Assignment recommendation: Ophiucus III
It’s Commander Branch again, the chief personnel officer at Starbase 63. As you may recall, we’re near a recurrent temporal anomaly, one of the more stable in this universe, and as a result we have a steady supply of displaced personnel, many of them well-suited to jobs in this universe. My job is to orient newly arrived refugees and find work for those willing and able to lend a hand to Starfleet at this difficult time.
There are, however, some special assignments which Starfleet Command has asked me to forward to you and some of the other captains running point during this temporal crisis. In each case I’ve compiled a dossier of potential candidates, and am looking for your recommendation for this difficult assignment.
We previously spoke about a diplomatic assignment in the neutral zone, for which you recommended Professor Hoshi Sato.
The seventh of these assignments is an emergency situation, an outbreak of Leutscher virus on Ophiucus III. There is an immediate need for medical help, both in treatment of the virus, and in ensuring that it does not reach other worlds.
- Doctor Sarah April, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise. She was the first doctor to hold that position, and pioneered many innovations and procedures that would become standard on Federation exploratory vessels, even designing her own medical instruments. Her primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and engineering.
- 21st Century Beverly Crusher, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise-E. This highly capable doctor crossed over to our timeline after a covert assignment on 21st century Earth. Her primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in command and security.
- Beowulf Doctor, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Voyager. Perhaps the most accomplished hologram in Starfleet history, he crossed over to our timeline after entering the Beowulf program to rescue several of the Voyager crew. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in security and command.
- Doctor Elias Giger, formerly a research scientist specializing in the search for immortality. His willingness to consider unorthodox methods led to him being hounded by what he calls “the soulless minions of orthodoxy.” His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and engineering.
- Doctor Jeremy Lucas, formerly the senior medical director of Cold Station 12. An experienced physician who participated in the Interspecies Medical Exchange, he has experience both as a doctor and an administrator. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary ability in science.
- Doctor M’Benga, formerly the acting chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise. An experienced Starfleet officer who trained on Vulcan, he was capable of handling both emergency situations and autopsies. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and command.
Assignment recommendation: Ophiucus III 68 votes
Hey! You will be signed out in 60 seconds due to inactivity. Click here to continue using the site.