to get the last word or to prove their point or because the other one started it. I'm certainly guilty of not following my own advice from time to time, but we tell our kids that they don't have to show up to every argument to which they're invited.

    I'll take 9:15am Eastern Daylight Time.
    And can I get 1:7 odds that Vesmer gets the last post before it's closed? If so, I'm in for another 200 quatloos on that one.
    Place your bets on what time on Monday this discussion is closed. I got 500 quatloos on 10:20AM EST..... :p

    It depends on how many other comments are here after the arguments. I say 8:30 Eastern time.

    This thread has been amusing to me. It reminds me of my kids keeping a useless argument going to get the last word or to prove their point or because the other one started it. I'm certainly guilty of not following my own advice from time to time, but we tell our kids that they don't have to show up to every argument to which they're invited.

    I'll take 9:15am Eastern Daylight Time.
    And can I get 1:7 odds that Vesmer gets the last post before it's closed? If so, I'm in for another 200 quatloos on that one.

    My odds are on Shan having the last comment

    Well played. :D
    I meant besides Shan.

    Either way this one was a fun ride!

This discussion has been closed.