Home The Bridge

Which of the Magnificent Ferengi should be added next?

Prime Lorca [10FH]Prime Lorca [10FH] ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 28 in The Bridge
There is one good DIP option for Ferengi voyagers - Stranded Quark. (FYI, DIP is the only voyage skill with a possible bonus trait of Ferengi.) There is one mediocre option for Ferengi voyagers with DIP - Tuxedo Nog.

I had a CMD/SEC voyage today with a Ferengi seat. Tuxedo Nog is about 350 points below my newly immortalized Human Saru. Somewhere along the way, I did some math and decided that somewhere between 240-320 points, it is not worth it to match the trait. Nog only makes voyages when it's DIP/ENG and there's a Ferengi seat. Any other time, there's better options. Nog is great for collections, so I don't regret citing him or anything like that, but that's a whole other conversation.

Anyway... We need a new legendary 3-skill Ferengi crew for voyages in that DIP seat. Quark can hold down ENG and MED voyages, so we need someone with DIP plus two of the following: SEC, CMD, and SCI. While discussing it with a few of my friends, @bylo band said that the Magnificent Ferengi episode of DS9 https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Magnificent_Ferengi_(episode) would be perfect. I tend to agree. They would pretty much all have a combo of CMD/DIP/SEC. A very boring combo 99% of the time, but if a good Ferengi had it... will it could be useful. Especially if that Ferengi were main cast or had a recurring role imo, but there's some fun options for one-time appearances.

Here's some of the main Ferengi from that episode who I think would be good options.

Which of the Magnificent Ferengi should be added next? 55 votes

Magnificent Quark
5%
Prime Lorca [10FH]{PTC} Kennybenny 3 votes
Magnificent Rom
10%
pbertZombie Squirrel DavideBooksIshmael MarxProontTop Man [Wolf 359] 6 votes
Magnificent Nog
9%
[QH] Oxmyx(HGH)ApolloTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)PeetsSonja 5 votes
Magnificent Brunt
27%
Nad Haldext74MidspeedGrand-Nagus-BruntJayBeezyrobownage (TP - Test your Product)MicrohopperDesmaniacFF_FounderFox Van VoxWeyoun 69-{Punisher}-[BAD][CH] 76 suitedTrollitaSteve Levy 15 votes
Prisoner Ishka (Moogie)
3%
PhotonKimMister Flibble 2 votes
Eliminator Leck
25%
AviTrek[KM]VidemInquisitor Troi-RikerLjofa[DC] Picard Loves RedsKatlaBylo BandThorozar Veterinary PhloxLore's data of Data lore +FH+EnderWMonArkHemlock MartinisChuck S Darwin [Space Monkeys] 14 votes
Magnificent Gaila
3%
John Luck PikkardCroakerBC 2 votes
Other Ferengi (specify below)
14%
IvanstoneHaBlackCommander SinclairMirror CartmanNoblemanDKUluruST_DreadnoughtJimBerlin 8 votes
Forum recruiter for [10F], +FH+, and [10FA]
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Chat with us on Discord: https://discord.gg/hg8ZRyn

Comments

• Prime Lorca [10FH]Prime Lorca [10FH] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent Quark
    Personally, I like Quark. But I will readily admit that Magnificent Brunt, Prisoner Ishka, and Eliminator Leck would be great additions to the game as well. :)
  • Magnificent Brunt would get my vote! He can really pull off the magnificent part!
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭
    Daimon Bok and First Officer Kazago
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16
    Can we get some more characters from TAS?
    We finally have Caitians in the game!
    Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress
    • Amanda Rogers got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
    • Agmar
    • M'yra
    USS NO - Join easy going fleet with Starbase lvl 134
  • Magnificent Nog
    Always happy for more Nog, and haven’t gotten a new one in a while :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Check out my ‘Characters’ thread on the holodeck!

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 86
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

• MonArkMonArk ✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    The Magnificent Ferengi is one of my all-time favorite episodes. Leck is one of the more colorful characters who has yet to make an appearance in Timelines, so I'm going with him.
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    We need Arridor and Kol from the episode "False prophets"
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    Leck is one of my favorite ferengi.

He'd also give us a SEC primary ferengi, and potentially one with MED to reflect his anatomical knowledge.

Nog would probably be an ENG/MED/SEC, and if so he'd be the first ENG/MED or MED/ENG without a SCI tertiary.

Gaila is tremendously fun, although his skills wouldn't stand out the same way. Probably a DIP primary, maybe a little SEC to represent his knowledge as a weapon's dealer, but with a low proficient due to his utter ineptitude using them.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct answer is none.

Get rid of the Ferengi bonus from voyages, and then we can freeze or throw the Ferengi out of the airlock.

• TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭
    Magnificent Brunt
    Brunt is sick in the head, and I think we need more Brunt. Lul.
    Magnificent Quark
    Magnificent Brunt would get my vote! He can really pull off the magnificent part!
    Trollita wrote: »

As a Jeffrey Combs fan, Brunt is definitely my second choice. :)
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭
    Magnificent Brunt
    Magnificent Brunt would get my vote! He can really pull off the magnificent part!
    Trollita wrote: »

As a Jeffrey Combs fan, Brunt is definitely my second choice. :)

I confess my vote for Brunt was a vote for Mr. Combs, lul.

And I just realized we don’t have a Tiron in this game. This is such a sadness! We could have a brand-new “Creep” polestar introduced, just for him! :D
    ni4gylz9f69c.jpeg

• Eliminator Leck
    Personally, I like Quark. But I will readily admit that Magnificent Brunt, Prisoner Ishka, and Eliminator Leck would be great additions to the game as well. :)
    Personally, I favor putting them all in the game as part of a Magnificent Ferengi II mega! Please!
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    We need Arridor and Kol from the episode "False prophets"

i would love these two
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent Nog
    All of them!
    Let’s fly!
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Are there only 3 Ferengi in the universe?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    Personally, I favor putting them all in the game as part of a Magnificent Ferengi II mega! Please!

I like the way you think :)
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliminator Leck
    All I can do is think the thoughts, I have no power to make them happen :)
  • Magnificent Brunt

Quark is my favorite DS9 character, but it would be awesome to have a 5 star Brunt!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent Rom
    Went with Rom since his current game cards are showing their age, power-wise, especially compared to Quark and Nog. But honestly, any of them would be fine with me.

Wait, do we only have one Brunt card? He played a bigger role than that in DS9. OK, my second nominee is Brunt.
    edited April 30
    Magnificent Quark
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Mirror Ferengi should be next.

All of their art should be them dying horribly.

As a big fan of Mirror characters and new love of crew in multiple stat-boosting collections, I fully support this idea. :D

Kind of cool to see Brunt and Leck with a pretty significant lead.
  • SonjaSonja
    edited May 2
    Magnificent Nog
    Lumba Quark (Profit and Lace episode)
    dwahsyln0ke5.jpg

Or a lovely couple: Ishka and Zek
    czz3dekv60ax.jpg

I like Ferengi. Hoping for more Ferengi events!

• JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Ferengi Away Team

Flavor Text: Hiss!

thelastoutpost_hd_352.jpg?format=750w
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being that we don't have a version of Leck or Gaila in the game yet, I think it might unfair to make them instant power cards.

I'm going to tangent a bit and say Dr. Arridor, as he is one of the only Ferengi physicians we know of, and he is a crossover between 2 series.

As a MED/DIP/SCI Ferengi, he could be a powerhouse to Voyages.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    Magnificent Quark
    Being that we don't have a version of Leck or Gaila in the game yet, I think it might unfair to make them instant power cards.

I'm going to tangent a bit and say Dr. Arridor, as he is one of the only Ferengi physicians we know of, and he is a crossover between 2 series.

As a MED/DIP/SCI Ferengi, he could be a powerhouse to Voyages.

I wouldn't be mad at Leck being a power card. Gaila I'll definitely concede, though. Dr. Arridor would be a great addition. Good call there.
  • SonjaSonja
    edited May 3
    Magnificent Nog
    DaiMon Tog (TNG - Menage a Troi episode)
    1w36wzopim3y.jpg
    vxpah3wbhuvs.jpg
    8vhix7v9d00n.png