Home The Bridge

Objective Event REQUIRES RESTART of Game before Registering Objectives

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
Perhaps this is a known bug already, but the "Prepare For" Objective Event requires a restart of the game/app in order for the Event to appear in the Event Hub and, worse, to register objective goals. If you happened to be playing at 12:00am and say, did you Cadet Challenges at the turnover, thinking they'd register towards the up front Cadet Challenges goal, you will be sorely disappointed.

This problem occurs both on iOS and Facebook.
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    Perhaps this is a known bug already, but the "Prepare For" Objective Event requires a restart of the game/app in order for the Event to appear in the Event Hub and, worse, to register objective goals. If you happened to be playing at 12:00am and say, did you Cadet Challenges at the turnover, thinking they'd register towards the up front Cadet Challenges goal, you will be sorely disappointed.

    This problem occurs both on iOS and Facebook.

    I always restart the app just in case this is a thing. I've learned that from another game I play that will reset some stuff but not everything at reset time.
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scottergun wrote: »
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Perhaps this is a known bug already, but the "Prepare For" Objective Event requires a restart of the game/app in order for the Event to appear in the Event Hub and, worse, to register objective goals. If you happened to be playing at 12:00am and say, did you Cadet Challenges at the turnover, thinking they'd register towards the up front Cadet Challenges goal, you will be sorely disappointed.

    This problem occurs both on iOS and Facebook.

    I always restart the app just in case this is a thing. I've learned that from another game I play that will reset some stuff but not everything at reset time.

    Good idea. That said, this should be something the game designers should fix with either an Objective Event countdown in the hub or, you know... just make it work properly at midnight EST.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for documentation. Note the Objective Event and Cadet ticket counts:

    bz3hmwn861g5.png
    zc5pwu6mosxy.png
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • LowCostMonkeyLowCostMonkey ✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Doh, I made the same mistake. Oh well, should still be able to get it completed tomorrow at least thanks to Ad Warps.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't necessarily have to restart the game. If you go into the event hub that's generally enough to force the game to refresh the event list and acknowledge that the objective event has started. But it's easy to forget to do that too.

    Hopefully this will be fixed once WRG figure out how to get OEs to preview properly in the event hub.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    wf72s8qyrj3b.jpg
    ee9tlqcoa9ra.jpg

    This keeps happening when I max a crew and it does not get credit for the event. My level ups were already around 80% (if there is a prereq) before I even pulled for the new guy. Happened last week also. It's minor but annoying.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (AR)Emperor Borg Drone (AR) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    You don't necessarily have to restart the game. If you go into the event hub that's generally enough to force the game to refresh the event list and acknowledge that the objective event has started. But it's easy to forget to do that too.

    Hopefully this will be fixed once WRG figure out how to get OEs to preview properly in the event hub.

    Not always. This morning I entered the event hub a few times before I gave up and decided to restart.

    Having to restart is not a big deal, as long as people remember that there is an objective event and that they might have to check the event hub first. But if they forget it's not great for the cadet challenges objective, especially on platforms with no ads.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    I also learned the hard way that if a crew member is immortalized upon the final objective fusion, it only counts the fusion, not the immortalization. I find this odd, since technically the fusion happens first, which results in the immortalization. I wound up having to burn a citation to immortalize another crew, which was frustrating.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    wf72s8qyrj3b.jpg
    ee9tlqcoa9ra.jpg

    This keeps happening when I max a crew and it does not get credit the event. My level ups were already around 80% (if there is a prereq) before I even pulled for the new guy. Happened last week also.

    Strange, because it did give me credit when I immortalized but forgot to claim the previous tier. That inconsistency is concerning.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost ran into this issue. I woke up and checked the events before doing anything and found it not listed. Restarted and it was there. Thanks for the reminder.
  • wf72s8qyrj3b.jpg
    ee9tlqcoa9ra.jpg

    This keeps happening when I max a crew and it does not get credit for the event. My level ups were already around 80% (if there is a prereq) before I even pulled for the new guy. Happened last week also. It's minor but annoying.

    You had already completed the other two Tasks? If Leveling was already done, and the Fusing was already done, it should count. Had you collected the other two Tasks and then Immortalized him? Like go into the Event Hub and collect the others, then Immortalize? Only thing I can think of people has said is a thing.

    But, congrats on FtM!


    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    wf72s8qyrj3b.jpg
    ee9tlqcoa9ra.jpg

    This keeps happening when I max a crew and it does not get credit the event. My level ups were already around 80% (if there is a prereq) before I even pulled for the new guy. Happened last week also.

    Strange, because it did give me credit when I immortalized but forgot to claim the previous tier. That inconsistency is concerning.

    That's how all targets work. You clear it regardless of if you claim it. And then you can claim all of them later. It's the same as doing 20 away missions at once. You don't need to claim 10 away missions before you can do the second 10.

    In your case, you did the fusion which unlocked the immortalization. Then you could immortalize. After that you could go and claim both.

    If I'm planning to level, fuse, and immortalize the same crew, I make sure to keep the crew at 99 so I can get the fusion first before immortalizing. This week the Picard I earned was my 5th copy but he was already FE at 100. So I fused the extra Tylers for the fusion objective and only then did I fuse Picard to trigger the immortalization.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Scottergun wrote: »
    wf72s8qyrj3b.jpg
    ee9tlqcoa9ra.jpg

    This keeps happening when I max a crew and it does not get credit for the event. My level ups were already around 80% (if there is a prereq) before I even pulled for the new guy. Happened last week also. It's minor but annoying.

    You had already completed the other two Tasks? If Leveling was already done, and the Fusing was already done, it should count. Had you collected the other two Tasks and then Immortalized him? Like go into the Event Hub and collect the others, then Immortalize? Only thing I can think of people has said is a thing.

    But, congrats on FtM!


    Yes fusing was done and so was leveling/close to it anyways (lower greens earlier in the day). But not backing out and hitting claim. So maybe that's the work around.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So to follow up, CS says I leveled and then used citations on that crew and somehow that isn't what is asked to do? Seems like a bug. Here is the pre reqs from my other account. Seems pretty logical that you level, then fuse 3 times, then if immortal, it is the 3rd step.tjdp29itjfsg.jpg

    Seems like a bug if I have to restart before the final immortal.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time, I merged and leveled the crew that caused them to be immortalized. But because I didn't go in and collect before I immortalized the crew, I had to immortalize a second crew. I didn't overly worry about it since I have several close enough to immortalized. However, I now make certain I only do one step at a time and collect before the next step. Good luck.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    So as a final update, I mis remembered last week when I FTMd Saru. They are saying it did credit. However I used the same method (level to 100, use citations) and did not back out to hit claim (like I thought might be a bug) but the difference is 4 citations were used vrs the 3 today. CS claims it's not a bug so idk, it was probably the week before that I forgot didn't get credit for a purple immortal.

    Clearly I can't get these things to credit.
  • ScottergunScottergun ✭✭
    edited January 12
    Does it strike anyone else as a little odd that the Objective Event to "Prepare for a Galaxy Event" has TWO Tasks that use a good amount of Chronitons? Do 40 Away Missions and Do 40 Space Battles.

    It's almost like the people designing stuff for the game never played the game........
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭
    This happened to me too. I'm on Android. I did all the cadets, then checked the event hub, and the objective event wasn't there. So I restarted, and then the event popped up but the cadet missions hadn't been counted. (Which to me is very weird, shouldn't it be on the server side, even if the client UI is for some reason out of date? That would seem much safer.)
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    wf72s8qyrj3b.jpg
    ee9tlqcoa9ra.jpg

    This keeps happening when I max a crew and it does not get credit the event. My level ups were already around 80% (if there is a prereq) before I even pulled for the new guy. Happened last week also.

    Strange, because it did give me credit when I immortalized but forgot to claim the previous tier. That inconsistency is concerning.

    That's how all targets work. You clear it regardless of if you claim it. And then you can claim all of them later. It's the same as doing 20 away missions at once. You don't need to claim 10 away missions before you can do the second 10.

    In your case, you did the fusion which unlocked the immortalization. Then you could immortalize. After that you could go and claim both.

    Right, and it worked for me but apparently not for This Sisko. The fact that it's not working consistently is a bit concerning.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    wf72s8qyrj3b.jpg
    ee9tlqcoa9ra.jpg

    This keeps happening when I max a crew and it does not get credit the event. My level ups were already around 80% (if there is a prereq) before I even pulled for the new guy. Happened last week also.

    Strange, because it did give me credit when I immortalized but forgot to claim the previous tier. That inconsistency is concerning.

    That's how all targets work. You clear it regardless of if you claim it. And then you can claim all of them later. It's the same as doing 20 away missions at once. You don't need to claim 10 away missions before you can do the second 10.

    In your case, you did the fusion which unlocked the immortalization. Then you could immortalize. After that you could go and claim both.

    Right, and it worked for me but apparently not for This Sisko. The fact that it's not working consistently is a bit concerning.

    This Sisko is a different case. You need to meet the requirement before doing the next one. But you don't need to claim it.

    Assuming a 5* crew
    You can level to 100
    Then fuse 3 times for the fusion objective
    Then fuse a 4th time for immortalization fit that objective

    You don't need to claim in between

    But if it's a 4* crew
    You can level to 100
    Fuse 3 times for the fusion objective.
    That will not trigger the immortalization objective because it was locked when you did that last fuse.

    For the 4* in that case, you need to do something to keep the card un immortal. So missing an item or level 99. Then you can fuse 3 times to unlock the immortal objective, and then do the final bit to immortalize the crew.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying this is clear in game or a good design. It's clearly a confusing design.

    But it is being consistent.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the simultaneous action of a fuse into an immortal isn't allowed apparently. I reported it as a bug but got told it's a feature...
  • Joe Sage2Joe Sage2 ✭✭
    edited January 14
    Ah, that explains why I thought I had my 4-star fused to meet both 3 fuses & IMM'g, but then the IM didn't go through & I had to IMM a 2nd. Will definitely try to go to 99 1st , 4 star, then IMM.
  • All of the comments above reflect why some players simply don’t bother with objective events.
Sign In or Register to comment.