Voyages Guide or Crew List?

I’ve doing lots of voyages, especially for the chronitons, but I can’t seem to even reach 3 hours. I understand some of what I need, for example the skills that are next to a gold or silver star are what is needed the most. Here is my main question, is there a list of who would be good at voyages? Who is the best at them? I don’t want to have to spend dilithium on the voyages. At least not until I have the max crew slots and shuttles. If I knew which of my crew is the best on my team for voyages I could spend the chronitons and honor I get on trying to FFFE them first since that is what I want to improve first.

Also, any other tips on how to improve the voyages?

Thanks!

Comments

  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve doing lots of voyages, especially for the chronitons, but I can’t seem to even reach 3 hours. I understand some of what I need, for example the skills that are next to a gold or silver star are what is needed the most. Here is my main question, is there a list of who would be good at voyages? Who is the best at them? I don’t want to have to spend dilithium on the voyages. At least not until I have the max crew slots and shuttles. If I knew which of my crew is the best on my team for voyages I could spend the chronitons and honor I get on trying to FFFE them first since that is what I want to improve first.

    Also, any other tips on how to improve the voyages?

    Thanks!

    We’d need a list of your crew to do that. There is a general list of the best in descending order, but if your voyages aren’t making it to 3 hours, I doubt you have any of the top ones.

    But a big recommendation is to level up crew with three skills, and if you don’t have many fully fused crew, those with higher proficiencies will have higher voyage scores at low fuse levels.
  • Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My big problem is that I have many 5, 4 and 3* star crew that are still below 40 or 50. Like I said I just started to really play. I had accumulated many crew members and I wasn’t sure where to start. I mostly started with my 1 2 and 3 star crew since they seemed like they would take less time and I didn’t have a lot of that. I’ll post a list of my crew shortly.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My big problem is that I have many 5, 4 and 3* star crew that are still below 40 or 50. Like I said I just started to really play. I had accumulated many crew members and I wasn’t sure where to start. I mostly started with my 1 2 and 3 star crew since they seemed like they would take less time and I didn’t have a lot of that. I’ll post a list of my crew shortly.

    Ah, I see what you mean. I believe one of the spreadsheets on here has a complete list of total voyage scores for FF/FE 4*s and 5*s.

    The problem there, though, is that many of the cadets aren’t really worth keeping outside of the freezer, once you get your 4*s and 5*s leveled.

    Do you have 5* ships? They’re very helpful, seeing as 2500 AM is nearly enough for two hours of failing all hazards.

    Edit: Here’s the link to the thread with the spreadsheet.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/43/stt-level-100-spreadsheet/p1
  • Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My big problem is that I have many 5, 4 and 3* star crew that are still below 40 or 50. Like I said I just started to really play. I had accumulated many crew members and I wasn’t sure where to start. I mostly started with my 1 2 and 3 star crew since they seemed like they would take less time and I didn’t have a lot of that. I’ll post a list of my crew shortly.

    Ah, I see what you mean. I believe one of the spreadsheets on here has a complete list of total voyage scores for FF/FE 4*s and 5*s.

    The problem there, though, is that many of the cadets aren’t really worth keeping outside of the freezer, once you get your 4*s and 5*s leveled.

    Do you have 5* ships? They’re very helpful, seeing as 2500 AM is nearly enough for two hours of failing all hazards.

    Edit: Here’s the link to the thread with the spreadsheet.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/43/stt-level-100-spreadsheet/p1

    I was going to start with the cadet missions at first but I’m finding it long to do without as many chronitons as I’d want. Hence the voyages now. I have a few 5* star ships the one I use now has 2300 antimatter.

    As soon as they are FFFE they are frozen.

  • Here are my 5 and 4 * crew

    5* (all 1/5*)

    Level 40
    - Beowulf Kim
    - Mirror Regent Worf

    Level 30
    - Suus Mahna Serek
    - Will Scarlett
    - Mariachi Q

    Level 20
    - Mirror Jean-Luc Picard

    4*

    FFFE
    - Bridge Officer Troi

    4/4*

    Level 70
    - Drone 7 of 9

    3/4*

    Level 30
    - Marla McGivers

    Level 10
    - Victorian Pulaski

    2/4*

    Level 70
    - Niners Rom

    Level 60
    - Klingon Neelix

    Level 40
    - Tuvix

    Level 30
    - First Officer Saru
    - Reinforcement Staments
    - Klingon O’Brien
    - Advocate Kalos

    Level 10
    - Ambassador Sarek
    - Chief O’Brien
    - Bajoran Dukat

    1/4*

    Level 100 (not fully evolved)

    - The Duras Sisters

    Level 90
    - Captain Janeway

    Level 70
    - Dahar Master Kor

    Level 60
    - Commander Barak
    - Anbo-jyutsu Riker
    - Ambassador K’Ehleyr

    Level 50
    - Resistence Shakaar

    Level 40
    - Liason Torres
    - Duchamps
    - Tourist Quark
    - Prisoner O’Brien
    - Grand Proxy Neelix
    - Assimilated Tuvok

    Level 30
    - Icheb
    - Mirror Phlox
    - Mirror Geordi La Forge
    - Mirror Uhura
    - Commando Shran
    - Mirror Janeway
    - Sarek
    - Augment Riker

    Level 20
    - Silik
    - Ba’ku Worf
    - Cardassian Kira
    - Berlinghoff Rasmussen
    - Author Doctor
    - Prospect Micheal Burnham
    - Rakal Troi
    - Graduation Micheal Burnham

    Level 10
    - Mirror Jadzia Dax
    - Alidar Jarok
    - Buster Kincaid Kim
    - Katra McCoy
    - Tash
    - Maquis Eddington
    - Dr. Hippocrates Noah
    - Doctor Chapel
    - Luther Sloan
    - Vic Fontaine
    - Nurse Faith Garland

    * not sure if any 3* are worth naming here but I will if it will help.


  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mirror Picard is like your best Voyage crew even at 1/5... would require oh-so-many faction items to level though.

    Drone seven would be one of your best voyage crew for a long time (to be replaced eventually, but not soon).

    Suus Mahna Serek and Katra McCoy are pretty good even at 1*... if you'll manage to level them.

    Pulaski and McGivers worth it simply by amount of stars (and they are your best Dip anyway). If you'll get 3rd one on Rom then him too.

    Other two Sareks, Mirror La Forge, Tuvix... honestly there are plenty of potentially good (if often mediocre) voyage crew, they just aren't that good at 1-2 stars.
  • Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Mirror Picard is like your best Voyage crew even at 1/5... would require oh-so-many faction items to level though.

    Drone seven would be one of your best voyage crew for a long time (to be replaced eventually, but not soon).

    Suus Mahna Serek and Katra McCoy are pretty good even at 1*... if you'll manage to level them.

    Pulaski and McGivers worth it simply by amount of stars (and they are your best Dip anyway). If you'll get 3rd one on Rom then him too.

    Other two Sareks, Mirror La Forge, Tuvix... honestly there are plenty of potentially good (if often mediocre) voyage crew, they just aren't that good at 1-2 stars.

    Thanks! As mentioned above I don’t mind getting citations for them. Just need to know who to spend them on. Good to know about mirror Picard. I usually only end up trying to level those up. They end up getting leveled up if I see that they have items that are ready. I had too many that I was trying to level at once.

    Also I use the replicator every day for those annoying items that are hard to aquire.

  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks! As mentioned above I don’t mind getting citations for them.
    Just don't citation Rom. But if you'll get one or two more of him in event he would be your best Eng and decent stand-in for voyages even at 2*. For that matter Pulaski and Marla at your current stage are good voyage crew, but you don't want citating them for that as they are just 2 skills and their high base will pale on voyages in comparison to somebody with 3 and good roll at least on two.

    As far as citations go Picard is your best, second, third and fourth option ahead. Awesome for everything, well maybe not Arena.

    As for leveling 1/4... look on wiki honestly. Any 3-skill with good roll FE and not atrocious base would do nicely even at 1/4 until you get better crew. Like Mirror La Forge who get as much Voyage stats from roll as he have from base on 1/4.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well, looking at my voyage reference sheet for my crew, "fit in slots" kind, not just "most points" kind...

    Picard is 1st, Klingon O'Brien 10th, Rakal Troi 11th (do NOT recommend her though), Tourist Quark 14th, Prisoner O'Brien 16th, Grand Proxy Neelix 18th, Mirror Jadzia 19th, Liaison Torres 24, Noah 25, Bridge Troi 27, Prospect Burnham 34, Ambassador Sarek 36, Mirror La Forge 37, Sarek 39. Not the best reference as I have quite different (and bigger) crew, but I think it will do.

    List was done by who was best for each particular combination. 1st place - 6 points, 2nd - 5 and up to 6th. Picard is 82 points, 12 first places and 2 seconds, Klingon O'Brien 41, 5, 1 and Sarek is 28 points and 2 first places.

    PS. Suus Mahna Sarek got 58th place with 20 points and 2 first places as 1/5.
  • Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Thanks! As mentioned above I don’t mind getting citations for them.

    Just don't citation Rom. But if you'll get one or two more of him in event he would be your best Eng and decent stand-in for voyages even at 2*.

    Good to know. I was at least going to wait to see if I got more of him during the event. Already got one more than I thought thanks to the community reward.
    al103 wrote: »
    As far as citations go Picard is your best, second, third and fourth option ahead. Awesome for everything, well maybe not Arena.

    Awesome to know. I’ll make more of an effort to level him. Also, Arenas are probably the one I’m least interested in. Mainly Voyages, Shuttles and Gauntlet.

    * Just saw his FFFE stats!! He’d be a beast at Gauntlet! Looks like I’d better start saving those 200 000 honor now!
    al103 wrote: »
    As for leveling 1/4... look on wiki honestly. Any 3-skill with good roll FE and not atrocious base would do nicely even at 1/4 until you get better crew. Like Mirror La Forge who get as much Voyage stats from roll as he have from base on 1/4.

    Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of on waiting to see if I get others in the beholds unless they were really good at voyages, then maybe get a citation if it was worth it.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of on waiting to see if I get others in the beholds unless they were really good at voyages, then maybe get a citation if it was worth it.
    For who worth citation see my post after that one. As you don't have Cornwell, Guinan, Delta Paris or Leonardo for Dip, Med and Eng they would be even more important.

    That said if you'll citate 4* Mirror La Forge or Prospect Burnham are newer crew that don't drop in portal or voyages so it's much less of a waste to use on them.
  • al103 wrote: »

    That said if you'll citate 4* Mirror La Forge or Prospect Burnham are newer crew that don't drop in portal or voyages so it's much less of a waste to use on them.

    Are they good in voyages? Might be worth it to FFFE them first if they could help me improve the voyages and get more chrons and honor.



  • Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of on waiting to see if I get others in the beholds unless they were really good at voyages, then maybe get a citation if it was worth it.
    For who worth citation see my post after that one. As you don't have Cornwell, Guinan, Delta Paris or Leonardo for Dip, Med and Eng they would be even more important.

    Thanks! Saw the post right after. Great info.

  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Mirror Picard’s beastliness at Gauntlet, gauntlet scores are the same for 1/5*s or 5/5*s. The way you worded it was sort of ambiguous, so I just wanted to make sure you aren’t going to save honor to improve his gauntlet scores. (:
  • Regarding Mirror Picard’s beastliness at Gauntlet, gauntlet scores are the same for 1/5*s or 5/5*s. The way you worded it was sort of ambiguous, so I just wanted to make sure you aren’t going to save honor to improve his gauntlet scores. (:

    Thanks for the warning! I’m also going to use him for the Voyages and Shuttles but it’s still good to know. Now I know to put him in the Gauntlet as soon as he’s leveled up and not wait to FF him.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Just added 4/4 Faith Garland to my Voyage Spreadsheet. Well, she's pretty good there with her strong Med and strong Dip. Not among the best, but still solid 3 first places. If you manage all 4 stars that's one to priority level for you. Good luck with Augment farming.
  • al103 wrote: »
    Just added 4/4 Faith Garland to my Voyage Spreadsheet. Well, she's pretty good there with her strong Med and strong Dip. Not among the best, but still solid 3 first places. If you manage all 4 stars that's one to priority level for you. Good luck with Augment farming.

    Thanks :) She’s at 3/4 stars now thanks to the community rewards! I should get the 4th one too. I was close to it last time but started later than I would’ve liked. This time I started right away since I had the time off. Thankfully I seem to get more reward points with the galaxy events.

  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I would say:
    Finish off Drone 7 first, then work on Garland she is strong in gauntlet as well as voyages, and has more stars than your Commander Chapel who is comprable.
    Mirror Geordi is probably your next best for Engineering bar Beowulf Kim. "EDIT sorry just saw you had Klingon O'Brien he might be a better option as he is 2/4"
    Mirror Phlox - again good on gauntlet but also his high proficiency set adds to his voyage worth as well
    You also have Mirror Picard who tops voyage lists.

    You'll need to run faction shuttles as much as you can to harvest Terran, Augment and Section 31 equipment for a while and abuse their faction store and replicator. Doing gauntlet and dabo may also get you some free items as well.
    Activity Date 26-10-17 to present, Sqd. Ldr. Magnificent Treknicians - CURRENTLY RECRUITING! JOIN NOW.
    Immortals Legendaries: 17 | Super Rares: 232 | Rare: 76 | Uncommon: 48 | Common: 26 |
    Coastal Trekkers [Recruiting] https://stt.wiki/wiki/Fleet_Coastal_Trekkers
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Given next week Mirror Phlox is currently best bet actually... especially as it may gain 1 or 2 more stars on him.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭
    A few general tips:

    - I find that focus helps ... choose one/two crew and level them to 100, forget about any others (i.e. just leave them sitting where they are, preferable at lvl 1) ... you might want to focus on two crew if you have trouble getting faction items, as some could be stuck for a while until you get what you need via your shuttles ... also you could consider choosing 1 4* and 1 5* to level together (use the crew cost pages via the wiki to balance levelling difficulty).

    - I find that events can help provide focus ... e.g. for the coming event Exobiology crew, Phlox, Paris and Sato variants will get bonus ... so for you that would mean Mirror Phlox and First Officer Saru will provide bonuses.
    The result of levelling these crew is that you will automatically get better at Voyages/Gauntlet/shuttles at the same time! (Phlox - Voy/Gaunt; Saru - Voy/shuttles).

    - Check the wiki and compare some stats ... e.g. if you level your 3/4s (Marla and Pulaski) to 100 you are set for DIP for the time being, those two ladies are DIP base powerhouses, the means that you might be able to free up some of your 3-skill crew for Voyages instead of shuttles.

    - If you are specifically looking to improve in Voyages ... I'd look to level 3-skill 5*s asap ... SM Sarek makes it onto a number of my voyages and Mirror Picard is just great all-round.

    I guess the main thing is to break your problem/wants etc. down into smaller portions ... looking at a long list of crew I'd approach it like so ... what skill do I need to improve/broaden my crew at? SCI? who are the SCI crew I have? What are the best options then (taking events, voyages, gauntlet, shuttles etc. into account)? and just star levelling one at a time ... over time you slowly change your focus as you reach your goals.
    This will allow your crew to improve overall and within no time you'll find yourself making 4 hrs with ease on Voyages with skills you've been focusing on.
  • Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    A few general tips:

    - I find that focus helps ... choose one/two crew and level them to 100, forget about any others (i.e. just leave them sitting where they are, preferable at lvl 1) ... you might want to focus on two crew if you have trouble getting faction items, as some could be stuck for a while until you get what you need via your shuttles ... also you could consider choosing 1 4* and 1 5* to level together (use the crew cost pages via the wiki to balance levelling difficulty).

    - I find that events can help provide focus ... e.g. for the coming event Exobiology crew, Phlox, Paris and Sato variants will get bonus ... so for you that would mean Mirror Phlox and First Officer Saru will provide bonuses.
    The result of levelling these crew is that you will automatically get better at Voyages/Gauntlet/shuttles at the same time! (Phlox - Voy/Gaunt; Saru - Voy/shuttles).

    - Check the wiki and compare some stats ... e.g. if you level your 3/4s (Marla and Pulaski) to 100 you are set for DIP for the time being, those two ladies are DIP base powerhouses, the means that you might be able to free up some of your 3-skill crew for Voyages instead of shuttles.

    - If you are specifically looking to improve in Voyages ... I'd look to level 3-skill 5*s asap ... SM Sarek makes it onto a number of my voyages and Mirror Picard is just great all-round.

    I guess the main thing is to break your problem/wants etc. down into smaller portions ... looking at a long list of crew I'd approach it like so ... what skill do I need to improve/broaden my crew at? SCI? who are the SCI crew I have? What are the best options then (taking events, voyages, gauntlet, shuttles etc. into account)? and just star levelling one at a time ... over time you slowly change your focus as you reach your goals.
    This will allow your crew to improve overall and within no time you'll find yourself making 4 hrs with ease on Voyages with skills you've been focusing on.

    Thanks! That really helped. For some reason I hadn’t really thought of looking at what is lacking in my voyages. I just kind of leveled the crew I thought would be good without really looking at their skills. Hadn’t thought of looking for crew with 3 skills either
  • RaraRacing wrote: »
    I guess the main thing is to break your problem/wants etc. down into smaller portions ... looking at a long list of crew I'd approach it like so ... what skill do I need to improve/broaden my crew at? SCI? who are the SCI crew I have? What are the best options then (taking events, voyages, gauntlet, shuttles etc. into account)? and just star levelling one at a time ... over time you slowly change your focus as you reach your goals.
    This will allow your crew to improve overall and within no time you'll find yourself making 4 hrs with ease on Voyages with skills you've been focusing on.

    I just checked while I was starting another voyage and my MED is severely lacking. Not even close to the other ones. Not sure how I hadn’t notice before. Thankfully Mirror Phlox is MED so that helps. Thanks for the advice it had really helped. Now I know who to pick.

  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I guess the main thing is to break your problem/wants etc. down into smaller portions ... looking at a long list of crew I'd approach it like so ... what skill do I need to improve/broaden my crew at? SCI? who are the SCI crew I have? What are the best options then (taking events, voyages, gauntlet, shuttles etc. into account)? and just star levelling one at a time ... over time you slowly change your focus as you reach your goals.
    This will allow your crew to improve overall and within no time you'll find yourself making 4 hrs with ease on Voyages with skills you've been focusing on.

    I just checked while I was starting another voyage and my MED is severely lacking. Not even close to the other ones. Not sure how I hadn’t notice before. Thankfully Mirror Phlox is MED so that helps. Thanks for the advice it had really helped. Now I know who to pick.

    You have a bunch of quite decent MED crew, even if they are 1/4 or MED is their secondary skill, aside from Phlox (SEC) check out ...
    - Pulaski (DIP)
    - Tourist Quark (CMD/DIP)
    - Katra McCoy (MED)
    (- Nurse Faith Garland) (MED)

    and to a lesser extent ...
    - Dr. Hippocrates Noah (SCI)
    - Doctor Chapel (SCI)
    - Rakal Troi (SEC)

    in brackets I've added in which slots for a Voyage you might put them to get the most of the above crew for a MED main Voyage (BO Troi would go in a CMD slot with your two ENG slots and the second DIP/CMD slot to boost your secondary voyage skill).

    You have the basis for a strong crew (not only for MED ... Mirror Dax is awesome 1/4 for SEC base!!! or Ba'Ku Worf) ... but like I said ... it requires a little focus. :)
  • Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    You have a bunch of quite decent MED crew, even if they are 1/4 or MED is their secondary skill, aside from Phlox (SEC) check out ...
    - Pulaski (DIP)
    - Tourist Quark (CMD/DIP)
    - Katra McCoy (MED)
    (- Nurse Faith Garland) (MED)

    and to a lesser extent ...
    - Dr. Hippocrates Noah (SCI)
    - Doctor Chapel (SCI)
    - Rakal Troi

    This is the exact list I came up with after I saw your post. :smile: Although Doctor Chapel isn’t SCI, just MED.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    You have the basis for a strong crew (not only for MED ... Mirror Dax is awesome 1/4 for SEC base!!! or Ba'Ku Worf) ... but like I said ... it requires a little focus. :)

    Never even thought of them. Thanks!

    Security seems to be one of my strongest though so I’ll probably work on that last. ENG seems to be the 2nd weakest (although still much stronger than MED. 3rd is SCI followed by DIP, COM and SEC.I’ll do what you mentioned for each skill one at a time.

  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭
    Play the Dabo wheel every day. Do the 5000 credit spin, don't bother with the dil spins, they are not worth the money. It should quickly reward you with 5* ship schematics. Once you have a 5* ship, chose this for voyages.
    FFFE
    - Bridge Officer Troi

    4/4*

    Level 70
    - Drone 7 of 9

    3/4*

    Level 30
    - Marla McGivers

    Level 10
    - Victorian Pulaski

    2/4*

    Level 70
    - Niners Rom

    Level 60
    - Klingon Neelix

    Level 40
    - Tuvix

    Level 30
    - First Officer Saru
    - Reinforcement Staments
    - Klingon O’Brien
    - Advocate Kalos

    For now concentrate on a few crew, you current best that between them cover all skills.

    Mirror Phlox is good, he is in this weeks event.

    Reinforcements Staments is not particularly good, but he is a log in reward. If you log in every day this month, you should put a third star on him, and I believe a forth star next month.

Sign In or Register to comment.