Home The Bridge

A wild west glitch?

I just noticed that I haven't finished the wild west collection, although I've immortalized all crew in there. Has anybody else noticed that? Is it just a glitch or could a new wild west card be on the way?

49yvyqwg5aa1.jpg
«1

Comments

  • Mirror SanoaMirror Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating! We will see whether future brings a fix or a card. I would expect a new card to be more likely.
    Wir, die [Mirror]Tribbles haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps Wyatt Earp will be a Purple for March 19th Event
    Activity Date 26-10-17 to present, Sqd. Ldr. Magnificent Treknicians - CURRENTLY RECRUITING! JOIN NOW.
    Coastal Trekkers [Recruiting] https://stt.wiki/wiki/Fleet_Coastal_Trekkers

    TP: RAISE YOUR STANDARDS, NOT THE GAME INTO THE GROUND

    STAY SAFE and KBO
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it says "7/8" it does look like they're planning another card to go in there. But maybe it went "live" before it was supposed to.


    Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Maybe the new card will show up on someone’s Dabo wheel
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Maybe the new card will show up on someone’s Dabo wheel

    I went through the 4*/5* I ain't got. But, I might have missed it, if it is in the Vault.
    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's Gunslinger White Rabbit.

    I was hoping for Kaitee's suggestion until now!!!!!

    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add someone and then move the number needed for the final collection level that's moving the goalpost and unfair to everyone who hasn't reached it yet. It would also go against what they've done with all other collections. They've added crew but kept the number needed for the level the same so now there was an option on who you completed. Or they may have added a new level with extra rewards requiring extra crew. But an existing level should not suddenly need more crew than it did in the past.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    If they add someone and then move the number needed for the final collection level that's moving the goalpost and unfair to everyone who hasn't reached it yet. It would also go against what they've done with all other collections. They've added crew but kept the number needed for the level the same so now there was an option on who you completed. Or they may have added a new level with extra rewards requiring extra crew. But an existing level should not suddenly need more crew than it did in the past.

    There's also another reward level for the eighth card in there, which is the same as the seventh one.

    usjsf6a6bzgj.jpg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's Gunslinger White Rabbit.

    Maybe they could slap a cowboy hat on Reading Rambo? I’m always up for a new Geordi variant.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If they add someone and then move the number needed for the final collection level that's moving the goalpost and unfair to everyone who hasn't reached it yet. It would also go against what they've done with all other collections. They've added crew but kept the number needed for the level the same so now there was an option on who you completed. Or they may have added a new level with extra rewards requiring extra crew. But an existing level should not suddenly need more crew than it did in the past.

    There's also another reward level for the eighth card in there, which is the same as the seventh one.

    usjsf6a6bzgj.jpg

    Placeholder maybe? Copy/Paste until the new Rewards go live?
    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Mine is different on the main collection screen. It appears perfectly correct. But on the reward screen it is the same as posted above, incorrect count. Weird. I would guess different platforms glitch? And maybe this thread should be in engineering.
    ozb8otqjrddh.png
    ywdw1asqbj66.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cryovault ten all over again.
    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quell your fears and curiosities -
    DB, instead of updating a crew collection 4 weeks after introducing a new member, was proactive and updated a crew collection a few days before introducing the newest member. They have done this before. It's simply a case of good planning on their part.

    The newest member of the collection will probably be available on Tuesday.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    To quell your fears and curiosities -
    DB, instead of updating a crew collection 4 weeks after introducing a new member, was proactive and updated a crew collection a few days before introducing the newest member. They have done this before. It's simply a case of good planning on their part.

    The newest member of the collection will probably be available on Tuesday.

    If it’s Wild West T’Pol, there goes the dilithium I just bought today

  • Zom[BAD] Squirrel Zom[BAD] Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Frank? wrote: »
    To quell your fears and curiosities -
    DB, instead of updating a crew collection 4 weeks after introducing a new member, was proactive and updated a crew collection a few days before introducing the newest member. They have done this before. It's simply a case of good planning on their part.

    The newest member of the collection will probably be available on Tuesday.

    If it’s Wild West T’Pol, there goes the dilithium I just bought today

    It might not be enough, just saying. I once hunted for Pah-Wrath Keiko when she was the new Tuesday legendary. 35k dilithium before i gave up. Didn t get her. :D
    Fleet Vice-Admiral of [BAD] BORG ASSIMILATION DRONES - We are recruiting!
  • edited March 1
    i had that collection maxed.to have it unmaxed is not cool with me.whats the point of maxing one if they can say "nope not maxed " before adding crew.the collection should stay maxed and they can add crew without affecting its status as maxed.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    borg2004 wrote: »
    i had that collection maxed.to have it unmaxed is not cool with me.whats the point of point of maxing one if they can say "nope not maxed " before adding crew.the collection should stay maxed and they can add crew without affecting its status as maxed.

    Just wondering.... is there some 'advantage' in the daily game play to having a collection "maxed"? Other than just for the bragging rights? If you get another card added to place in a collection you get another 'bonus' when you do immort' it, right? (and that's what everybody here tells me collections are good for when I ask ... )

    What's the downside? I just can't see it. (Unless folk are just plain fibbing to me about the purpose of collections .... nah, couldn't be so!!! ;) )

    Serious question here ...
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

    My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    borg2004 wrote: »
    i had that collection maxed.to have it unmaxed is not cool with me.whats the point of point of maxing one if they can say "nope not maxed " before adding crew.the collection should stay maxed and they can add crew without affecting its status as maxed.

    Just wondering.... is there some 'advantage' in the game play to having a collection "maxed"? Other than just for bragging rights? If you get another card added to place in a collection you get another 'bonus' when you do immort' it, right? (that's what everybody here tells me collections are good for when I ask ... )

    What's the downside? I just can't see it.

    Serious question here ...

    I can’t see any downside as well.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those with a completionist personality this would be annoying. Of for those who worked to complete it only to have the feeling of completion ripped away. This game caters to those who pay to complete things, so I would assume many players would be mildly annoyed.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    OCD? ;) Okay, given that psychological premise, I could understand it from a personality aspect ... BUT ... it still, nonetheless, would yet remain just another goal to conquer ... so unfortunately I still "just can't see it" from the game standpoint and can see no reason to change the game structure to oblige it.

    (Believe me: no offense meant to Borg2004 of course)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

    My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Cuttysark wrote: »
    OCD? ;) Okay, given that psychological premise, I could understand it from a personality aspect ... BUT ... it still, nonetheless, would yet remain just another goal to conquer ... so unfortunately I still "just can't see it" from the game standpoint and can see no reason to change the game structure to oblige it.

    (Believe me: no offense meant to Borg2004 of course)

    not offended or anything. i ll try to explain it a little better.i have dedicated my gameplay to maxing the collections because its one of the few goals i have left in the game.i have 2 left (had). it is more of an ethical problem to me because once you say maxed its maxed and it should not be undone because you want to force people to play more and spend more to do sth they have already achieved.its like getting a medal and making you run the course again .it is not simply ocd because this also sets a precedent that they can do the same thing in the future with all the the collections and /or achievements.so why bother maxing collections if they are not going to stay that way? if they want to give rewards they can still add them and the new crew to that collection but at least the player has the option to not go after the new crew . for someone like me who is focused on completing them i see it as a way to try and force me to get the new crew and i dont like it.also by doing this my efforts in completing collections take a dent but thats beside the point .and if you want to add a level to a collection improve the rewards as well .they are giving the same rewards as the previous lvl of completion .for a long time player the rewards given are no longer that great. anyway its just my opinion and how i see this .i dont like it and thought i should say sth.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I know they haven't ever added children to the crew roster before (unless you count teenagers). However, I was wondering if maybe this will be the new addition to the cryollection...

    7ng6mjivzcw8.jpg


    Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭
    borg2004 wrote: »
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    OCD? ;) Okay, given that psychological premise, I could understand it from a personality aspect ... BUT ... it still, nonetheless, would yet remain just another goal to conquer ... so unfortunately I still "just can't see it" from the game standpoint and can see no reason to change the game structure to oblige it.

    (Believe me: no offense meant to Borg2004 of course)

    not offended or anything. i ll try to explain it a little better.i have dedicated my gameplay to maxing the collections because its one of the few goals i have left in the game.i have 2 left (had). it is more of an ethical problem to me because once you say maxed its maxed and it should not be undone because you want to force people to play more and spend more to do sth they have already achieved.its like getting a medal and making you run the course again .it is not simply ocd because this also sets a precedent that they can do the same thing in the future with all the the collections and /or achievements.so why bother maxing collections if they are not going to stay that way? if they want to give rewards they can still add them and the new crew to that collection but at least the player has the option to not go after the new crew . for someone like me who is focused on completing them i see it as a way to try and force me to get the new crew and i dont like it.also by doing this my efforts in completing collections take a dent but thats beside the point .and if you want to add a level to a collection improve the rewards as well .they are giving the same rewards as the previous lvl of completion .for a long time player the rewards given are no longer that great. anyway its just my opinion and how i see this .i dont like it and thought i should say sth.

    I have the opposite view.....I hope they continue to add to existing collections and add new ones. I would also like to see existing achievements extended as it gives me extra things to aim for.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally understand the mentality of "I already maxed it and now it's been un-maxed". Maxing collections is definitely a potential goal for long-time players, and the frustration of having the goalposts moved is real.

    That said, I think I prefer this situation (adding crew and reward tiers) than the maxed-but-growing collections (e.g., Live Long and Prosper, Common/Uncommon/Rare crew, etc.). A new crew is added, but there are no rewards for finishing them. If collection maxing is a personal goal, there's really no incentive for targeting "extra" crew in these collections other than to satisfy a OCD-like need.

    I don't see how they could realistically program a collection to be "maxed" while still adding reward tiers (the middle ground solution), so I'd say there's really no perfect answer here. Most players are going to prefer extra reward tiers (especially if they haven't yet maxed the collection).
  • Cuttysark wrote: »
    borg2004 wrote: »
    i had that collection maxed.to have it unmaxed is not cool with me.whats the point of point of maxing one if they can say "nope not maxed " before adding crew.the collection should stay maxed and they can add crew without affecting its status as maxed.

    Just wondering.... is there some 'advantage' in the game play to having a collection "maxed"? Other than just for bragging rights? If you get another card added to place in a collection you get another 'bonus' when you do immort' it, right? (that's what everybody here tells me collections are good for when I ask ... )

    What's the downside? I just can't see it.

    Serious question here ...

    I can’t see any downside as well.

    I can see how it is frustrating to some to be completed on a goal then they change the goal post And you self satisfaction of working hard to complete goes out the window. Im not sure maybe ? 50/50 bragging rights, but some genuinely feel robbed of Huge accomplishment to complete the collections.
    Having said that, i also know that we have been asking for more collections, thanks for “set sail”, and it is likely integrating new crew to existing collections also may be a part of a larger plan to give us what we asked for by combining both ideas. Maybe not exactly what we wanted, but its something.
    And of course this is all still speculative on a 7/8 possible some collections screens.
    Enjoy the ride. Everything isnt always perfect for everyone. But anything new is welcomed overal.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So, I know they haven't ever added children to the crew roster before (unless you count teenagers). However, I was wondering if maybe this will be the new addition to the cryollection...

    7ng6mjivzcw8.jpg

    I like this one! The 'deputy' should have a spot! After all he was a 'hero' in that episode! :)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

    My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Frank? wrote: »
    To quell your fears and curiosities -
    DB, instead of updating a crew collection 4 weeks after introducing a new member, was proactive and updated a crew collection a few days before introducing the newest member. They have done this before. It's simply a case of good planning on their part.

    The newest member of the collection will probably be available on Tuesday.

    If it’s Wild West T’Pol, there goes the dilithium I just bought today

    It might not be enough, just saying. I once hunted for Pah-Wrath Keiko when she was the new Tuesday legendary. 35k dilithium before i gave up. Didn t get her. :D

    I know. These Tuesday packs are such a cruel joke to play on us. Did it only once and it cost 26k for Talas. I really wanted Dark Empath Troi too but I restrained myself

  • I can see both sides of the argument. On the one hand, I really want to see more milestones added to the skill leveling collections. But on the other hand, I can see the frustration of completing Collections like Wild West and then having it reset with another crew. I wonder if the middle ground solution could be something like a badges section added, where we could get like public merit badges for certain accomplishments, like completing Collections. Something viewable by the community; ie, individual collections, 20h voyage, gauntlet rank 1, etc.

    @borg2004
    @Ishmael Marx
    What do you guys think of this?
Sign In or Register to comment.