Assignment recommendation: USS Brunel
It’s Commander Branch again, the chief personnel officer at Starbase 63. As you may recall, we’re near a recurrent temporal anomaly, one of the more stable in this universe, and as a result we have a steady supply of displaced personnel, many of them well-suited to jobs in this universe. My job is to orient newly arrived refugees and find work for those willing and able to lend a hand to Starfleet at this difficult time.
There are, however, some special assignments which Starfleet Command has asked me to forward to you and some of the other captains running point during this temporal crisis. In each case I’ve compiled a dossier of potential candidates, and am looking for your recommendation for this difficult assignment.
When last we spoke, you recommended Dr. Elias Giger be assigned to Ophiucus III.
The eighth of these assignments is as an engineering consultant on the USS Brunel. Although exploratory missions have been cut back in light of the temporal crisis, Starfleet feels it is important that it remains true to its founding principles, and in that light the Brunel is scheduled to undertake a four year voyage through the sporadically explored Beta Quadrant.
- Danby Connor, formerly the operations officer on the USS Shenzhou. His primary skill is engineering, with secondary ability in command.
- Lieutenant M. Fincke, formerly an engineer on the Enterprise NX-01. His primary skill is engineering, with secondary ability in command.
- Marla Gilmore, formerly the acting chief engineer on the USS Equinox. Her efforts helped thwart a mutinous attempt by desperate Equinox crewers to destroy the USS Voyager, and she was later integrated into the Voyager crew. Her primary skill is engineering, with secondary abilities in science and diplomacy.
- Phoenix Geordi La Forge, formerly the chief engineer on the USS Enterprise-E. The distinguished engineer crossed over to our timeline after having helped repair damage to Earth’s first manned warp vessel, the Phoenix. His primary skill is engineering, with secondary abilities in command and science.
- Enterprise-B Montgomery Scott, formerly an honoured guest on the USS Enterprise-B. The veteran officer crossed over to our timeline after having helped free that ship from an energy ribbon known as the Nexus. His primary skill is engineering, with secondary abilities in science and command.
- Gideon Seyetik, formerly one of the Federation’s top terraformers. He’s a brilliant engineer and scientist, and if you don’t believe me, just ask him. His primary skill is engineering, with secondary abilities in science and diplomacy.
Assignment recommendation: USS Brunel 73 votes
Hey! You will be signed out in 60 seconds due to inactivity. Click here to continue using the site.