Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Need for Speed - 05/14

123468

Comments

  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIP/MED is going to be a tough combo to fill with bonus crew

    Humbled Archer ... solid, even as a 1/5.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    DIP/MED is going to be a tough combo to fill with bonus crew

    Humbled Archer ... solid, even as a 1/5.

    I’m glad mine is 2/5*, and I have Mutated Paris on standby even though I am certain now that he won’t be necessary. I breezed through the kickstart but seem to recall a lot of ENG, SCI, and COM, with a little SEC and DIP and one MED slot that Bones ended up filling admirably.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we we are back to the Faction overkill. With this event to come 9 of the last 15 events have been Faction or part Faction. :|

    Indeed. My Fleet is not happy with this event at all. The Crew on offer excites No one and we are drained of boosts. We did fairly well in the last 2 Factions.
    The galaxy phase is the most important part of a faction/galaxy hybrid.

    You still need shuttle tickets and boosts for a hybrid.. you start to run out eventually. Even if you buy them. If you like Faction but don't like Galaxy for example, the Faction portion of a hybrid becomes far more important. When there are so many factions it becomes hard to have the resources to place highly enough to get a gold crew.
    I recommend finding a silver lining and getting some positivity flowing through your fleet.

    How would you suggest I do that? I have 0 control over their issues. I've heard many cited by my fleet, Among them. Events are boring and repetitive. The Crew on offer is (often) underwhelming. No new episodes. No changes to Gauntlet for a long time. Gauntlet is frustrating. Event Start times favor U.S. players over International players. Offers are too expensive or offer little of value. Portal is full of old useless crew that nobody wants. No new Starbase rooms, not enough to do. VIP has never been expanded, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. I think it boils down to the fact that everything is overpriced and grind is undervalued. Overall problem with the game as a whole. The game only works for people paying 10K a month or more. So for the rest of us it comes down to, Is the game fun and is it worthwhile playing. When there is a lot of repetition and little new content added people get bored. If they grind the whole weekend and only get a Super Rare or less they get frustrated. There are ways to make the game better but they NEVER happen (well almost never). Last change that made my fleet happy was the Campaign. If more sweeping changes like that were made I'm sure people would be happier. My fleet is currently unhappy and is showing it by boycotting this event. I'm gonna join them and support them. No money will be spent by me on this event. TP needs to Think about making some changes so more people can compete properly in events and get something worthwhile for their grind. If they don't people are gonna vote with their wallets. Mabye that means something to them.. mabye it doesn't. My fleet feels like this is what they want to do and I support them.

    Somewhat unrelated.. In my many years on this planet I have observed something. No matter how mediocre something is someone on the Internet will say it isn't.

    There is no downside from a player standpoint of making some positive changes to the game. Make us happy TP.


    I agree that the game is expensive for how little we're getting in return. Cheaper games have a new event type every other week, more content is added, more activities, and it's more new player friendly as there are often weekly events such as double xp or currency every few months.

    That being said, I'd like to point out that you're already getting your wish, STT is absolutely bleeding players and has been for the last two years, which is why the devs have been increasingly aggressively monetizing the game.

    However, this event is absolutely not worth spending a cent or boost on it. The highlight is the Super Rare this week and that's fine too, so while I do agree with the overall sentiment that we're not getting much for how much money we're asked to spend, this week isn't a great example.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭
    Fenris Seven also lacks the plot trait. If Rios, who has the trait, complements someone for their skill, then they should have the trait too. He would know a good pilot when he sees one.
    W.W. Carlisle
    Played since January 20, 2019
    Captain Level- 74 (October 4, 2020)
    VIP 13
    Crew Quarters: 369/370
    Most recent/Lowest- Science Officer Spock (1/5* Lvl 30) 10/5/20
    Immortalized x268- 5* x12, 4* x88, 3* x88, 2* x53, and 1* x27,
    Most recent - Q as "God" 5* 10/5/20
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have humbled Archer at 4/5 and he is a powerhouse in this event.

  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Seems we we are back to the Faction overkill. With this event to come 9 of the last 15 events have been Faction or part Faction. :|

    Indeed. My Fleet is not happy with this event at all. The Crew on offer excites No one and we are drained of boosts. We did fairly well in the last 2 Factions.
    The galaxy phase is the most important part of a faction/galaxy hybrid.

    You still need shuttle tickets and boosts for a hybrid.. you start to run out eventually. Even if you buy them. If you like Faction but don't like Galaxy for example, the Faction portion of a hybrid becomes far more important. When there are so many factions it becomes hard to have the resources to place highly enough to get a gold crew.
    I recommend finding a silver lining and getting some positivity flowing through your fleet.

    How would you suggest I do that? I have 0 control over their issues. I've heard many cited by my fleet, Among them. Events are boring and repetitive. The Crew on offer is (often) underwhelming. No new episodes. No changes to Gauntlet for a long time. Gauntlet is frustrating. Event Start times favor U.S. players over International players. Offers are too expensive or offer little of value. Portal is full of old useless crew that nobody wants. No new Starbase rooms, not enough to do. VIP has never been expanded, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. I think it boils down to the fact that everything is overpriced and grind is undervalued. Overall problem with the game as a whole. The game only works for people paying 10K a month or more. So for the rest of us it comes down to, Is the game fun and is it worthwhile playing. When there is a lot of repetition and little new content added people get bored. If they grind the whole weekend and only get a Super Rare or less they get frustrated. There are ways to make the game better but they NEVER happen (well almost never). Last change that made my fleet happy was the Campaign. If more sweeping changes like that were made I'm sure people would be happier. My fleet is currently unhappy and is showing it by boycotting this event. I'm gonna join them and support them. No money will be spent by me on this event. TP needs to Think about making some changes so more people can compete properly in events and get something worthwhile for their grind. If they don't people are gonna vote with their wallets. Mabye that means something to them.. mabye it doesn't. My fleet feels like this is what they want to do and I support them.

    Somewhat unrelated.. In my many years on this planet I have observed something. No matter how mediocre something is someone on the Internet will say it isn't.

    There is no downside from a player standpoint of making some positive changes to the game. Make us happy TP.


    I agree that the game is expensive for how little we're getting in return. Cheaper games have a new event type every other week, more content is added, more activities, and it's more new player friendly as there are often weekly events such as double xp or currency every few months.

    That being said, I'd like to point out that you're already getting your wish, STT is absolutely bleeding players and has been for the last two years, which is why the devs have been increasingly aggressively monetizing the game.

    However, this event is absolutely not worth spending a cent or boost on it. The highlight is the Super Rare this week and that's fine too, so while I do agree with the overall sentiment that we're not getting much for how much money we're asked to spend, this week isn't a great example.

    I disagree. You can get a free 4/5 every other month. You can accrue honor doing regular activities to make a legendary citation and get a free purple citation every month. It is true there are many offers people can buy but they do not have to to compete for top 1500 in events. Monthly card still provides good value for $4 a month for those that want to spend. They could get 6000 dilithium every two months and buy a score of mega event recap packs.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay. Harry is 💯, with the other three items already on. Immortalized when we get the Community copy.
    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    DIP/MED is going to be a tough combo to fill with bonus crew

    Humbled Archer ... solid, even as a 1/5.

    Crouching Archer, Hidden Torso ™

    I thought it was Crouching Archer, hidden log
    Activity Date 26-10-17 to present, Sqd. Ldr. Magnificent Treknicians - CURRENTLY RECRUITING! JOIN NOW.
    Coastal Trekkers [Recruiting] https://stt.wiki/wiki/Fleet_Coastal_Trekkers

    TP: RAISE YOUR STANDARDS, NOT THE GAME INTO THE GROUND

    STAY SAFE and KBO
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Seems we we are back to the Faction overkill. With this event to come 9 of the last 15 events have been Faction or part Faction. :|

    Indeed. My Fleet is not happy with this event at all. The Crew on offer excites No one and we are drained of boosts. We did fairly well in the last 2 Factions.
    The galaxy phase is the most important part of a faction/galaxy hybrid.

    You still need shuttle tickets and boosts for a hybrid.. you start to run out eventually. Even if you buy them. If you like Faction but don't like Galaxy for example, the Faction portion of a hybrid becomes far more important. When there are so many factions it becomes hard to have the resources to place highly enough to get a gold crew.
    I recommend finding a silver lining and getting some positivity flowing through your fleet.

    How would you suggest I do that? I have 0 control over their issues. I've heard many cited by my fleet, Among them. Events are boring and repetitive. The Crew on offer is (often) underwhelming. No new episodes. No changes to Gauntlet for a long time. Gauntlet is frustrating. Event Start times favor U.S. players over International players. Offers are too expensive or offer little of value. Portal is full of old useless crew that nobody wants. No new Starbase rooms, not enough to do. VIP has never been expanded, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. I think it boils down to the fact that everything is overpriced and grind is undervalued. Overall problem with the game as a whole. The game only works for people paying 10K a month or more. So for the rest of us it comes down to, Is the game fun and is it worthwhile playing. When there is a lot of repetition and little new content added people get bored. If they grind the whole weekend and only get a Super Rare or less they get frustrated. There are ways to make the game better but they NEVER happen (well almost never). Last change that made my fleet happy was the Campaign. If more sweeping changes like that were made I'm sure people would be happier. My fleet is currently unhappy and is showing it by boycotting this event. I'm gonna join them and support them. No money will be spent by me on this event. TP needs to Think about making some changes so more people can compete properly in events and get something worthwhile for their grind. If they don't people are gonna vote with their wallets. Mabye that means something to them.. mabye it doesn't. My fleet feels like this is what they want to do and I support them.

    Somewhat unrelated.. In my many years on this planet I have observed something. No matter how mediocre something is someone on the Internet will say it isn't.

    There is no downside from a player standpoint of making some positive changes to the game. Make us happy TP.


    I agree that the game is expensive for how little we're getting in return. Cheaper games have a new event type every other week, more content is added, more activities, and it's more new player friendly as there are often weekly events such as double xp or currency every few months.

    That being said, I'd like to point out that you're already getting your wish, STT is absolutely bleeding players and has been for the last two years, which is why the devs have been increasingly aggressively monetizing the game.

    However, this event is absolutely not worth spending a cent or boost on it. The highlight is the Super Rare this week and that's fine too, so while I do agree with the overall sentiment that we're not getting much for how much money we're asked to spend, this week isn't a great example.

    I disagree. You can get a free 4/5 every other month. You can accrue honor doing regular activities to make a legendary citation and get a free purple citation every month. It is true there are many offers people can buy but they do not have to to compete for top 1500 in events. Monthly card still provides good value for $4 a month for those that want to spend. They could get 6000 dilithium every two months and buy a score of mega event recap packs.

    I think you stopped to my first sentence and then decided to answer. I'm not talking about the alleged value of offers but about how little game development we're getting in return such as new activities. They're doing the bare minimum.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I get frustrated with events? Yes, but am I improving? Also yes. I can now run a decent Voyage (got my fourth Lucien today!) and still fill three of four shuttles. I try to set reachable goals and focus on strategy.
    This event I will:
    * Get all 4 copies of Kim
    * Rank high enough to be able to fully fuse my Tusk. Mayweather
    * Keep equipping and leveling my pilots and variants of Kim and Mayweather so I maintain a full shuttle load in Phase 1 (haven't managed it before)
    * Have Voyages out for Chrons for Phase 2
    * Reassess why if any of these fail

    Being able to identify progress is always rewarding, even if it's just in something as trivial as a game. I dunno what your crew is like, but 4/4 Tuskegee Mayweather did a lot of heavy lifting for me for quite some time in ENG slots on shuttles. Could be helpful for you going forward.

    Oh man, did Tuskegee Mayweather last a lot longer as a daily crew option than I ever could have imagined. Once upon a time, the only remotely useful ENG/COM crew I had other than him was a partially-fused RAF O’Brien...only a handful of 4* shuttle crew lasted longer, one of which was Mirror Mayweather.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭
    I like games- board, card, video, even word games, but rarely have a playmate. Single player or online games are what I have left. A competitive streak and OCD can be a bad combination. I play every event to win, though, so far, I haven't even managed the 5*. Best has been three of the 4* twice- last week with Fugitive Burnham and Safecracker Nog a while back.
    For ENG, Determined Janeway (Immort.) and Seven in Silver (FE and 2/5) are my workhorses. Professor Scott (Immort.) sees a lot of use in Voyages during events. ENG has become my weak area, as MED blew past it. I've been working on my MED. With Soji, AoS Troi, and Tee Time Doc all getting immortalized recently and Rev. Phlox and the new McCoy coming up, plus Qod 4/5* lvl 90, that is pretty solid. Have a couple solid ENG at the top, but no depth. Liason Torres (Immort.) is still in my top ten for that stat. I have some promising coming up, but glad to hear Tusk. Mayweather might be a help when he's filled out. Currently, 1/4* lvl 90 and needing three pieces of equipment before rolling over to the next tier of lvls.
    Hoped the equipment crates would help, but I haven't been able to buy the Premium Campaign Track yet. Before it said I was cancelling it, now I get nothing since today's update for Kindle fire 🔥.
    Undercover O'Brien and other variants will get attention after this event, so maybe it will help. I think Klingon O'Brien is 4/4 mid-80s. He's been used a lot for DIP on love when Prof. Salt is unavailable. He's my second best who can still use the XP. Not sure where my Undercover O'Brien stands. Mid-pack likely. Not high enough to be on Voyages and shuttles regularly, but not low enough that I'm actively using him either - so 65-80 would be my guess.
    Mirror Mayweather is coming along too. Looks like my roster might have a couple nice additions to the trait upper levels with some more work.
    W.W. Carlisle
    Played since January 20, 2019
    Captain Level- 74 (October 4, 2020)
    VIP 13
    Crew Quarters: 369/370
    Most recent/Lowest- Science Officer Spock (1/5* Lvl 30) 10/5/20
    Immortalized x268- 5* x12, 4* x88, 3* x88, 2* x53, and 1* x27,
    Most recent - Q as "God" 5* 10/5/20
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    Is phase 2 not starting for other people or is it just me? I get the dialogue but it sends me to the shuttle missions, not the galaxy builds. Rehitting the event button only repeats the dialogue.
  • Gul DuhanGul Duhan ✭✭
    I have the same problem....
  • Same here.
  • Darth GrandpaDarth Grandpa ✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    Same here.
    Restarting the game didn't help.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Is phase 2 not starting for other people or is it just me? I get the dialogue but it sends me to the shuttle missions, not the galaxy builds. Rehitting the event button only repeats the dialogue.

    Yea seems it's a problem.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we will get a nice compensation for it.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    There we go; all’s well again! 😃
  • Prime Lorca [10FH]Prime Lorca [10FH] ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 out of 6 full faction events?
    Co-admiral and forum recruiter
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website: https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    Chat with us on Discord: https://discord.gg/frPd24t
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 out of 6 full faction events?

    They are the money makers. People buy packs to finish their super rare. Whales buy boosts.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 out of 6 full faction events?

    They are the money makers. People buy packs to finish their super rare. Whales buy boosts.

    Plus, they make those shuttle requisition tokens in the campaign valuable.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 out of 6 full faction events?

    They are the money makers. People buy packs to finish their super rare. Whales buy boosts.

    Plus, they make those shuttle requisition tokens in the campaign valuable.

    Yes, I think profitability is the main reason we see so few expedition events. Very few buy any extra tickets as the number of tickets is already tedious and most do not fully complete each ticket. If they reduced the number of tickets a day from 3 to 2 and put the number of missions to 3 I think the event would be more profitable. For those that like the difficulty of expeditions Tilting Point could increase the amount crew members get tired to balance it.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Community Reward Mayweather completed my third Timelines Original! Yay, Collection Reward!
    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.