Voyages-the balance or the random chance

I know there was a thread on this a few months ago on the RNG on Voyages not dropping super rare items/crew. I am at a little over 9 hrs. low crew because I don't have any FF/FE 5*. So far 3 green and 3 blue for crew. 628 chrons, and 46 5* and 68 4* trainers. my highest on skills is Dip at nearly 3700, the rest fall into 2500-200 range. Normally by now I have got at least 1 purple, but no such luck. Seems like there was a change or do I just have too many purples not more than 1-2 *. 132/175 of my slots are purple. 22 gold, the rest below. I have 111 frozen 1-3*. My guess is the random chance is not giving any more purple since i have so many already.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• It doesn t matter at all how many purples you have, its pure RNG. Sometimes a 8h voyage gets you 4 purple crew, sometimes a 12h gets you zero.
    Fleet Vice-Admiral of [BAD] - BORG ASSIMILATION DRONES - ZOM[BAD] SQUAD
    We are RECRUITING: All kind of active players, no matter if newbie, veteran, spender or non spender.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random = Random

It does not look at your crew.

You can get a 9 hour voyage with multiple 4* crew and you can get a 9 hour voyage with no 4* crew. It's just how the dice roll.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that generally voyages that drop crew, drop a lot of crew but leas of other things. If it drops lots of chronitons, it drops chronitons. Similarly, it could be replicator rations. I find that a voyage randomly chooses to focus on one of the "good" rewards.
  • CB4_V'gerCB4_V'ger ✭✭✭
    I know there was a thread on this a few months ago on the RNG on Voyages not dropping super rare items/crew. I am at a little over 9 hrs. low crew because I don't have any FF/FE 5*. So far 3 green and 3 blue for crew. 628 chrons, and 46 5* and 68 4* trainers. my highest on skills is Dip at nearly 3700, the rest fall into 2500-200 range. Normally by now I have got at least 1 purple, but no such luck. Seems like there was a change or do I just have too many purples not more than 1-2 *. 132/175 of my slots are purple. 22 gold, the rest below. I have 111 frozen 1-3*. My guess is the random chance is not giving any more purple since i have so many already.

Any thoughts?

When Voyages 1st started, 4* crew, Replicator rations etc.. were dropping regularly, Then DB announced a small change to reduce the number of 1* crew dropping and and adjustment to the chronitons. The end result was 4* crew and replicator rations virtually dried up. There were many threads about it but DB refused to comment, it was all just our imagination.
  • This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...

rpec25zxz3mi.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...

rpec25zxz3mi.png

That is what I mean. Sometimes it dumps a bunch of crew, sometimes rations, sometimes an abundance of chronitons. I've looked for a pattern, but have not found one. It appears to be random, but if a voyage favors one thing, it will give almost none of another.
  • [Mirror] Sanoa[Mirror] Sanoa ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3
    This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...
    rpec25zxz3mi.png

I really never have seen anything like this in my game. I would have even disputed @Zom[BAD] Squirrel 's 4 purples after 8 hours. Sometimes (very rarely) after 12 but never at 8. RNG is a b***h.

My yesterday's voyage went for 9.5 hours and had 1 blue and 4 green, 430 chrons, 180 straight honor and nothing else noteworthy apart from 15 purple replications. This is my standard outcome with very few exceptions.
    Von wegen harmlos und flauschig! Die [Mirror] Tribbles rekrutieren wieder. Euch erwarten: Starbase lvl. 134, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before and i'll say it again it swings in runabouts.

In one of my voyages just the other day I got 8 purples from a 10 hour voyage another time 4 greens and 1 set of gold schematics - the only consolation was that it was the dilemma that usually gives you schematics and not the kind of dilemma that would normally drop a purple (although those also have been known to drop schematics instead as well).

Random is random... guarenteed, a purple, there is not.
    Activity Date 26-10-17 to present, Sqd. Ldr. Magnificent Treknicians - CURRENTLY RECRUITING! JOIN NOW.
    Immortals Legendaries: 24
    Coastal Trekkers [Recruiting] https://stt.wiki/wiki/Fleet_Coastal_Trekkers

DB Health Warning, prone to "Bicker"..... A LOT!
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭
    There is theory someone mentioned earlier in this forum that at the very beginning Voyage choose randomly different reward table and then rewards are different.
    1 gives you random 4 crew and some 3 or 2 crew and chrons and some honor
    1 gives you trainers and some 3 or 2 crew and more chrons and some honor
    1 gives you more 3 or 2 crew and chrons and more honor
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16
    Can we get some more characters from TAS?
    Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress
    • Amanda Rogers got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
    • Agmar
    USS NO - Join easy going fleet with Starbase lvl 127
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    There is theory someone mentioned earlier in this forum that at the very beginning Voyage choose randomly different reward table and then rewards are different.
    1 gives you random 4 crew and some 3 or 2 crew and chrons and some honor
    1 gives you trainers and some 3 or 2 crew and more chrons and some honor
    1 gives you more 3 or 2 crew and chrons and more honor

That theory is crazy. Why would DB build that extra random selection in? And it still doesn't account for voyages that drop 1 4* and others like the one above that drop a lot. And of course every Voyage drops chrons and honor. You had to tweak that theory for how much chron/honor it drops because there is always some.

The explanation is simple. Think about rolling a die. If you roll a 1 you get 4* crew. If you roll a 2-3 you get honor. If you roll 4-6 you get chrons.

Of course if you get a lot of crew you have fewer chrons/honor. Every time you randomly roll a 1 for crew that means you didn't roll chrons or honor. And similarly if you got no 4* crew that means you had other rolls that fell on chrons/honor instead.

There is no grand conspiracy. There is no complicated algorithm picking the type of Voyage at the start. It's simple RNG and the fact that RNG tends to clump more than people expect.
  • This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...
    rpec25zxz3mi.png

I really never have seen anything like this in my game. I would have even disputed @Zom[BAD] Squirrel 's 4 purples after 8 hours. Sometimes (very rarely) after 12 but never at 8. RNG is a b***h.

My yesterday's voyage went for 9.5 hours and had 1 blue and 4 green, 430 chrons, 180 straight honor and nothing else noteworthy apart from 15 purple replications. This is my standard outcome with very few exceptions.

I have gotten the 4 purples in 6-8 hrs, but not since the DB change. I was just curious if it was that or just RNG. Could be both IMO. Got Cost of Living at hour 10 so another star on new Antaak, and 670 chrons. 10 4* replicator rations and 58-5* and 68-4* trainers, which i causally go for in voyages. Now that I have so many purple maybe I can start finishing them off, maybe not.
  • RNG is soul crushing. It just is what it is... no logic.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.”
    —Mark Twain

MEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are Recruiting

Best Event Finish: #7 during Rule 125 Rerun

667 Immortalized (Not Counting Duplicates)

Honor Debt: Inconceivable, but maybe DB will take a personal check?
  • A bit off topic but today I had a 9 hour 53 minute voyage and the last 10 minutes I kept getting eng hazards over and over and the gold skill was dip and the silver was sec. I had an over 11000 score on dip and 10000 on sec so in theory I think if I had kept getting dip like I should've as it was the gold skill I would've had that 10 hour finish.... But nope, got eng I think 4 times in a row. Very annoying but I did get 3 purples from it *cough* all useless *cough*