Home The Bridge

Your Gauntlet "Just......Wow" moment

2456719

Comments

  • Hasedoki wrote: »
    I recently sacrificed someone to a match I thought was impossible to win, didn't even pay attention to the results, and was then surprised to see them as an option the next round with 1 fatigue.

    I wish I'd see how they won.

    RNG is crazy. I often do the opposite of what you think should be possible, and always finish top 5-10 without really trying.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • When I got Armus in a ranked award during the first gauntlet I played in. He eats mirror picards for breakfast which is nice.
  • My excited moment comes from finishing top 10 and not getting all useless 3* crap I could have obtained on my own in less than 60 seconds, let a lone 48 hours of Gauntlet.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.”
    —Mark Twain

    MEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy!

    Best Event Finish: #7 during Rule 125 Rerun

    827 Immortalized (Not Counting Duplicates)

    Honor Debt: Inconceivable, but maybe TP will take a personal check?
  • last gauntlet i finish 2 in gauntlet got nothing realy good only chronitron and one 3*gear but what i like is the free pack finish in the first 5 in gauntlet
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Iunno, probably when I realized that Gauntlet was a terribly dull, repetitive black hole for excess merits with minimal rewards.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Iunno, probably when I realized that Gauntlet was a terribly dull, repetitive black hole for excess merits with minimal rewards.

    And we have a WINNER!!
    Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • edited December 2018
    Wish my 5%ers hit like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in this case my rested 25%er

    8t749txjmrtl.png
    Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Wish my 5%ers hit like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in this case my rested 25%er

    8t749txjmrtl.png

    If it makes you feel better, you would have lost even without the crits (1349 vs 1379).

    Surak vs. Seven of Nine isn't a very favorable matchup, even at 25% vs 5%
    mstoi1lc6nlr.png
  • Both were 25%
    Caretaker was not fatigued :neutral:

    mxmt40u7p4h0.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

    Check out my ‘Characters’ thread on the holodeck!

    Currently xo of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 79
    Played since January 2017

    Call me Colli!
  • vg486k67kih6.png
    25% vs 5%
    😢😢
  • Wish my 5%ers hit like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in this case my rested 25%er

    8t749txjmrtl.png

    If it makes you feel better, you would have lost even without the crits (1349 vs 1379).

    Surak vs. Seven of Nine isn't a very favorable matchup, even at 25% vs 5%
    mstoi1lc6nlr.png

    Oh I know, just saying my 5%ers never get 2 crit hits...... :)
    Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • vg486k67kih6.png
    25% vs 5%
    😢😢

    Thats harsh....
    Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Both were 25%
    Caretaker was not fatigued :neutral:

    mxmt40u7p4h0.png

    Thats what you get for missing fleet trivia :tongue::lol:
    Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    vg486k67kih6.png
    25% vs 5%
    😢😢

    The last month or so, this has been happening to me at least 75% of the time when I am lining up a 3, 6, 9 etc win when I have a 75% chance or more of winning. I usually have 25% ( or more) vs 5% with double the proficiency points. I have been getting double and triple critted so often lately I have had my fewest streak boxes opened in over year of playing.

    RNG has been even the rest of the time, win some lose some, but I purposely line up easy wins using merits for the multiple of 3 rewards and lately and RNG has crippled me. My average finish because of it has been 20-30 spots lower.

    Overall, RNG may be working as intended but it really doesn't work on an individual basis. If it did, you wouldn't have some players double FF crew and then dumping multiple copies of Guantlet legendaries every time while other struggle to get one. Over six months, it should level out. As it stands though, it doesn't.

    (My wow moment is a month of the above picture).
  • Yeah, there is nothing wrong with gauntlet.......

    a7l74hg4whu1.png
    Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Wish my 5%ers hit like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in this case my rested 25%er

    8t749txjmrtl.png

    If it makes you feel better, you would have lost even without the crits (1349 vs 1379).

    Surak vs. Seven of Nine isn't a very favorable matchup, even at 25% vs 5%
    mstoi1lc6nlr.png

    Not a very favorable matchup, huh? Even at 25% vs 5%? Sure, sure...

    You should accept one obvious thing. If DB wants you to lose, you lose. Even if your opponent would have to roll 7 (seven) crits in 6 rolls at 0% crit chance in each roll. Gauntlet is not a fairly random system. I have no doubt about it, even the slightest.

    #idonttrustdb
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It really isn't broken. Here is my just wow moment.

    A fatigued Antaak being sacrificed (red-shirted) to a fresh Defensive Phlox.
    27xyd9qu6ptn.jpg

    What was Antaak's crit chance? 65%? And not even a single crit? Shocking... ;)

    #idonttrustdb
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Wish my 5%ers hit like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in this case my rested 25%er

    8t749txjmrtl.png

    If it makes you feel better, you would have lost even without the crits (1349 vs 1379).

    Surak vs. Seven of Nine isn't a very favorable matchup, even at 25% vs 5%
    mstoi1lc6nlr.png

    Not a very favorable matchup, huh? Even at 25% vs 5%? Sure, sure...

    You should accept one obvious thing. If DB wants you to lose, you lose. Even if your opponent would have to roll 7 (seven) crits in 6 rolls at 0% crit chance in each roll. Gauntlet is not a fairly random system. I have no doubt about it, even the slightest.

    #idonttrustdb

    No, I usually don't consider a 60% chance very favorable.

    If you're interested, I have collected 4000+ rounds worth of gauntlet data if you would like to investigate if it is fair yourself:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sYlf7A6M-kaENSsxoHhiUrpNuv71zNRz50Izi-ARB6E/edit?usp=drivesdk
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really isn't broken. Here is my just wow moment.

    A fatigued Antaak being sacrificed (red-shirted) to a fresh Defensive Phlox.
    27xyd9qu6ptn.jpg

    What was Antaak's crit chance? 65%? And not even a single crit? Shocking... ;)

    #idonttrustdb

    This was a but ago, not 65% chance, I think 45%, but I could remember wrong. but Phlox had crit chance fairly high, too. If it wasn't the same, it was one step different. The point is, I had absolutely no reason to think I would win.

    I notice when I lose a match that I believe I should have won, but I win a bunch I should have lost. I, personally, think it is fair. ...Angering, sometimes, but not rigged.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Not a traditional "wow" moment, but this was the first time my brand new Boothby Replicant squared off with Surak.

    ddx46qnq24td.png

    It seems at least for now, experience paid off...

    72u8qzf36fan.png

  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doc Crusher rolled a 1. Critical failure. Tuxedo Nog laughed.
    khju19ch9em4.jpg

    Out of curiosity, has anyone rolled a 0 or a 6?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I got a 6, once. I also got a 2 (not two 1s, a 2). I don't think I've ever had zero.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to do it at least once.
    qbxlco1dzdzt.png

    I'm not the only one? Sometimes "No Matching Skills" versus "No Matching Skills" is fun!!!!!!!!
    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
  • I had to do it at least once.
    qbxlco1dzdzt.png

    I'm not the only one? Sometimes "No Matching Skills" versus "No Matching Skills" is fun!!!!!!!!

    Haha! Love it!! :smiley:
    Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a screenshot but once I had Caretaker vs Caretaker, my was slightly stronger.

    I got TWO CRITS while an opponent got 0 crits and I've lost that battle.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a match up of 5% vs 5%...

    kca9zrqqv59z.png

    And then a moment ago, Boothby Replicant, eager for a rematch with Surak with the pressure of a 16 match win streak, did this after eating 30 dilithium (because why not, I was eager!)...

    feqkks683jkk.png
    ewbyy41agxb9.png

    Clearly I need to coach up Boothby Replicant more. Perhaps I will try and convince him that Surak is planning to attack fluidic space!




  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had a 45% Crew versus another 45% Crew. Both Skills were higher Min/Max for my Crew. Other guy Critted SIX TIMES and I Critted ZERO TIMES. Lost by 300 Points.........
    Keep calm & October 15th!!!!!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    "....Wow"

    Evidently, Boothy Replicant is just incapable of beating Surak!

    xf55mz4ayrbf.png
    p07esuh59ilc.png

  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    30oupjtdgql6.jpg

    I think this is the first time I've survived Guinan getting multiple crits. Of course Guinan killed me every time in the next 4 matches.
Sign In or Register to comment.