Home The Holodeck

PSA: Stay safe and be kind. Be a raccoon: wear a mask, wash your hands :) And: have a good air flow!

191011121315»

Comments

• Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

It's been a weird celebration for me, but I put more thought into it than usual and spent more time on the phone with friends and relatives than on any other year, so it wasn't bad at all.
    And I hadn't made any DIY decorations for a Christmas tree in more than 20 years, but now I have a whole collection of them :lol:

I hope everyone here made the best of it too and that you're enjoying the holidays!

Also, Shan, I'm sorry that we gave you a hard time with the Adira situation in the other thread :(
  • We generally keep our holiday celebrations pretty small and low key to begin with. Last year was an exception, which means I'm about to hit the one year anniversary of seeing anyone on my side of the family in person. Certainly puts things into perspective.

It's been over a year for my wife's side of the family (last seen Thanksgiving), and they live lot closer. We do have a camping trip planned with them for next summer, since it looks like we should all be vaccinated by then.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.
  • Emperor Borg DroneEmperor Borg Drone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year!! :smiley:
  • Happy New Year to all
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people never learn, even with all that happened.

This weekend, the police put an end to a massive and illegal rave in Catalonia where around 300 people (some of them come from France and other European countries) had already been partying for over 40 hours. Of course without mask and without any regard for social distancing or safety restrictions, and consuming alcohol and drugs.

https://www.spainenglish.com/2021/01/03/catalan-police-rave-llinars-arrest-organisers/

Oh, and Catalonia has announced today a perimetral lockdown in all the municipalities of the region.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-01-04/catalonia-imposes-perimetral-lockdown-in-municipalities-in-bid-to-slow-coronavirus-spread.html

Here the number of infections have increased a lot in the last days, and the vaccination campaign going really slow, much more than expected, specially in Madrid and Catalonia.

By the way, Catalonia have regional elections in a month (February 14), and it's more than possible the result would be a total chaos.
    edited January 9
    Some people never learn, even with all that happened.

This weekend, the police put an end to a massive and illegal rave in Catalonia where around 300 people (some of them come from France and other European countries) had already been partying for over 40 hours. Of course without mask and without any regard for social distancing or safety restrictions, and consuming alcohol and drugs.

https://www.spainenglish.com/2021/01/03/catalan-police-rave-llinars-arrest-organisers/

Oh, and Catalonia has announced today a perimetral lockdown in all the municipalities of the region.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-01-04/catalonia-imposes-perimetral-lockdown-in-municipalities-in-bid-to-slow-coronavirus-spread.html

Here the number of infections have increased a lot in the last days, and the vaccination campaign going really slow, much more than expected, specially in Madrid and Catalonia.

By the way, Catalonia have regional elections in a month (February 14), and it's more than possible the result would be a total chaos.

That's sad :( I know that similar things happened in other countries too though. There was one huge rave in France and there were smaller ones in a lot of other places too. And here there are people who apparently give false names and wrong phone numbers for contact tracing :(

But on a lighter note, I really admire you for the way you deal with unexpected weather stuff in Spain :smiley:
    https://www.thelocal.es/20210109/more-snow-on-the-way-as-skiiers-hit-central-madrid
    edited January 9
    Haha, yeah. My favorite is the dogsled! This was last night.

It's the worst storm in 40 years, specially in Madrid.

This was yesterday morning.
    ak83lfbn4gjv.jpg

This was today.
    4k94chwrk0yy.jpg

This was in Campo de Criptana, a village of Castile La Mancha, the land of Don Quixote!
    tvkig6irzyol.jpg
    edited January 9
    Haha, yeah. My favorite is the dogsled! This was last night.

:D

Some of the pics I've seen look amazing, I wish we had some snow too!

I mean, I guess it's creating a lot of problems (here in Italy it almost never snows heavily, but when it does, it's a mess) but it's nice to see that people find ways to enjoy it :)

edited January 9
    Yeah, there are a lot of problems. Madrid airport closed, thousand of people trapped in their cars in many roads (all of them have been already rescued), the emergency services that can't reach the people because the ambulances can't drive, the Emergency Unit of the Army deployed in Madrid to quit the snow... The government asked the people to stay home.

Anyway, I see other curious and funny things on Twitter. Because it does't matter what happens, here everything could be used to joke around and play around.

Another video of the Madrid T-Rex, stuck in the street (the comments of the people are the best xD)

• In regards to recent events, I hope all down south in the US are staying safe... I’ll wave at you across the Canadian border 🖖🖖😃
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Check out my ‘Characters’ thread on the holodeck!

Currently XO of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 83
    Played since January 2017

Call me Colli!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living in Maryland . . . yeah, it's been something.

Not even a week, but it feels like ages.

But we just adopted a dog from the shelter, so she's been keeping us pleasantly distracted.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.
  • Living in Maryland . . . yeah, it's been something.

Not even a week, but it feels like ages.

But we just adopted a dog from the shelter, so she's been keeping us pleasantly distracted.

Aww welcome new doggo, and thank you for rescuing - pic? :D