[TOOL] Crew management desktop / web tool and Google Sheets add-on

Comments

• Obligatory profuse gratitude before selfishly asking for even more: a huge thank you for not only devising but continually updating this tool! Anytime I'm away from my PC when it's time to launch a Voyage, I wind up hurting my brain trying to remember how I used to staff my ship before it came along.

Now, onto my humble request:

Might it be possible to add a filter to the "Items" page, so that only components/equipment from the known list of Galaxy Recipes are listed? Keeping track of inventory for those items is currently a PITA, except during Galaxies themselves. For pre-farming, having "Galaxy Inventory" just all on one single page would be pretty great.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
  • Obligatory profuse gratitude before selfishly asking for even more: a huge thank you for not only devising but continually updating this tool! Anytime I'm away from my PC when it's time to launch a Voyage, I wind up hurting my brain trying to remember how I used to staff my ship before it came along.

Now, onto my humble request:

Might it be possible to add a filter to the "Items" page, so that only components/equipment from the known list of Galaxy Recipes are listed? Keeping track of inventory for those items is currently a PITA, except during Galaxies themselves. For pre-farming, having "Galaxy Inventory" just all on one single page would be pretty great.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

the components have changed significantly over time, and old events are still replayed after mega events so they'd need to be included. I suspect the list would be longer than you think, though you'd probably be able to tell some very common ones you see a lot.
  • Ambrosius77Ambrosius77 ✭✭
    edited August 24
    The tool is awesome, the performance boost helped a lot.
    The voyage calculator needs some tweaks IMHO. It weights way too much on primary/secondary kills, sometimes it's causing other skill are below 1500 or even 1000. That has significant effect on voyage time. On paper the calculated time is OK, but If you are out of luck and you get less primary/secondary skill hazards, then the time drops drastically. Sometimes swapping one crew member manually to an other with no primary/secondary skills raises voyage time by half an hour or more and compensate the effect of luck.
    Also it seems that +25 AM slot bonus is weighted too much either. Total AM is important if you extend the voyage, but if you not, then it gives less than 1 minute extra time.
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    So I have been using this about a week to see what I need to "farm" for items. I have noticed that sometimes when I level one characters and I come back in to see how my list of "needs" that one items that was needed has changed (to need less) by 100 plus when I did not replicate anything. That does not make sense to me.
  • RogaDanar wrote: »
    So I have been using this about a week to see what I need to "farm" for items. I have noticed that sometimes when I level one characters and I come back in to see how my list of "needs" that one items that was needed has changed (to need less) by 100 plus when I did not replicate anything. That does not make sense to me.

Not sure I'm understanding here. You're saying in the needed equipment section you saw "142 combadges", then go into the game and level one character which required one combadge, then restart the app and now the needed equipment section lists "42 combadges" as needed? Without changing other settings?
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I needed like 290 database (panels) (zero star) that I did not have. I then leveled one character (zhian'tara Odo) from 80 to 90 and then when I checked the spreadsheet and I only needed like 35 that I did not have. I do not see how that could be. I did not replicate the last piece of equipment either (the only thing I needed). I honestly probably should have needed more of them.
  • RogaDanar wrote: »
    I needed like 290 database (panels) (zero star) that I did not have. I then leveled one character (zhian'tara Odo) from 80 to 90 and then when I checked the spreadsheet and I only needed like 35 that I did not have. I do not see how that could be. I did not replicate the last piece of equipment either (the only thing I needed). I honestly probably should have needed more of them.

There are a couple of checkboxes at the top of the needed equipment section, for filtering; did you perhaps accidentally checked one of them when opening it for the 2nd time?
  • While we're on this subject I will hijack for a brief second.....
    This list of needed items is for your crew to equip from current level to the next and not for all crew that aren't FE to get to 100, right?
  • While we're on this subject I will hijack for a brief second.....
    This list of needed items is for your crew to equip from current level to the next and not for all crew that aren't FE to get to 100, right?

Correct, from current tier to the next (for example 40 to 50). That's the only information available through the API.
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. It seemed really high that one time. Now I always check the bottom box that only shows what I am short of. It makes the list a lot shorter and easier to manage. It might be nice if you could put in a column with the difference of have and needed so we could easily sort on that. That is the first thing I always do after I make an export.
  • This sounds like a wonderful option. When I went to download it, it seemed like I needed a PC. Is this so, or can I use it straight from my phone (android Galaxy J3 Prime)?
  • Zathere wrote: »
    This sounds like a wonderful option. When I went to download it, it seemed like I needed a PC. Is this so, or can I use it straight from my phone (android Galaxy J3 Prime)?

The desktop tool runs on Windows, macOS and Linux (but I only build the Windows version, you'll need to built it yourself for macOS and Linux). I'm currently prototyping a web version at iampicard.com , but it's the same interface (same code), so not really suitable for a small touch screen - maybe a tablet, but primarily target at big monitors and precision pointing device like mice.

Maybe a front-end developer wants to help make the tool more usable on mobile devices ; everything is open source and PRs are welcome on GitHub.
  • Great tool!
    one suggestion.. on the voyage page, it currently shows core and proficenies, but voyages are based on a combination of the two...

would it be possible to also post the "total" for each skill?
  • I upgraded to the latest version v0.7.9 , and it's not working anymore - just hangs at 'Loading player data...' not even an error message. Tool is running on a windows pc and game v6.0.0. on an android platform
  • I upgraded to the latest version v0.7.9 , and it's not working anymore - just hangs at 'Loading player data...' not even an error message. Tool is running on a windows pc and game v6.0.0. on an android platform

Can you try uninstalling the tool, then deleting the "%APPDATA%\Star Trek Timelines Crew Management" folder and reinstalling?
  • Thank you TekmanRO, very useful tool, saves me a lot of time to choose optimal crew for voyages.

It works now, the only thing different from before, that I had to do, was to close the game on android completely, including from background running apps - in order for this management tool to even start - cannot run along anymore not even for checking stats - I guess it's the new game client version that won't allow this tool instance to run at same time. Previously I could start a voyage from the tool, while the game was open, and then had to restart game obviously, to reflect changes (voyage underway)
  • I've used the tool in v. 7.6, then upgraded to 7.7 but when upgraded to 7.8 it would not run (hang on loading player data) and then went back to 7.7 and get this error:
    3wgsee7zpz61.jpg
    I followed the instructions to uninstall, remove the "%APPDATA%\Star Trek Timelines Crew Management" folder and reinstalled but it will not work on either Win 7 or Win 10 PCs.
    Went to the download page, and there is a survey, but unable to see/download 7.9. Have you taken it down?
  • The latest version of the desktop tool is always on GitHub.

There's a link to that from the download page as well, here:
    v9f3e3cjvx9d.png
  • edited September 13
    you can no longer run any previous version, since STT recently updated the game client and stated client version 6.0 is now a requirement. I am pretty sure only the latest version of this application supports STT client 6.0.

if you have problems running the client, try doing all windows optional updates (including MS .net versions and updates after they're installed), and also if you have any VPN software running or remote access software for connecting to work for example, try shutting it down.

also, after uninstalling any version of the software, ensure you reboot your computer as well as removing that folder you mentioned.
  • Thanks for the Github link - that did the trick. I was trying to use the one you originally posted unsuccessfully. The newest version seems to be working - I did notice something I have not been able to figure out - trying to export crew as either csv or excel I get an error saying "File not found. Check the file name and try again." I'm leaving the default name and attempting to save but same error - is this a Win 10 issue?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17
    I’ve had something odd just start happening today. After doing a gauntlet battle, when it refreshes the crew are random and not sorted with the highest success chance at the top. I have to click over to the voyage tab and then back the gauntlet to get it to appear correctly. Even hitting the refresh button on the gauntlet doesn’t correct it. Is anyone else running into this?

I absolutely love this tool. I find myself doing more voyages and running more gauntlets because this removes a lot of the pain points, so thank you very much :)

Edit: @TekmanRO I think I figured out what the problem is. I think it’s when you have two identical crew in the same gauntlet. I have 2 copies of The Caretaker in my current Gauntlet. As soon as one of them died so that only one was available, everything started working correctly again. So it appears if there are two active copies of the same crew, it screws with it. Is there a way to prevent two copies of the same crew from being selected?
    Second Edit: Tried it twice more for testing. Intentionally killed off one of my Caretakers and both times, as soon as I did, everything worked correctly. While both were active it was out of whack.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really liking the new update. The improvements to the Gauntlet UI are awesome. Also love the ability to replicate items. Thanks
  • Really liking the new update. The improvements to the Gauntlet UI are awesome. Also love the ability to replicate items. Thanks

Actually, replication isn't quite implemented yet :smile: - still working on that one. But you can warp a mission based on your needed equipment. For replication, you can get some hints about what is potentially throw-away (like ship schematics for maxed-out ships and equipment for FE crew); designing that UX is a pain...
  • ###Kahless######Kahless### ✭✭✭
    edited September 28
    @TekmanRO , thanks a lot for your tool. It's a great help. I have a question about the voyage thing, I saw that you can recall it directly from your tool. But does it automatically update the time/antimatter left(and if it does, how often does it do it?) or do I need to refresh by leaving the voyage page and return to it?
  • @TekmanRO , thanks a lot for your tool. It's a great help. I have a question about the voyage thing, I saw that you can recall it directly from your tool. But does it automatically update the time/antimatter left(and if it does, how often does it do it?) or do I need to refresh by leaving the voyage page and return to it?

It updates every 5 minutes; to update sooner you can move to a different tab and back.
  • Are the equipment warps recommended mission based on the wiki drop rates for cheapest chrons/item, or based number of "pips" which seem like they were designed to indicate drop rate but don't?
  • Are the equipment warps recommended mission based on the wiki drop rates for cheapest chrons/item, or based number of "pips" which seem like they were designed to indicate drop rate but don't?

The missions are sorted based on 'pips' (same as in-game); I can't use the wiki data because that's not formatted for reading by code, and in my experience the data in there is less than reliable.
  • I understand why, but that's unfortunate. Using the highest pips mission can increase the chron cost dramatically for some equipment. In a few cases there are items that have 4-6 chron missions with reasonable drop rates, while the highest pip mission is 20+ chrons. This can double or more the chron cost. It sure is a nuisance to check for unfamiliar equipment though.
  • DmeadzDmeadz ✭✭
    I tried this with my facebook login. Oddly enough I'm logged in on my iphone to Facebook (as it says inside the app...I connected it to FB), but when I put in facebook as the login for this app, my PC account comes up (which I do not use after playing it for a week or so). I wonder how I get hooked in to my actual account through this app?
  • TekmanROTekmanRO ✭✭
    edited October 8
    Dmeadz wrote: »
    I tried this with my facebook login. Oddly enough I'm logged in on my iphone to Facebook (as it says inside the app...I connected it to FB), but when I put in facebook as the login for this app, my PC account comes up (which I do not use after playing it for a week or so). I wonder how I get hooked in to my actual account through this app?

Maybe this will help.