Home Engineering Room

Cannot create a thread yet but have an issue? Please post here :)

13133353637

Comments

  • ShanShan admin
    When am I supposed to be able to create threads here?
    There's no info or welcome thread pinned anywhere with basic information like that. We could use one I think.

    There is information in your profile page about this, and I have now given you enough point to reach the proper rank to be able to create your own discussions.
    You will need to log out and then log back in however.

  • So when can we start a thread?
  • Is there any way to know how much people are we playing the game? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Just curios....
  • Hi! I get flickering on the opening intro. I don't know why android
  • ShanShan admin
    So when can we start a thread?

    You should be able to now.
    Being able to create a discussion is dependent of how recent your account is and its rank.
    Ranks can be obtained by gaining points, points are obtained by participating in existing discussions.

    And if needed, am I also available for help.

    These measures are necessary to avoid too many spammers and the havoc they can create.
  • ShanShan admin
    Galen1811 wrote: »
    Is there any way to know how much people are we playing the game? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Just curios....

    I do not have that info, sorry :)
  • ShanShan admin
    Ali-Sama wrote: »
    Hi! I get flickering on the opening intro. I don't know why android

    Hi and welcome!

    That is not much to go on.
    What type of device are you using?
    Are you able to play normally once you are in game?
  • Thanks also...Shan...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galen1811 wrote: »
    Is there any way to know how much people are we playing the game? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Just curios....

    You can get a ballpark estimate of active players by using the Arena area. If you go to Leaderboards and Rewards, then in the Ranked Rewards area, scroll down to the bottom, you will see how many players are currently playing in that division. The one with the most players is the Commander Division, with 100,280. However, there is probably a small percentage of otherwise active players who don't bother with the Arena, so I'd add on a few thousand to that.

    As far as inactive players, or ones who don't play very often at all, that's hard to gauge. It could be as much as double the number I gave above, I suppose.


    Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • And consider also that not everyone is playing the Commander division, Personally I only play the admiral division. Frees up crew space.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Ali-Sama wrote: »
    Hi! I get flickering on the opening intro. I don't know why android

    Hi and welcome!

    That is not much to go on.
    What type of device are you using?
    Are you able to play normally once you are in game?

    Yes. I tried it on both samsung galaxy tab S2 and s6. Both had flickering lines
  • Anyone having problems purchasing the new premium campaign reward track? I get the button for a split second for "9999" and then it disappears. I tried on multiple Android devices with the same result.
    dta9827l6fzm.png
    00zhflx394n4.png
  • Anyone having problems purchasing the new premium campaign reward track? I get the button for a split second for "9999" and then it disappears. I tried on multiple Android devices with the same result.
    dta9827l6fzm.png
    00zhflx394n4.png

    Having same problem, also on my Apple iPad.
  • ShanShan admin
    Anyone having problems purchasing the new premium campaign reward track? I get the button for a split second for "9999" and then it disappears. I tried on multiple Android devices with the same result.
    dta9827l6fzm.png
    00zhflx394n4.png

    Hi and welcome!
    This has now been resolved :)
  • Ok...thanks....Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Gib - Almirante Mariners ✭✭✭
  • I have a suggestion, a question and a comment on the earlier post on number of players.

    My suggestion is that you autosend an email when someone joins the forum telling them the procedures that are required to enable starting a new thread. I have been reading the forum for some time, Awesomed a post and commented on another but this is not enough.

    My question concerns Cadet Challenges. Once all the Cadet Challenges are completed at Epic level and I have VIP status, is it safe to freeze 2 and 3 star crew or will that stop the cadet challenges from autocompleting on warp?

    As people have said, the number of players is a slippery concept. Do you count people that open the app and then quit or do they have to reach a certain point to be counted? The number of players on any given day will be in a state of flux - players that get as far as the Arena might play for a day, a week or a month and then decide to stop and then it takes them at least 2 weeks to drop off the arena leaderboards. 100,000 from the Arena leaderboard is a possibility but looking at my (Open) fleet with 27 members I don't see anybody ranked over 50,000 for the last event. So perhaps somewhere between those two numbers would be the number of "regular" players?
  • ShanShan admin
    I have a suggestion, a question and a comment on the earlier post on number of players.

    My suggestion is that you autosend an email when someone joins the forum telling them the procedures that are required to enable starting a new thread. I have been reading the forum for some time, Awesomed a post and commented on another but this is not enough.

    My question concerns Cadet Challenges. Once all the Cadet Challenges are completed at Epic level and I have VIP status, is it safe to freeze 2 and 3 star crew or will that stop the cadet challenges from autocompleting on warp?

    As people have said, the number of players is a slippery concept. Do you count people that open the app and then quit or do they have to reach a certain point to be counted? The number of players on any given day will be in a state of flux - players that get as far as the Arena might play for a day, a week or a month and then decide to stop and then it takes them at least 2 weeks to drop off the arena leaderboards. 100,000 from the Arena leaderboard is a possibility but looking at my (Open) fleet with 27 members I don't see anybody ranked over 50,000 for the last event. So perhaps somewhere between those two numbers would be the number of "regular" players?

    Hi and welcome!

    If we were to send out an email with instructions, that would also allow spammers to circumvent our protections.

    It is not ideal, I know.
    However I can always be reached via private messages to help out as well, as I did now for you.
    It might require you to log out, log back in but you will now be able to create your own discussions.

    Cadet challenges: you can freeze your 2 and 3 star crew.
  • Many thanks.

    Yes, I understand - what seems clear to an outsider may not be what actually works in practice. Yes, I did have to log out and back in.
  • GD2JGD2J ✭✭
    edited April 28
    Cannot complete purchases. The buttons are greyed out and say "locked". I've tried logging out and back in again on my iPhone, but no change. All the dilithium purchase options are the same.

    o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg
  • ShanShan admin
    GD2J wrote: »
    Cannot complete purchases. The buttons are greyed out and say "locked". I've tried logging out and back in again on my iPhone, but no change. All the dilithium purchase options are the same.

    o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg

    Check your payment profile in itunes?
    Has something changed? Is your method of payment still valid? Parental controls maybe?

    Do you have the ability to log in on another platform by any chance?
  • TreesTrees ✭✭
    Hey there. It is April 29th - 1:30pm EST. I am unable to connect to the game - either on my iPad or iPhone. Are there any systems issues?
  • ShanShan admin
    Hey there. It is April 29th - 1:30pm EST. I am unable to connect to the game - either on my iPad or iPhone. Are there any systems issues?

    Hi and welcome!
    No issues on our end.
  • TreesTrees ✭✭
    Hey guys - I am unable to get logged into the game. It was working this morning, but not this afternoon. It says I have invalid credentials to log in - I even uninstalled and reinstalled game. Any guidance?
  • ShanShan admin
    Trees wrote: »
    Hey guys - I am unable to get logged into the game. It was working this morning, but not this afternoon. It says I have invalid credentials to log in - I even uninstalled and reinstalled game. Any guidance?

    How are you logging in? With an email address/password or your FB profile?
    These will be important details to share with support if this persists.
    You can contact them via sttsupport.tiltingpoint.com
  • GD2JGD2J ✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    GD2J wrote: »
    Cannot complete purchases. The buttons are greyed out and say "locked". I've tried logging out and back in again on my iPhone, but no change. All the dilithium purchase options are the same.

    o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg

    Check your payment profile in itunes?
    Has something changed? Is your method of payment still valid? Parental controls maybe?

    Do you have the ability to log in on another platform by any chance?

    Ended up googling "in app purchases not working" and logging out of itunes , restarting, and then logging in again seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.
  • ShanShan admin
    GD2J wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    GD2J wrote: »
    Cannot complete purchases. The buttons are greyed out and say "locked". I've tried logging out and back in again on my iPhone, but no change. All the dilithium purchase options are the same.

    o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg

    Check your payment profile in itunes?
    Has something changed? Is your method of payment still valid? Parental controls maybe?

    Do you have the ability to log in on another platform by any chance?

    Ended up googling "in app purchases not working" and logging out of itunes , restarting, and then logging in again seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

    You are welcome and I am glad it was an easy solution :)
  • A Marginal Victory skirmish event, Epic mode isn't displaying any available ships to select? (Normal and Elite are working)
  • ShanShan admin
    A Marginal Victory skirmish event, Epic mode isn't displaying any available ships to select? (Normal and Elite are working)

    What platform/device are you using?
  • Windows 10.
  • All I get is the Ad to purchase Featured Ships for the event. None of my Ships are available for selection.
Sign In or Register to comment.