Home Engineering Room

screen rotation on motorola edge

I find that my phone doesn’t always rotate the game appropriately. Sometimes it rotates fine, other times not. I haven’t found any pattern in it. It is probably specific for my phone as I don’t have the issue on my tablet or on my previous phone and my phone has non-standard screen dimensions (2340 x 1080)
phone: motorola edge
android 11

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes my game resumes upside down after I watch an ad on my Kindle. There are so many glitches...you could have a different one every day for a year.
    W.W. Carlisle
    Played since January 20, 2019
    Captain Level- 90 (September 2021)
    VIP 14
    Crew Quarters: 445/445 +5
    Most recent/Lowest- EDF Adira (1/5* Lvl 30) 10/8/21
    Immortalized x-570+ 5* x47, 4* x360, 3* x90, 2* x56, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal - Geskana Tucker 4* 10/7/21
    Current non-event project- Improving my Medical skill, core and proficiency, and freeing slots by immortalizing my FF MED crew and freezing the unhelpful- only 4 to go! The Keeper, Apollo, Bajoran Culber, and Desert Jake Sisko. Science will be next.
  • Dragen wrote: »
    I find that my phone doesn’t always rotate the game appropriately. Sometimes it rotates fine, other times not. I haven’t found any pattern in it. It is probably specific for my phone as I don’t have the issue on my tablet or on my previous phone and my phone has non-standard screen dimensions (2340 x 1080)
    phone: motorola edge
    android 11

Thank you for providing the screenshots and referencing the unusual resolution.
    It is a beautiful phone.

After the notch, indentation, now the screen spilling on the sides, what will they come up with next.
    I will submit a report.
  • DragenDragen ✭✭
    edited October 19
    Thanks for the response, shan.
    Makes me realise that I didn’t mention that I changed the settings of the phone such that the curved part of the screen (on the sides) is not used for Timelines.
  • Dragen wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, shan.
    Makes me realise that I didn’t mention that I changed the settings of the phone such that the curved part of the screen (on the sides) is not used for Timelines.

It sounds like this might be a specific issue for this device and android 11, are you experiencing the same issue with other apps/games that are also natively in landscape mode?