Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy/Faction Event - Radio Silence - 2022-01-20

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Sadly,Union Q is only a worse version of Ezri.
    No gauntlet use for me und too low bases.
    Collection wise, both cover 3. But Ezri is way more useful(at least to me).
    With just a little higher bases or Profs, he would have been more appealing.
    Chance missed. 😏
    f24e8wj7gqer.jpeg
    quwxq8pviflp.jpeg

[BAD] BORG ASSIMILATION DRONES & •WATCHMEN•
  • edited January 12
    Agreed. Loving the Cutler, and the Enterprise love in general recently. (Kov, Syrran, and now Cutler). Now bring me a game-breaking Shran and we're good.
  • Yeah, Cutler! Great stats for a purple, three collections, and we get four copies! :Happy dance: Plus, with that "Explorer" title I have hope of another variant someday. This is the 'Strange New World' variant. There *has* to be a version with MED. She was a medic, Phlox's nurse, and filled in his hibernation.
    Poor locked out W.W. Carlisle
  • I am all in for Cutler, I've been waiting for her to be added
  • I am all in for Cutler, I've been waiting for her to be added

I have as well.
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭
    Great SR card! Great gauntlet card.
    Also, three great factions which is good for my faction items.

This is going to be a very competitive event. I hope I can get one gold.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭
    Faction as the second phase is not ideal. Having it in the first phase allows for two full sets of doubled rewards, plus the bonus shuttles which can be opened before the changeover.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Faction as the second phase is not ideal. Having it in the first phase allows for two full sets of doubled rewards, plus the bonus shuttles which can be opened before the changeover.

The problem is also that a lot of folks work/ go to school on Thursday and Friday.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand what is meant by the part I put in italics. Is my brain slow right now, or have I been missing out on a hidden bonus mechanism?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand what is meant by the part I put in italics. Is my brain slow right now, or have I been missing out on a hidden bonus mechanism?

I think this is a reference to the ability to run shuttles during the first 12 hours of Phase 2 for points.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13

If it’s in the first phase, I can send out sets of shuttles with the 9-hour rewards on the second night and collect them on the third morning (after the first phase has finished). I can also leave a bunch of shuttles open and run them after the first phase ends.

Having it in the second phase prevents both and significantly cuts down the points which can be gained from the faction phase.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it now, thx. :)
    (and I do these things too, so I’m happy to not be missing a trick!)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    I would find it helpful if the faction(s) in a hybrid event were listed in the event rules, as is done in a regular faction event.

Insert this information ...
    "Event Faction
    Federation, Augments, Borg"

... in any of these:
    mlveequir692.png
    2gk15hpa9p25.png
    xzftjzbnbn4f.png
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." -- Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust