Home The Bridge

WRG: dont advertise discrimination based on where you live.

edited March 18 in The Bridge
Dear decision makers at WRG.

Please do not send in-game announcements of events which discriminate against people in certain regions or otherwise.

I know you see nothing wrong with giving some players 10 times the reward then others for the same effort or denying them the chance at all.

Yes I am talking about the offer wall, and specifically you sending an in-game message about doubled rewards.

Rewards are not doubled in all regions and it is WRG sending this message and rubbing it in that i am discriminated against.

It makes it even more painful that now USA players have a chance at many times ten thousands of dilitium which they can use in the next pvp event to get the spock reward.
And buy the kirk with packs.

I used a vpn to check and usa players can now start offers worth hundreds of thousands dilitium. While in thailand the total value of offers is under 3000 dilitium for all offers combined
.

Some animals are more equal then others.
This is making pvp impossible to win if you are not based in certain regions.

Pure discrimination.
And worse l, you are proud of it and advertise it in an in game message to all players.



«1

Comments

  • Emperor Borg Drone (AR)Emperor Borg Drone (AR) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    I don't use the offer wall, so this makes no difference to me.

    But it does annoy me how often the company seems to forget about the existence of players who live outside of the US or North America, when developing and implementing features. It feels like the time and money we spend on the game is worth less to them.
  • ShanShan admin
    There is no geographical restriction for the promotion, however it does depend on whether or not advertisers are interested and this can impact what offers can be seen in any region at any given time.

    I hear your concerns and they have been forwarded to the team, however it is not something that will change and there will likely be other promotions of this kind that will be communicated by in-game mail as well.
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Your problem OP is that even if the rewards weren't doubled - say you can get a max of 1.5k dil vs someone in America getting 50k, you're still not 'competitive' in your mind. Plus, most of these offers include weeks/months of grinding and/or spending money so you could have spent that money/time in STT so you really are not missing out, trust me. Plus discrimination means treating the people in the same position differently which doesn't apply here.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game crashes whenever I even look at the wall, literally, so I just forget it exists. I'm in the US and it is effectively unavailable to me. I assume this is a Kindle fire specific problem, but I don't know any other players having the same problem for certain. Lots of players are overlooked for one reason or another.
    W.W. Carlisle
    Played since January 20, 2019
    Captain Level- 82 (March 9, 2021)
    VIP 14
    Crew Quarters: 429/430
    Most recent/Lowest- Mirror Beverly Crusher (1/5* Lvl 40) 3/12/21
    Immortalized x-393 5* x29, 4* x193, 3* x89, 2* x55, and 1* x27,
    Most recent Immortal - Smuggler Kasidy Yates 4* 2/11/21- 55th of the year and 47th purple
    Current non-event project- Improving my Medical skill, core and proficiency, and freeing slots by immortalizing my FF MED crew and freezing the unhelpful- only 7 to go! Edith Keeler, Vic Fontaine, Mutated Paris, Grandmother Kes, Dr. Toby Russell, Anij, and Sybok. Engineering will be next.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    I did some of those offers with 1000 or more dilithium and got absolutely 0 so based on my experience even if you see them it doesn't mean you will also get what's advertised.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭
    PavelH wrote: »
    Your problem OP is that even if the rewards weren't doubled - say you can get a max of 1.5k dil vs someone in America getting 50k, you're still not 'competitive' in your mind. Plus, most of these offers include weeks/months of grinding and/or spending money so you could have spent that money/time in STT so you really are not missing out, trust me. Plus discrimination means treating the people in the same position differently which doesn't apply here.

    I realise all that.

    But i feel that although spending and non spending player issues are somewhat recognised and wrg at least says they try to do things for vip0.

    When it comes to regional differences their reaction is just **tsk tsk** you.

    While it is very possible to make the playing field somewhat more equal I feel the issue is just ignored.

    There are games with regional adjusted prices/rewards. Rotating event times so all regions have a "best beginning time" sometimes.

    This whole thing is only realy hurting because of pvp.

    If someone can pull 10 times more packs it does not affect my chance of a legendary in my pull.

    But if he can spend 20 times more dilitium it lowers my chance of getting rank 1500.
    Especially if in the wake of such a sale they launch the best crew in years. ( I will still skirmish and pull packs if needed, i saved)

    Its like giving basketball team usa one more player then team India in a basketball game.

    Offer wall and how it works has added a new advantage to certain players.

    We now have
    Playing players vs Vip0
    Good offerwall countries vs non worse offerwall countries.

    Android vs non android.

    Maybe its time to make it less pvp.
    Offer legendaries as 4m or 6m solo rewards instead of giving groups a big advantage.

    Or make them fleet rewards, squadron rewards even.

    I like skirmishes. Why? Because I do not need to rank for it to be useful. I can equip my crew with a huge discount.
    I love to play timelines. I spend hours a day on it. But I like a fairer playing field in pvp.
    A rigged game is no fun.









    Then stop playing. Don't forget to make an I'm quitting thread.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    There is no geographical restriction for the promotion, however it does depend on whether or not advertisers are interested and this can impact what offers can be seen in any region at any given time.

    I hear your concerns and they have been forwarded to the team, however it is not something that will change and there will likely be other promotions of this kind that will be communicated by in-game mail as well.


    As for goegraphical problems, please note when there is a promotion for US indipendence day, there is no promotion for India's indipendence day. When there is a promotion for US thanksgiving, there is no promotion for Canada's thanksgiving. Amazingly, this is the only game I ever played where there is no promotion for Lunar New Year (the most celebrated holiday on the planet), possibly because it is not a US holiday. This game does tend to include the US user base whilst ignoring those outside the US.

    I wont go into the time zone problems as I have pointed these out before and I am aware that the game needs to base it's time zone somewhere.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    BarnBurner wrote: »
    PavelH wrote: »
    Your problem OP is that even if the rewards weren't doubled - say you can get a max of 1.5k dil vs someone in America getting 50k, you're still not 'competitive' in your mind. Plus, most of these offers include weeks/months of grinding and/or spending money so you could have spent that money/time in STT so you really are not missing out, trust me. Plus discrimination means treating the people in the same position differently which doesn't apply here.

    I realise all that.

    But i feel that although spending and non spending player issues are somewhat recognised and wrg at least says they try to do things for vip0.

    When it comes to regional differences their reaction is just **tsk tsk** you.

    While it is very possible to make the playing field somewhat more equal I feel the issue is just ignored.

    There are games with regional adjusted prices/rewards. Rotating event times so all regions have a "best beginning time" sometimes.

    This whole thing is only realy hurting because of pvp.

    If someone can pull 10 times more packs it does not affect my chance of a legendary in my pull.

    But if he can spend 20 times more dilitium it lowers my chance of getting rank 1500.
    Especially if in the wake of such a sale they launch the best crew in years. ( I will still skirmish and pull packs if needed, i saved)

    Its like giving basketball team usa one more player then team India in a basketball game.

    Offer wall and how it works has added a new advantage to certain players.

    We now have
    Playing players vs Vip0
    Good offerwall countries vs non worse offerwall countries.

    Android vs non android.

    Maybe its time to make it less pvp.
    Offer legendaries as 4m or 6m solo rewards instead of giving groups a big advantage.

    Or make them fleet rewards, squadron rewards even.

    I like skirmishes. Why? Because I do not need to rank for it to be useful. I can equip my crew with a huge discount.
    I love to play timelines. I spend hours a day on it. But I like a fairer playing field in pvp.
    A rigged game is no fun.









    Then stop playing. Don't forget to make an I'm quitting thread.

    You are part of the problem. The game and community would be much better off if it was YOU who quit playing. “Im quitting thread” or not, Comment moderated. ~Shan

    Let’s agree to disagree. Though you won’t agree to that. So let’s disagree to agree to disagree.
  • BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    BarnBurner wrote: »
    PavelH wrote: »
    Your problem OP is that even if the rewards weren't doubled - say you can get a max of 1.5k dil vs someone in America getting 50k, you're still not 'competitive' in your mind. Plus, most of these offers include weeks/months of grinding and/or spending money so you could have spent that money/time in STT so you really are not missing out, trust me. Plus discrimination means treating the people in the same position differently which doesn't apply here.

    I realise all that.

    But i feel that although spending and non spending player issues are somewhat recognised and wrg at least says they try to do things for vip0.

    When it comes to regional differences their reaction is just **tsk tsk** you.

    While it is very possible to make the playing field somewhat more equal I feel the issue is just ignored.

    There are games with regional adjusted prices/rewards. Rotating event times so all regions have a "best beginning time" sometimes.

    This whole thing is only realy hurting because of pvp.

    If someone can pull 10 times more packs it does not affect my chance of a legendary in my pull.

    But if he can spend 20 times more dilitium it lowers my chance of getting rank 1500.
    Especially if in the wake of such a sale they launch the best crew in years. ( I will still skirmish and pull packs if needed, i saved)

    Its like giving basketball team usa one more player then team India in a basketball game.

    Offer wall and how it works has added a new advantage to certain players.

    We now have
    Playing players vs Vip0
    Good offerwall countries vs non worse offerwall countries.

    Android vs non android.

    Maybe its time to make it less pvp.
    Offer legendaries as 4m or 6m solo rewards instead of giving groups a big advantage.

    Or make them fleet rewards, squadron rewards even.

    I like skirmishes. Why? Because I do not need to rank for it to be useful. I can equip my crew with a huge discount.
    I love to play timelines. I spend hours a day on it. But I like a fairer playing field in pvp.
    A rigged game is no fun.









    Then stop playing. Don't forget to make an I'm quitting thread.

    You are part of the problem. The game and community would be much better off if it was YOU who quit playing. “Im quitting thread” or not, just gtfo.

    Let’s agree to disagree. Though you won’t agree to that. So let’s disagree to agree to disagree.

    How about this:

    Comment moderated. ~Shan This forum has been labeled by wrg as the official place for players to provide feedback to the developers, which is precisely what this thread is doing.

    Comment moderated. ~Shan. Heres a news flash: its not your job to play defense. Comment moderated. ~Shan
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you're trying, so I will award you one point.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭
    But that being said, I'm out.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Agreeing to disagreeing is a great option, and can be done without resorting to personal attacks.

    Thanks, Shan. You earn infinite points.
  • Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    There is no geographical restriction for the promotion, however it does depend on whether or not advertisers are interested and this can impact what offers can be seen in any region at any given time.

    I hear your concerns and they have been forwarded to the team, however it is not something that will change and there will likely be other promotions of this kind that will be communicated by in-game mail as well.


    As for goegraphical problems, please note when there is a promotion for US indipendence day, there is no promotion for India's indipendence day. When there is a promotion for US thanksgiving, there is no promotion for Canada's thanksgiving. Amazingly, this is the only game I ever played where there is no promotion for Lunar New Year (the most celebrated holiday on the planet), possibly because it is not a US holiday. This game does tend to include the US user base whilst ignoring those outside the US.

    I wont go into the time zone problems as I have pointed these out before and I am aware that the game needs to base it's time zone somewhere.

    To be fair, they actually did do a Lunar New Year offer last year (I remember Emperor Georgiou and everything was 8s). But your point is correct, this game is very US centric.
  • Would I like more holiday including non-US? Sure. But the key point is when they do a holiday sale or in game Offer (at least to my knowledge and maybe I’m wrong) but the LTOs, the portal packs, etc, or whatever fair for anyone to access.

    The issue for me is the St Patrick’s sale is not uniform. Not everyone has access to it. Again to reiterate, standard game functionality it’s understood platform differences but to issue sales based against the constraints is another matter in my opinion.
  • BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Agreeing to disagreeing is a great option, and can be done without resorting to personal attacks.

    Thanks, Shan. You earn infinite points.

    Agreed, thanks Shan.

    But, Jenos, you started the personal attacks so you get negative infinite points.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna take me awhile to dig myself out of that hole.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The not evenly applied issue does bother me, but I wonder if it has something to do with the forced upgrade for Android earlier this year. They shouldn't have tied that to a holiday though. Could Android users not be using the wall much and they decided to try double offers as an incentive?
    W.W. Carlisle
    Played since January 20, 2019
    Captain Level- 82 (March 9, 2021)
    VIP 14
    Crew Quarters: 429/430
    Most recent/Lowest- Mirror Beverly Crusher (1/5* Lvl 40) 3/12/21
    Immortalized x-393 5* x29, 4* x193, 3* x89, 2* x55, and 1* x27,
    Most recent Immortal - Smuggler Kasidy Yates 4* 2/11/21- 55th of the year and 47th purple
    Current non-event project- Improving my Medical skill, core and proficiency, and freeing slots by immortalizing my FF MED crew and freezing the unhelpful- only 7 to go! Edith Keeler, Vic Fontaine, Mutated Paris, Grandmother Kes, Dr. Toby Russell, Anij, and Sybok. Engineering will be next.
  • Is there a picture of these huge offers if you live in America?
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    I totally agree about that being an issue, since it clearly affects the game and event balance as well.

    „Discrimination“ wouldn t be a term of my choice though.

    Hmmm.🤪🤔.....Wasnt it just recently that players got banned for punching an avail button due to a programming error by WRG? This continued free claim was stated to have given those players an unfair advantage and caused an imbalance in the game. Wasnt that the basic initial reaction? As i recall?
    So the offer wall to certain players but not all is pretty much an unfair advantage and causes and unfair imbalance to gameplay? Everyone playing should have the same opportunity to the same special offers and/or rewards.

  • BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    I totally agree about that being an issue, since it clearly affects the game and event balance as well.

    „Discrimination“ wouldn t be a term of my choice though.

    Hmmm.🤪🤔.....Wasnt it just recently that players got banned for punching an avail button due to a programming error by WRG? This continued free claim was stated to have given those players an unfair advantage and caused an imbalance in the game. Wasnt that the basic initial reaction? As i recall?
    So the offer wall to certain players but not all is pretty much an unfair advantage and causes and unfair imbalance to gameplay? Everyone playing should have the same opportunity to the same special offers and/or rewards.

    Yep. 100% dead on accurate.
  • Darth SkippyDarth Skippy ✭✭✭✭
    the answer for all this anti-American sentiment, lol

    USA baby!

    8nj3fg5p7vno.png
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    PavelH wrote: »
    Your problem OP is that even if the rewards weren't doubled - say you can get a max of 1.5k dil vs someone in America getting 50k, you're still not 'competitive' in your mind. Plus, most of these offers include weeks/months of grinding and/or spending money so you could have spent that money/time in STT so you really are not missing out, trust me. Plus discrimination means treating the people in the same position differently which doesn't apply here.

    I realise all that.

    But i feel that although spending and non spending player issues are somewhat recognised and wrg at least says they try to do things for vip0.

    When it comes to regional differences their reaction is just **tsk tsk** you.

    While it is very possible to make the playing field somewhat more equal I feel the issue is just ignored.

    There are games with regional adjusted prices/rewards. Rotating event times so all regions have a "best beginning time" sometimes.

    This whole thing is only realy hurting because of pvp.

    If someone can pull 10 times more packs it does not affect my chance of a legendary in my pull.

    But if he can spend 20 times more dilitium it lowers my chance of getting rank 1500.
    Especially if in the wake of such a sale they launch the best crew in years. ( I will still skirmish and pull packs if needed, i saved)

    Its like giving basketball team usa one more player then team India in a basketball game.

    Offer wall and how it works has added a new advantage to certain players.

    We now have
    Playing players vs Vip0
    Good offerwall countries vs non worse offerwall countries.

    Android vs non android.

    Maybe its time to make it less pvp.
    Offer legendaries as 4m or 6m solo rewards instead of giving groups a big advantage.

    Or make them fleet rewards, squadron rewards even.

    I like skirmishes. Why? Because I do not need to rank for it to be useful. I can equip my crew with a huge discount.
    I love to play timelines. I spend hours a day on it. But I like a fairer playing field in pvp.
    A rigged game is no fun.









    Then stop playing. Don't forget to make an I'm quitting thread.

    Not necessary. This person is making a fair, evidence based plea for fairness. You are way out of line.
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    There is no geographical restriction for the promotion, however it does depend on whether or not advertisers are interested and this can impact what offers can be seen in any region at any given time.

    I hear your concerns and they have been forwarded to the team, however it is not something that will change and there will likely be other promotions of this kind that will be communicated by in-game mail as well.


    As for goegraphical problems, please note when there is a promotion for US indipendence day, there is no promotion for India's indipendence day. When there is a promotion for US thanksgiving, there is no promotion for Canada's thanksgiving. Amazingly, this is the only game I ever played where there is no promotion for Lunar New Year (the most celebrated holiday on the planet), possibly because it is not a US holiday. This game does tend to include the US user base whilst ignoring those outside the US.

    I wont go into the time zone problems as I have pointed these out before and I am aware that the game needs to base it's time zone somewhere.

    This is totally accurate. I understand that a lot of things are U.S. based or targeted, but there should be fair more inclusion for a property as diverse and inclusive as Star Trek.
    BarnBurner wrote: »
    PavelH wrote: »
    Your problem OP is that even if the rewards weren't doubled - say you can get a max of 1.5k dil vs someone in America getting 50k, you're still not 'competitive' in your mind. Plus, most of these offers include weeks/months of grinding and/or spending money so you could have spent that money/time in STT so you really are not missing out, trust me. Plus discrimination means treating the people in the same position differently which doesn't apply here.

    I realise all that.

    But i feel that although spending and non spending player issues are somewhat recognised and wrg at least says they try to do things for vip0.

    When it comes to regional differences their reaction is just **tsk tsk** you.

    While it is very possible to make the playing field somewhat more equal I feel the issue is just ignored.

    There are games with regional adjusted prices/rewards. Rotating event times so all regions have a "best beginning time" sometimes.

    This whole thing is only realy hurting because of pvp.

    If someone can pull 10 times more packs it does not affect my chance of a legendary in my pull.

    But if he can spend 20 times more dilitium it lowers my chance of getting rank 1500.
    Especially if in the wake of such a sale they launch the best crew in years. ( I will still skirmish and pull packs if needed, i saved)

    Its like giving basketball team usa one more player then team India in a basketball game.

    Offer wall and how it works has added a new advantage to certain players.

    We now have
    Playing players vs Vip0
    Good offerwall countries vs non worse offerwall countries.

    Android vs non android.

    Maybe its time to make it less pvp.
    Offer legendaries as 4m or 6m solo rewards instead of giving groups a big advantage.

    Or make them fleet rewards, squadron rewards even.

    I like skirmishes. Why? Because I do not need to rank for it to be useful. I can equip my crew with a huge discount.
    I love to play timelines. I spend hours a day on it. But I like a fairer playing field in pvp.
    A rigged game is no fun.









    Then stop playing. Don't forget to make an I'm quitting thread.

    You are part of the problem. The game and community would be much better off if it was YOU who quit playing. “Im quitting thread” or not, Comment moderated. ~Shan

    @Jenos Idanian, you are way out of line in this thread. The fact that I'm on the side of @BarnBurner, who I have no love loss for, speaks volumes.
  • Shan wrote: »
    There is no geographical restriction for the promotion, however it does depend on whether or not advertisers are interested and this can impact what offers can be seen in any region at any given time.

    I hear your concerns and they have been forwarded to the team, however it is not something that will change and there will likely be other promotions of this kind that will be communicated by in-game mail as well.[/
    That is strange since there are games on the offerwall here. For instance the RAID offer is doubled in the USA (from 12k+ to 24k+ dilitium). While the same game and requirements here are not doubled and only pay 1k+.

    So the message that offerwall rewards were doubled was factually wrong here.

    You might want to phrase future messages about region specific things like
    "During the ... Period rewards are doubled if you reside in a region where this applies" .
    That is more honest.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    There is no geographical restriction for the promotion, however it does depend on whether or not advertisers are interested and this can impact what offers can be seen in any region at any given time.

    I hear your concerns and they have been forwarded to the team, however it is not something that will change and there will likely be other promotions of this kind that will be communicated by in-game mail as well.
    That is strange since there are games on the offerwall here. For instance the RAID offer is doubled in the USA (from 12k+ to 24k+ dilitium). While the same game and requirements here are not doubled and only pay 1k+.

    So the message that offerwall rewards were doubled was factually wrong here.

    You might want to phrase future messages about region specific things like
    "During the ... Period rewards are doubled if you reside in a region where this applies" .
    That is more honest.

    Communications, and the lack thereof, have been a source of consternation here in the forums for lo these many years. I hope that Shan and her teammates will not only take note of your politely worded suggestion, but also act upon it, soon™️.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." -- Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
Sign In or Register to comment.