Mess Hall clarification

Can someone from DB please confirm what the new "Mess Hall" room does?

The official announcement says it reduces the "credit cost" of replicating.
But the in-game text specifically says it reduces the "fuel cost".

We've been told in the past that we should trust the in-game text when it conflicts with official announcements. Is that the case here?

Comments

• The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I didn't even notice that! If it's fuel cost and not credit cost that is pretty lame... If it's both then it's epic!
    Stolen from Kaitee: "Captain Klaa - My headcanon is he's Klingon Lego Batman, he cruises around in his Bird of Prey headbanging to heavy metal songs he wrote about himself."
  • @Shan @Black Pebble Just came here to ask this question myself after tossing the question out to my fleet mates on Discord.
  • I didn't even notice that! If it's fuel cost and not credit cost that is pretty lame... If it's both then it's epic!

I would side with you on it being lame if it is replicator fuel and not credits. I am sure DB would be called out on it heavily if it is fuel since it is so easy to get via voyages and schematics. I personally could go 6+ months with no replicator fuel from voyages and most likely still have some schematics and replicator fuel left over.
  • I didn't even notice that! If it's fuel cost and not credit cost that is pretty lame... If it's both then it's epic!

I would side with you on it being lame if it is replicator fuel and not credits. I am sure DB would be called out on it heavily if it is fuel since it is so easy to get via voyages and schematics. I personally could go 6+ months with no replicator fuel from voyages and most likely still have some schematics and replicator fuel left over.

I know right! I have something like 3200 Purple Replicator Rations and the same in Blue. It's the credits that are killing me.
    Stolen from Kaitee: "Captain Klaa - My headcanon is he's Klingon Lego Batman, he cruises around in his Bird of Prey headbanging to heavy metal songs he wrote about himself."
  • V.V. ✭✭✭
    i'd much rather have it be a reduction in fuel.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Moving this to Engineering Room.

This room reduces the credit cost and the in-game text will be corrected to reflect that.
    Thank you for pointing it out!
  • Shan wrote: »
    Moving this to Engineering Room.

This room reduces the credit cost and the in-game text will be corrected to reflect that.

You're awesome! Thank you @Shan !
  • @The Great Gornholio -10% isn't much considering that we are getting 3 more uses and for me that adds up to 8 per day. I try not to replicate anything higher than 0-1* items, so I can usually make more from dailies, arena, gauntlet, voyages and missions than what I normally use for replication.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Moving this to Engineering Room.

You're awesome! Thank you @Shan !

@Shan I second this. Thank you for the clarification.
  • @The Great Gornholio -10% isn't much considering that we are getting 3 more uses and for me that adds up to 8 per day. I try not to replicate anything higher than 0-1* items, so I can usually make more from dailies, arena, gauntlet, voyages and missions than what I normally use for replication.

I'm just excited for both! 8 Replications per day will be EPIC. Also, I craft a LOT of 5* items so the 10% will help me quite a bit too. 25k off 5* items adds up lol
  • The little icon in the game has the credit icon on it even.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    The little icon in the game has the credit icon on it even.

Yes but they're always telling us to trust the in-game text on things like portal contents.
  • True. I just meant that it made sense it was a text error in game. Release notes and icon > in game text or if they have 2 out of 3 saying the same thing I'd hope the 2 is correct.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    Trusting the in game comments, it appears you can get all manner of interesting rewards I.ve never seen on Voyages. Just click the little I in a circle on the voyages screen to see an ever changing array of sample items you can't have.